shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your <$2,000 dress!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, maybe this is a silly idea (certainly wouldn''t be my first), but I was wondering if we could have a "show me your..." thread, much like the jewelry forums (fora?)...

So far, the only dresses I have tried on have been a lot more than I want to spend (I know, I shouldn''t have looked at them at all--but you try telling my mom that!), so I was wondering if the lovely ladies who have ordered/worn gowns that are under $2,000 might be able to post pictures/information about your gowns to help give me some ideas that are more within my price range (and I''m sure others'' too!)...

9.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Here is the dress I ordered, Watters 7094B, which retails for about $1200, I believe:

Dresses%20005%20xs%20crop.jpg

I also was considering this dress, the WTOO by Watters Emelia, which retails for $700-ish:

copy%20of%20Summer%2008%20245%20small%20edit.JPG

Some other lines you can check out in the <$2000 price range: Casablanca, Jasmine, Maggie Sottero, Pronovias (some)/St. Patrick, Mon Cheri, Mori Lee, Venus.

Once you know what you want, you can also get quotes from NetBride on dresses, which will often be 30%+ less than retail.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
My dress was about half your budget.

Just search on here "Tolli"

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine for $864, but it was discounted greatly because i bought it off the rack, and it was a discontinued dress. i think its original retail price was about $1000 more than what i paid for it.

ETA. It helps if I include the dress information! It's Anjolique # 708.

anj118_708a.jpg

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
$299 David''s Bridal (with a coupon).

1jenbefore.JPG

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
how do you guys past pics here??? i can''t seem to?

alicia gown.jpg

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
LOL ___ ok dont all laugh too hard at me, guess i figured it out! LOL
26.gif
duh

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 11:59:33 AM
Author:alli_esq
Okay, maybe this is a silly idea (certainly wouldn''t be my first), but I was wondering if we could have a ''show me your...'' thread, much like the jewelry forums (fora?)...

So far, the only dresses I have tried on have been a lot more than I want to spend (I know, I shouldn''t have looked at them at all--but you try telling my mom that!), so I was wondering if the lovely ladies who have ordered/worn gowns that are under $2,000 might be able to post pictures/information about your gowns to help give me some ideas that are more within my price range (and I''m sure others'' too!)...

9.gif
Can you give us an idea of what kind of dress you are looking for? Maybe pics of the ones you love?? The ladies on this site can do wonders with finding a beautiful gown, under budget!!

Maggie Sottero''s are extremely popular on this site - and most range from $800 to $1200 with a few exceptions. There are many designers in your price range! We''d love to help you find your dress!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
here is my maggie sottero. it was right arounf $600-$700.

mymscassady2.JPG

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your ideas! Keep ''em coming! You all have lovely gowns
10.gif
--and AMAZING figures!

Aren''t you all amazing???? Answer, of course, is YES
9.gif

Okay, well...this is one dress I tried on last weekend that was really beautiful...

What am I looking for...well, I tend to like a-lines/ball gowns on my figure since I am rather bottom-heavy (though I have liked one mermaid, that I will post below, since I don''t know how to do multiple pics in one post)...I am open to different necklines, though almost everything anyone seems to be showing is strapless...I guess it would be easier to say what I am NOT looking for, since I am somewhat open:

-no lace-up backs
-no detail that comes from the hem and goes up to the middle of the gown
-no buttons that go ALL the way to the hem (though I like buttons if they go down a little, and are REAL buttons that loop; not the ones that are just there for show and don''t have loops)
-I like sparkle, but if there are crystals, I am looking for substantial ones--preferably swarovski
-typically, I am not a huge tulle fan, and no taffeta unless it''s silk...

for this dress, I would probably find a crystal brooch and put it on the middle of the bow, because I am partial to at least a LITTLE sparkle...

knvinef08maevm.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the other I liked the other day...

Sally2095.jpg

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Just checking out the Maggie website (most are lace-up dresses, however) there are a couple of dresses that I thought were pretty:

This one is similar to the 1st dress you posted, but has aspects of the 2nd as well - light beading, botton up back, however, it is taffeta...
Maggie Sottero Lavina Marie

This one is more similar to the 2nd dress you posted - has buttons going down the back, and very light crystals...
Maggie Sottero Lara

I''ll keep looking!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pronovias Nerveo
$1560 pre-tax

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2508bustle.jpg

On the model:
NerveoPro.jpg

angielea

Shiny_Rock
Pronovias Diamante -
No beading
no lace-
buttons on zipper (does not go to hem)
Dupioni silk

Hope that helps!

Angieleaspronoviasdiamante.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Val Stefani for Moonlight

$1200

Cavdress 0032.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think mine fit your bill! Mine was Casablanca 1831, it had real buttons and loops at the top (but also a zipper underneath), it was less than $600 when I bought it, and I got it made without problems with no beads/crystals:

IMG_3274456456.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
the back

Cavdress 0039.jpg

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Mine was like $1750, its ivory silk, and alcenon lace.

original33334444fitjbl2.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Mine retail was about $1200, but I got it for $541 incl taxes. It was discontinued and off the rack.

moncheri2008.1.jpg

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is the Watters 1053B, in silk shantung with lace. $1200. I bought a sample, originally $850, negotiated down to $700. The straps will be added during alterations.

My dress low res no face.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
here''s mine ! anjolique 930

i think it retails about 1600ish (?) but i got it for 1100
1.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
my dress is a tiny bit over your budget at $2100, it is Marisa Bridals. I am replacing the flower on the side with a large blingy vintage brooch i got on ebay, as i too, want some sparkle
1.gif

253512334.jpg

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
back of dress, real buttons and loops

26050688.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my dress. I bought it at David''s Bridal and while there were many dresses there that were sub par in craftsmanship and material, there were many many more that were just gorgeous. The dress was 450, discontinued and off the rack. I think it was 750 full price. I''m not sure.

dressydressy1111111.jpg

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a pic of my dress from the front and the back. I paid between 6 and 700 for the dress and another $60 for the veil. It is the Maggie Sotterro Paris Royale if you want to see it on the model.

all pics of fitted dressolt.JPG

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
This is my fabulous ebay find
9.gif
I purchased it for under $500.

tk2851frontbackdetail.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results