shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me something cool you or your SO have made.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I'm a knitter. I made this sweater a year ago (not my most recent finished object but it's what I have on my phone) 20190504_161627_medium2.jpg

That is a really pretty! I would wear that!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b beautiful woodworking! I am a sucker for handmade wooden cutting boards, utensil cubbies, etc.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have zero talents. But my DH is very creative. He does woodworking and builds and creates some gorgeous pieces. He also sews (I benefit greatly from this) and cooks and bakes (very grateful for all his skills) and there is almost nothing he cannot do.

I shared some of his furniture making abilities on PS before. Here are a few pics.

He built this outdoor table and benches from Epay wood. He also built another two seater chair for the other head of the table not pictured.
90AEBE03-EA9B-4297-A75E-359DAF2C528C.png

He built this stone BBQ.
636BA48F-7FFA-4EFC-8652-D0F72A041D2C.png

He made (sewed) an SPF canopy for me on our bike. As well as the cat flags and other flags.
5862DA52-074F-47CB-BDC7-A5F5B35DCF0D.jpeg

This was his first major project. Our SG medicine cabinet at our first beach house.

seagirtmedicinecabinet.jpg

He built the bookshelves for our home library room.

Library Bookshelves.jpg

He has built many many more projects. These are just a few.

I think you have talents! Not the same as his, but you do.

He has made some lovely things!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I'm not crafty really. I can do practical things though, like tile work, installing light fixtures, but nothing like sewing, knitting, etc. I can technically crochet but I don't enjoy it. I know how to sew and will mend things, but do not enjoy it. I have tried to like sewing and crochet, but I just can't. It's frustrating to me. I always break the needle on a sewing machine.

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
I'm glad to see several knitters. I also knit, and I spin fibres into yarn with my traditional spinning wheel. I like to experiment with mixing luxury fibres together, and I enjoy dyeing my yarn. Picking colour combinations is a lot of fun.

This is a skein of self spun mix of camel down, silk, merino.
IMG_20190131_124630.jpg

Here are a couple of things I've knitted: a cotton bolero and an angora neck wrap.
IMG_20190123_133406.jpg IMG_20200318_090833.jpg

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b those chopping boards are beautiful. I'm a very tactile person and the first thing I wanted to do was reach out and touch them.

I do pottery (I do lots of different things but pottery is most recent). I like to try and make different things.

IMG_20200202_112937495.jpg I made (and sold) this bowl at a local art show but I prefer the more quirky stuff.

Made these for out in the garden . They eye is now part of a topiary hedge. (The end of the hedge was supposed to look like a dragon, looks more like a Muppet though)
IMG_20200110_101516114.jpg 20170707_130213.jpg

I also made this bowl for my mum's birthday. I tend to give most things away, the enjoyment for me is in the making.
20171120_140920.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b those chopping boards are beautiful. I'm a very tactile person and the first thing I wanted to do was reach out and touch them.

I do pottery (I do lots of different things but pottery is most recent). I like to try and make different things.

IMG_20200202_112937495.jpg I made (and sold) this bowl at a local art show but I prefer the more quirky stuff.

Made these for out in the garden . They eye is now part of a topiary hedge. (The end of the hedge was supposed to look like a dragon, looks more like a Muppet though)
IMG_20200110_101516114.jpg 20170707_130213.jpg

I also made this bowl for my mum's birthday. I tend to give most things away, the enjoyment for me is in the making.
20171120_140920.jpg

These are so beautiful, @Tartansparkles! And that bowl you made your mother is just wonderful!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad to see several knitters. I also knit, and I spin fibres into yarn with my traditional spinning wheel. I like to experiment with mixing luxury fibres together, and I enjoy dyeing my yarn. Picking colour combinations is a lot of fun.

