carat
color
clarity

Show Me Stacked Wedding Rings!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1391161550|3604846 said:
Butterfly! You can hugely help me out here as I have a pear solitaire around the same size as yours! I currently have a plan wedding ring, full princess eternity & then the pear. I am trying to envisage having a further eternity stacked between wedding & pear. Can you post me some more pics with combinations of 3 rings stacked with your pear, making 4 rings total? Would you ever wear that or would it be too much for you on one finger??

P.S. you have a serious amount of beautiful rings & different options! :love:

As for your question, I don't normally wear three bands with my pear. I usually wear the etsy spacer and another band. Or my channel set or shared prong with it.

If I did wear four rings on one finger, I would wear smaller ones, like 2 mm or less.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butterfly, you are a huge superstar for doing this for me! :appl:

I am drooling about the picture with the bezel set rubies, 2 diamond bands & the pear. It is delicious & something about it absolutely captivates me. Could be throwing in of the strong colour?? My issue is width (ooh err! :lol: ) My wedding band is 3mm, made to match my original princess engagement that got damaged beyond repair. My eternity was handmade to match the width & depth of the other 2 & had a similar style to my engagement ring. The pear is a replacement, but the setting has finally been custom made to replicate the shape completely of my wedding ring, only 1mm thinner. So I already have 8mm stacked up. I do have long fingers & I can quite easily & comfortably slip another 2mm plain band on, but I am trying to get a feel for the overall look. The last thing I want to do is detract from my beautiful pear & even now, sometimes I think the eternity overpowers it a bit & I wish it was comfy enough to wear alone on my right hand, but its not. Its spikey & needs the cushioning of the other bands either side.

Soooo..... Do I get my 11 small princess diamonds made into a funky right hand ring & leave the wedding set alone? As you have many options with an almost identical pear, what would you suggest? I'd value your opinion :))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Where does everyone get their lovely BevK bands?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1391193834|3605192 said:
Butterfly, you are a huge superstar for doing this for me! :appl:

I am drooling about the picture with the bezel set rubies, 2 diamond bands & the pear. It is delicious & something about it absolutely captivates me. Could be throwing in of the strong colour?? My issue is width (ooh err! :lol: ) My wedding band is 3mm, made to match my original princess engagement that got damaged beyond repair. My eternity was handmade to match the width & depth of the other 2 & had a similar style to my engagement ring. The pear is a replacement, but the setting has finally been custom made to replicate the shape completely of my wedding ring, only 1mm thinner. So I already have 8mm stacked up. I do have long fingers & I can quite easily & comfortably slip another 2mm plain band on, but I am trying to get a feel for the overall look. The last thing I want to do is detract from my beautiful pear & even now, sometimes I think the eternity overpowers it a bit & I wish it was comfy enough to wear alone on my right hand, but its not. Its spikey & needs the cushioning of the other bands either side.

Soooo..... Do I get my 11 small princess diamonds made into a funky right hand ring & leave the wedding set alone? As you have many options with an almost identical pear, what would you suggest? I'd value your opinion :))

If the spikiness is bothering you, bring it, or send it, to a good benchman and have him file/buff/polish down the prongs/metal?
There are plenty of designers here who would "fix" issues you have. I have seen some people have their engagement rings/ wedding bands polished down.

I would probably wear your set with a band on either side of the pear. But that's me. I would get either the same identical rings and wear it on either side or have different shaped bands/colors.

Another option you have is to get two identical bands about 2mm and wear it on either side of your princess cut eternity along with your pear and then you will have 9 mm, which is not too bad.

That way when you don't feel like wearing the princess with your pear, you can wear it as a right hand ring and the other two bands will buffer it.

I would still look into having the metal polished down, if it's possible.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1391194437|3605202 said:
Where does everyone get their lovely BevK bands?

I only have two, but I found them on eBay. I would look at Pearlmans. I got lucky with my ruby ring. The guy had no idea that he was selling a Bev K/Carl Blackburn ring and it was brand new. I was looking for the exact type ring and happened upon it. He didn't have it listed as a Bev. K ring though. I think I did a search for diamond bezel milgrain band ring or something.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Butterfly. I missed a bit of info, sorry :oops: My original engagement ring was 3 quads of pressure set princess cut diamonds, 4 in each quad. The ring got dropped & one of the center diamonds cracked one next to it. The insurance wrote it off, comparing it to a tiled wall in that you can't chip out one tile without the ones around it falling off to. They added that an invisible set ring wasn't suitable for everyday engagement long-term wear, therefore wasn't fit for purpose & wrote it off. They kindly let me keep it for sentimentality, but it's not wearable as one knock could release the cracked diamond & then they'd all fall out. So my husband likes the idea of using the remaining 11 diamonds in a new eternity. I think they'd be better as a RHR, hence my dilema :roll:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
siamese3|1389737357|3592724 said:
My stackers..I never wear more than three together and only two small ones with my solitare. I couldn't decide what combos to take a photo of so I settled on this!

