shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me something cool you or your SO have made.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Not nearly as artistic as many of you, but DH and I built a pico brewery in the breakfast area of our kitchen.

I’m a chemical engineer so I made a DIY coolant system for the steel fermenters and a bar with taps using a mini fridge, a CO2 tank, and some pressure regulators.

E25DBFA1-B209-4C18-B639-816339C950FB.jpeg

It is great! I also love your chef's knifes a lot!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
The kiddies are adorable
im really sorry you lost your photos

Thank you! They were in a bag because I didn't have a chance to place them in albums...:cry: Never found a time...

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Not nearly as artistic as many of you, but DH and I built a pico brewery in the breakfast area of our kitchen.

I’m a chemical engineer so I made a DIY coolant system for the steel fermenters and a bar with taps using a mini fridge, a CO2 tank, and some pressure regulators.

E25DBFA1-B209-4C18-B639-816339C950FB.jpeg

This brewery is awesome!

Q

Queenie60

No special talents. I can cook great food but don't care about presentation. Used to buy wooden things at Michaels and paint them with acrylic paints then cower with polish. Still have some pieces, they were fun to make. I have to finish some knitted things before l could post them here, maybe (I am a beginner). Used to make some of my daughter's clothes when we were poor and lived in Ukraine. Casual closes were affordable but not the dresses for special occasions. I also made my son's shirt. All embroidery was made by me. I didn't make my daughter's vest and head piece as well as my son's belt. On some photos she is sporting earrings that I am wearing these days. I lost a big bag of photos from their earlier ears so can't show you several more beautiful dresses that I made for my baby. I believe this thread is going to be a long one.:)
IMG_2007 (3).JPG
IMG_2008 (2).JPG IMG_2010 (3).JPG IMG_2011 (2).JPG IMG_2013 (2).JPG IMG_2014 (2).JPG

Your children are adorable.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a fun thread! So many knitters here!!!! My current hobbies are sewing and quilting. I make the majority of my own clothes (including my undies, but not bras), and am hand quilting daughter #2's graduation quilt. Here are a few of my sewing pictures:

1594485467538.png Fun project that was mostly by hand. ;-)

1594485499179.png Refashioned dress. I originally took the skirt (that was many sizes too large) and made the top dress, but then got a stain on the white (and it never fit properly), so I re did it into the bottom version. Bonus: it has a built in bra!
1594485601691.png one of my current quilt projects. Am going to be hand quilting around the edge but am waiting on the batting. This is all hand quilted. :)
1594485665925.png Back of my new favorite top. I need to make some more of this style :D
1594485705102.png This was a "practice" dress from some fabric that I have a TON of.
1594485781872.png Daughter #1's graduation quilt. All hand sewn (except for the petals of the flowers), all hand pieced, hand appliqued, and hand quilted. Started it in November 2018, finished December 2019. Given to her May 2020.

I also can knit, but haven't knit for a long while because I live in the desert and love knitting with wool, but its just not practical. :(

I have many more pictures....

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@Cozystitches Those quilts are gorgeous! My paternal grandmother was a prolific hand-quilter, and did so semi-professionally. She kept a notebook detailing every quilt she sold - more than 900! And she charged based on how many spools of thread she used, which sounds crazy, but I guess reflects the amount of detailed work involved. More detail = more thread.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@chemgirl Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!!!!

When its all finished and you have it poured in a glass, I'd love to see a pic!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
This thread is awesome, I love seeing everyone's projects! So many different talents, so inspiring.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches Those quilts are gorgeous! My paternal grandmother was a prolific hand-quilter, and did so semi-professionally. She kept a notebook detailing every quilt she sold - more than 900! And she charged based on how many spools of thread she used, which sounds crazy, but I guess reflects the amount of detailed work involved. More detail = more thread.

So Cool!!!! Do you still have the notebook? That'd be really neat! I try to keep notes, but it's hard. I love to make things, but I don't sell. :D

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
So Cool!!!! Do you still have the notebook? That'd be really neat! I try to keep notes, but it's hard. I love to make things, but I don't sell. :D

I believe one of my aunts ended up with it. She was very much the "idle hands are the devil's workshop" sort. Never a moment's rest, well into her 80's. Wore out her first set of artificial hips, if that's any indication. :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My other half makes messes usually....lol I'm proud of him for other reasons of course.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad to see several knitters. I also knit, and I spin fibres into yarn with my traditional spinning wheel. I like to experiment with mixing luxury fibres together, and I enjoy dyeing my yarn. Picking colour combinations is a lot of fun.

This is a skein of self spun mix of camel down, silk, merino.
IMG_20190131_124630.jpg

Gorgeous spinning! What kind of wheel do you have? It’s so unusual to find another spinner out in the “wild” haha.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun thread! So many knitters here!!!! My current hobbies are sewing and quilting. I make the majority of my own clothes (including my undies, but not bras), and am hand quilting daughter #2's graduation quilt. Here are a few of my sewing pictures:

1594485467538.png Fun project that was mostly by hand. ;-)

1594485499179.png Refashioned dress. I originally took the skirt (that was many sizes too large) and made the top dress, but then got a stain on the white (and it never fit properly), so I re did it into the bottom version. Bonus: it has a built in bra!
1594485601691.png one of my current quilt projects. Am going to be hand quilting around the edge but am waiting on the batting. This is all hand quilted. :)
1594485665925.png Back of my new favorite top. I need to make some more of this style :D
1594485705102.png This was a "practice" dress from some fabric that I have a TON of.
1594485781872.png Daughter #1's graduation quilt. All hand sewn (except for the petals of the flowers), all hand pieced, hand appliqued, and hand quilted. Started it in November 2018, finished December 2019. Given to her May 2020.

I also can knit, but haven't knit for a long while because I live in the desert and love knitting with wool, but its just not practical. :(

I have many more pictures....

I admire your artistic taste and all your clothes are very flattering! You look gorgeous in them! Your smile says a lot about how your masterpieces make you really happy.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
@Cozystitches we all need masks like yours (the first photo):lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

I wish they could spook Covid away...

Last edited:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I admire your artistic taste and all your clothes are very flattering! You look gorgeous in them! Your smile says a lot about how your masterpieces make you really happy.
Awww, thanks!!! I started making clothes because I could not find pants that: FIT with POCKETS for anything! I had a limit of $50 (this was many years ago now), so I took an entire summer figuring out pants. Allllll most gave up (was legit on the last pair). Now I do knit pants so the fitting is a bit easier. ;-) I enjoy making my clothes, plus no one has what I have AND all my things have POCKETS! #pocketsforlife #pocketsareeverything

@Cozystitches we all need masks like yours (the first photo):lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

I wish they could spook Covid away...

LOL :D I had fun with that mask. Made it at the beginning of this mess. It's challenging to see out of it as it cuts my peripheral almost completely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results