This is a skein of self spun mix of camel down, silk, merino.
IMG_20190131_124630.jpg

Here are a couple of things I've knitted: a cotton bolero and an angora neck wrap.
IMG_20190123_133406.jpg IMG_20200318_090833.jpg

So very talented! I love the idea of spinning yarns!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not crafty really. I can do practical things though, like tile work, installing light fixtures, but nothing like sewing, knitting, etc. I can technically crochet but I don't enjoy it. I know how to sew and will mend things, but do not enjoy it. I have tried to like sewing and crochet, but I just can't. It's frustrating to me. I always break the needle on a sewing machine.

Sounds familiar. My Mother was the master sewer (clothes, blankets, quilts etc etc), crafter, knitter, and cook/baker. I cook and bake pretty well, but rest is lost on me.

However, I can fix stuff. Take down and repair drywall...refine/sand wood products and certain metals. And jewellery--I worked as jr. bench, so I have a idea about perspective and proportion and creation/repair. Those skills have served me well.

cheers--Sharon

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I'm blown away by the talent & skills here!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word! Holy tamole!!

@stracci2000 - do you ever make jewelry for gifts for people? I can imagine you'd be incredibly popular, come Christmas!!

I do not make jewelry for friends or acquaintances anymore. People are too hard to please! I just make them all for myself! I can never have enough jewelry.....

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many talented PSers!
I just like to crochet. I can only do chain and treble stitch so I make squares. My current massive single square is heading towards the Guinness book of Records record! Needs to be 12 metres by 12 metres.
I also make dangles. Dangles for doggies (or handbags or key chains). I also “decorated” martingale dog collars and leashes for the 2020 Saluki show (Best Collar competition) which due to Covid was cancelled.
Always next year! 29937C70-876B-497B-BF6C-F91FC4C4C3D7.jpeg FCFBD835-DB46-4A88-830E-7F66828AB48A.jpeg A9DFB037-0CB0-4DD6-AAF4-43CAB3DA08FF.jpeg C7E6BA52-72DD-46AF-8D1C-0EDCCEFF5162.jpeg

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful variety of talents and skills represented here!!!
I don’t have any one thing, I’m a dabbler. Sewing, upholstery, DIY just about anything, home renovations etc. We love to make unique or meaningful gifts. This year will be slate cheese boards and monogramed coasters. The slate was rescued from an old school....carried down 3 stories, cut, cleaned and finished to be food safe. The cheese boards will be engraved with the name of the school and the year it was built. The coasters will have acid etched initials. People here will love these as town history is highly valued and these represent a little bit of that history rescued...literally saved from a dumpster.
One thing I enjoy making is glass bird feeders from thrift store/vintage glass. These are cute gifts Or repurpose Grandma’s glassware that no one in the family will use anymore...make everyone a bird feeder! Drilling the glass can be tricky but I’ve only ever broken a few pieces.
I don’t have any pics of the slate projects but I might have some bird feeder pics on my phone....
I also like to refurbish leather bags...redye if needed and possible, minor repairs. @PreRaphaelite I have a small collection of vintage Coach as well. I’d love to see yours!

B6099E75-6A09-4A3E-9E42-643B3F33304C.jpeg
D4AD4CB8-A9B2-4376-9782-3929BDD8D365.jpeg
28E1BB49-0861-4FB6-A903-D17473C4417D.jpeg
Sorry these are not great pics.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I’m curious about this Cross stitching as well. :lol:
Morse code bracelets are good for disguising curse words/messages too. I don’t make those for people though...if they give them to someone who figures it out I don’t want my name associated with it...I live in too small a town for that, lol.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This year will be slate cheese boards and monogramed coasters. The slate was rescued from an old school....carried down 3 stories, cut, cleaned and finished to be food safe. The cheese boards will be engraved with the name of the school and the year it was built. The coasters will have acid etched initials. People here will love these as town history is highly valued and these represent a little bit of that history rescued...literally saved from a dumpster.

This is a fantastic, awesome, fabulicious idea! Kudos for having the imagination and skill to repurpose these things into meaningful and memorable items.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Not nearly as artistic as many of you, but DH and I built a pico brewery in the breakfast area of our kitchen.

I’m a chemical engineer so I made a DIY coolant system for the steel fermenters and a bar with taps using a mini fridge, a CO2 tank, and some pressure regulators.