Holy bling, these are all GORGEOUS, siamese! :lickout:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kylienieves|1389831548|3593641 said:

Lovely set. Who made your bezel band?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My stackers..I never wear more than three together and only two small ones with my solitare. I couldn't decide what combos to take a photo of so I settled on this!

Wow this is amazing!!! I am curious who made your five stone, the fourth band down and also the larger eternity second to the bottom. Tell me all about these gorgeous rings. Can you tell I'm on the hunt for something new?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Butterfly17|1391191228|3605142 said:
Okay. These are on my phone so I am sure they will be upside down. If you have questions about any bands , just let me know.

I have question:) I would love to know about your 7 stone shared prong band I see in the new pics you put up with the marquis. Pointer size, who made the ring and if you could possible take a profile shot so I can see the setting design?

I also asked some questions about your harmony band but my thread got burried. Curious if it is comfortable? Do you know the pointer size? Have you lost any melee? Do you know the height of the ring? Since you have a BGD bezel which I would be wearing the harmony with I am curious if you can take a pic of the harmony and bgd band together. Wondering about there height difference. Also curious what the 7 stone would look like next two those two too. If the pics are trouble no worries.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1391203712|3605311 said:
Thanks Butterfly. I missed a bit of info, sorry :oops: My original engagement ring was 3 quads of pressure set princess cut diamonds, 4 in each quad. The ring got dropped & one of the center diamonds cracked one next to it. The insurance wrote it off, comparing it to a tiled wall in that you can't chip out one tile without the ones around it falling off to. They added that an invisible set ring wasn't suitable for everyday engagement long-term wear, therefore wasn't fit for purpose & wrote it off. They kindly let me keep it for sentimentality, but it's not wearable as one knock could release the cracked diamond & then they'd all fall out. So my husband likes the idea of using the remaining 11 diamonds in a new eternity. I think they'd be better as a RHR, hence my dilema :roll:

Oh, I get it now. I would probably make them into a right hand ring then. Maybe an alternating round and princess cut diamond right hand ring. Similar to this picture below. I like the idea of the new eternity but if you think the one you have bothers you now, I would probably not want to wear two of them on one finger.

I personally don't like rings that are too tight or abrasive. It would bother me so much to have the rings at that width on one finger. The more rings I wear on one finger, the larger the ring size I get. I have been getting my stackers in size 5.75 to 6, but I normally wear a size 5.25.

I would definitely look into the cost to make it though, it might be less expensive to just buy one ready made than to have it custom made.

166pp11.jpg

119pp11.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have question:) I would love to know about your 7 stone shared prong band I see in the new pics you put up with the marquis. Pointer size, who made the ring and if you could possible take a profile shot so I can see the setting design?

I also asked some questions about your harmony band but my thread got burried. Curious if it is comfortable? Do you know the pointer size? Have you lost any melee? Do you know the height of the ring? Since you have a BGD bezel which I would be wearing the harmony with I am curious if you can take a pic of the harmony and bgd band together. Wondering about there height difference. Also curious what the 7 stone would look like next two those two too. If the pics are trouble no worries.[/quote]

Hi hathalove,

My shared prong band is from Tiffany's. I think it is .56 ctw and each diamond is 8 points. It's their shared prong band and 3mm. wide with an open gallery. Picture is below. http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00004&mcat=&cid=&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+-s+1-r+-t+shared%20prong%20band-ni+1-x+-lr+-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+348+2&search=1&origin=search&searchkeyword=shared%20prong%20band

The Harmony band is very very comfortable. According to their website, it is .47 ctw. with 27 diamonds, so each diamond is about .017 point each and they are ACA melees, so they are very sparkly. It is 2.3 mm wide (but I think it the one I have may be 2.5 mm) and about 1.5 to 2mm in height. I've never lost any melee on either Harmony ring and am very happy with the quality and I am extremely picky about my stuff. I regularly throw it into my ultrasonic. http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/harmony-diamond-wedding-band-1028.htm

I don't have the BGD bezel anymore. I thought the height was too narrow. It was something like 1.3 mm and my Bev. K was 2 mm and the difference was so noticeable. I didn't like that when worn together, the BGD was considerably lower than my other rings. And some of my rings seemed to slide over it.

104_0495_20_282_29-1.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Butterfly. I have hinted to him that a RHR is the preferred option & i've shown him the pics you kindly posted for me with your pear. He gets that it might be too much on one finger. He absolutely is set (very sweetly) on re-using my original diamonds, but he's not adverse to adding other stones. It will be costly as I have insisted he uses the same local jeweler who has recently reset my pear solitaire, but I had such a fantastic experience with him to finally get what I want, that it was worth the cost =)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a bracelet or a necklace with the 11 princess cut diamonds. How big are they?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks again for all the info Butterfly. It really helps!

