shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me the "tshirt and jeans" of engagement rings!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking for inspiration for a 10 year anniversary ring. I prefer wearability over anything, but love rings that look like art! I also WFH and don't like feeling too blingy... but the issue I'm having is trying to design a comfortable, no prong, almost androgynous ring for 2 rather large-to-me stones (an 8.4mm asscher, a 9x7 cushion).

I'm hoping you all can share images you've come across that are low key and casual ring styles. It preferably doesn't look like an engagement ring, I like chunky more than dainty. It can be a 2 stone, or 2 different rings to be worn together, or 2 different rings for different fingers! Unique, fun, interesting, bold... but casual. I feel like all I'm left with are signets, help please!

Thank you! :mrgreen2:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Isn't 22kt. gold softer than 18?? Asking, because I read that somewhere a long time ago.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Isn't 22kt. gold softer than 18?? Asking, because I read that somewhere a long time ago.

It is softer. My moi et toi is 22k because I love the color and I haven't had any issues I wear it all the time. I have a small bridge connecting the two diamonds. 20230519_120644_20230519172628125.jpg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking for inspiration for a 10 year anniversary ring. I prefer wearability over anything, but love rings that look like art! I also WFH and don't like feeling too blingy... but the issue I'm having is trying to design a comfortable, no prong, almost androgynous ring for 2 rather large-to-me stones (an 8.4mm asscher, a 9x7 cushion).

I'm hoping you all can share images you've come across that are low key and casual ring styles. It preferably doesn't look like an engagement ring, I like chunky more than dainty. It can be a 2 stone, or 2 different rings to be worn together, or 2 different rings for different fingers! Unique, fun, interesting, bold... but casual. I feel like all I'm left with are signets, help please!

Thank you! :mrgreen2:

Have you seen @Pomelo ’s gorgeous ring? It has bezels so extremely wearable, and the coolest toi et moi design!!!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone, the photos are great! Yes @Tonks I've seen @Pomelo 's ring, it's on my saved threads list :)

I suppose adding a photo of the two stones might help. I want to set the cushion E/W, and actually like how chunky the blue stone holder looks with it.

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 8.27.01 AM.png IMG_5973.JPG

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 0.47ct EC set East-West in a 5mm Platinum band, and a 0.86ct OEC Gypsy set again in Platinum, which are my casual RHRs in addition to my large 1.19ct EC that comes out for dressier occasions:

Attach files 20221128_145016.jpg

DK :))

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I would absolutely do a moi et toi bezel setting for your stones. I’m wearing blue jeans and a white tee right now and the moi et toi examples in this thread are making me salivate and think I need the same thing. (I do not need any more jewelry.) lol

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the ideas everyone, and the photos (can never have enough of those here)!

I might be rehoming the diamond and going a completely different direction with the sapphire.. adding four .30ct diamonds in a + shaped signet, or starburst signet, with the diamonds in either an X or a +

Photos to help explain my jumbled brain :rolleyes:
Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 5.31.26 PM.png Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 5.32.26 PM.png Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 5.32.36 PM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results