E25DBFA1-B209-4C18-B639-816339C950FB.jpeg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Sounds familiar. My Mother was the master sewer (clothes, blankets, quilts etc etc), crafter, knitter, and cook/baker. I cook and bake pretty well, but rest is lost on me.

However, I can fix stuff. Take down and repair drywall...refine/sand wood products and certain metals. And jewellery--I worked as jr. bench, so I have a idea about perspective and proportion and creation/repair. Those skills have served me well.

cheers--Sharon

Yes, much the same really. My mother is the crafter. She does all kinds of sewing, embroidery, crochets, does cross stitch, does stained glass, and all kinds of stuff with a Cricut.

I can do practical things. Home repairs, upholstering smaller pieces of furniture, cooking and baking, drywall repair, and similar stuff that you have done! I lack the skill set though that she does and honestly it's not my interest. I would be interested in learning more about jewelry making. years ago I did beaded jewelry, and that was just more for relaxing than anything and I liked it, but it wasn't stuff I would wear.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not nearly as artistic as many of you, but DH and I built a pico brewery in the breakfast area of our kitchen.

I’m a chemical engineer so I made a DIY coolant system for the steel fermenters and a bar with taps using a mini fridge, a CO2 tank, and some pressure regulators.

E25DBFA1-B209-4C18-B639-816339C950FB.jpeg

Wow!!

"Science: it's like magic...but REAL!"

:mrgreen:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
So many talented PSers!
I just like to crochet. I can only do chain and treble stitch so I make squares. My current massive single square is heading towards the Guinness book of Records record! Needs to be 12 metres by 12 metres.
I also make dangles. Dangles for doggies (or handbags or key chains). I also “decorated” martingale dog collars and leashes for the 2020 Saluki show (Best Collar competition) which due to Covid was cancelled.
Always next year! 29937C70-876B-497B-BF6C-F91FC4C4C3D7.jpeg FCFBD835-DB46-4A88-830E-7F66828AB48A.jpeg A9DFB037-0CB0-4DD6-AAF4-43CAB3DA08FF.jpeg C7E6BA52-72DD-46AF-8D1C-0EDCCEFF5162.jpeg

@Bron357, I just read about the massive square blanket! Are you still working on it? It is ginormous!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
No special talents. I can cook great food but don't care about presentation. Used to buy wooden things at Michaels and paint them with acrylic paints then cower with polish. Still have some pieces, they were fun to make. I have to finish some knitted things before l could post them here, maybe (I am a beginner). Used to make some of my daughter's clothes when we were poor and lived in Ukraine. Casual closes were affordable but not the dresses for special occasions. I also made my son's shirt. All embroidery was made by me. I didn't make my daughter's vest and head piece as well as my son's belt. On some photos she is sporting earrings that I am wearing these days. I lost a big bag of photos from their earlier ears so can't show you several more beautiful dresses that I made for my baby. I believe this thread is going to be a long one.:)
IMG_2007 (3).JPG
IMG_2008 (2).JPG IMG_2010 (3).JPG IMG_2011 (2).JPG IMG_2013 (2).JPG IMG_2014 (2).JPG

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No special talents. I can cook great food but don't care about presentation. Used to buy wooden things at Michaels and paint them with acrylic paints then cower with polish. Still have some pieces, they were fun to make. I have to finish some knitted things before l could post them here, maybe (I am a beginner). Used to make some of my daughter's clothes when we were poor and lived in Ukraine. Casual closes were affordable but not the dresses for special occasions. I also made my son's shirt. All embroidery was made by me. I didn't make my daughter's vest and head piece as well as my son's belt. On some photos she is sporting earrings that I am wearing these days. I lost a big bag of photos from their earlier ears so can't show you several more beautiful dresses that I made for my baby. I believe this thread is going to be a long one.:)
IMG_2007 (3).JPG
IMG_2008 (2).JPG IMG_2010 (3).JPG IMG_2011 (2).JPG IMG_2013 (2).JPG IMG_2014 (2).JPG

The kiddies are adorable
im really sorry you lost your photos

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results