I am just curious...you have so many beautiful styles of stackers which 2 or 3 have been your very favorites? Easy to wear, comfortable setting, versatile and of course sparkling beauty?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Butterfly17|1391195633|3605219 said:
I only have two, but I found them on eBay. I would look at Pearlmans. I got lucky with my ruby ring. The guy had no idea that he was selling a Bev K/Carl Blackburn ring and it was brand new. I was looking for the exact type ring and happened upon it. He didn't have it listed as a Bev. K ring though. I think I did a search for diamond bezel milgrain band ring or something.
Butterfly, I am envious of your Ebay skills!

ECFan5

Rough_Rock
Here's my stack -- top ring was my grandmother's wedding band from 1936 and the bottom is my wedding band from my husband.

ECFAN5WEWRings.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Crappy pictures but new stack!

2014-02-01_13-59-08_0.jpg

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1391217759|3605461 said:

Holy bling, these are all GORGEOUS, siamese! :lickout:

Thanks Laila!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
hathalove|1391267805|3605739 said:

Wow this is amazing!!! I am curious who made your five stone, the fourth band down and also the larger eternity second to the bottom. Tell me all about these gorgeous rings. Can you tell I'm on the hunt for something new?

Hey hathalove! The five stone was a gift for our fifth wedding anniversary, made by a local jeweler. Fourth band down is a platinum scott kay band, around 1 ctw. The larger eternity is the dream band from bgd with 7 pointers.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanna play too!!!
So, usually i only wear my ER with my half eternity band, because the ER's setting doesn't allow any band to sit flush with it and the overall look of it stacked with many rings doesn't look very nice.
As an exception to the rule, i sometimes wear those two rings stacked with my diamond and pink sapphire eternity ring,which sits very low. So here are two pics of this stack:

_14490.jpg

hpim2387.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When i'm wearing yellow gold jewelry, i like to wear this stack with my Tiffany Notes band, my Cartier trinity ring and my brown diamond half eternity band.

(Please excuse the yellowish pictures...The lights in our home are totally inappropriate for photos!)

hpim2388.jpg

hpim2389.jpg

hpim2390.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
siamese3|1391447619|3607011 said:

Hey hathalove! The five stone was a gift for our fifth wedding anniversary, made by a local jeweler. Fourth band down is a platinum scott kay band, around 1 ctw. The larger eternity is the dream band from bgd with 7 pointers.

Thanks for getting back to me. The Dream is one that I am considering after walking into Tiffanys and loving their shared prong. More questions if you don't mind. Is your Dream a full eternity? If half, how many 7 pointers? What size finger are you? Are there stones in between the fingers? Is it comfortable? Is there anything you would change? Do you know how tall and wide the band is by chance?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving all the new stacks!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DiscoPink & welcome!

Your stack is fabulous! I love that your bands are very different styles, and your engagement ring, well, I am drooling! Do you have any more details & pictures?

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
hathalove|1391459795|3607145 said:
siamese3|1391447619|3607011 said:

Thanks for getting back to me. The Dream is one that I am considering after walking into Tiffanys and loving their shared prong. More questions if you don't mind. Is your Dream a full eternity? If half, how many 7 pointers? What size finger are you? Are there stones in between the fingers? Is it comfortable? Is there anything you would change? Do you know how tall and wide the band is by chance?

The dream is a full eternity. 24 7 pointers F-G size 6 1/4. I'm actually a size 5 3/4, but I hate having on rings that are at all tight and I also like to stack. The ring itself is gorgeous, the stones are amazing and I love how the prongs are kind of "pinched" in so that you really see the roundness and definition of the stones. It is comfortable when I wear it with my engagement ring or with another band of the same height. That being said, it is not my most comfortable ring. It isn't really uncomfortable, but because it is also a bit big, I think that contributes to the "feel" of the ring when worn alone. I do think it is rather a high maintenance band, but this is probably true of most shared prong bands. I originally wanted a memoire but the price was high and the stones weren't as nice without upgrading. If I had it to do over, I might have chosen the memoire because of the process they use for making bands and the process of having it serviced might be easier. I have heard from more than one person that memoire eternities are the little tanks of eternities! Not sure of tiffany shared prong eternities, but I do love the open baskets. My ring sits low, the web site now lists the dream band with 5 points at 1.8mm high and 2.5mm wide. It does scratch my erring but that also could be because my rings are loose. That was something I inquired about and the thought at the time was that it wouldn't damage my erring. I'm not very bothered by that though..again nature of the beast. I will see if I can find a photo of side profile or I'll take one in a bit.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, adding one more stacker picture. This is a Red, White and Blue set.

It's Beverley K ruby and diamond bezel band in 18kt white gold, LOGR diamond bezel band in platinum and Beverley K blue sapphire and diamond band in 18kt white gold.

I can't decide if I should keep the sapphire band or not. It's a little bit bigger than I am used to and the sapphires are
small, but they are the prettiest shade of blue and twinkle in the light.

_14570.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your little sapphire band, Butterfly. Don't sell it! And it looks lovely with those two particular rings :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results