carat
color
clarity

Show me real life perspective shots of tennis bracelets

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone, :wavey:

It's been a while. I've been trying to refocus lately and figure out what I really would like.

I'm seriously considering a tennis bracelet and wanted to ask if PSers wouldn't mind posting perspective shots of their tennis bracelets. I have seen some threads of the diamond and tennis bracelets, but there is no thread that consolidates more recent acquisitions with shots from a distance, which would be very helpful. Can you also post the specs of your stones and bracelet as well, and your opinions on the setting type, metal type and how well it wears for you?

I am having a lot of trouble deciding on the right stone size for me and your help is very appreciated. My wrist is 14 cm, or just over 5.5 inches.

Below is one pic I took. Please feel free to comment on the appropriateness of the size for daily wear.

A little over 2 ctw, I think.
_18412.jpg

Close to 3 ctw...

Thanks for your help.

tennis_3_ctw.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my three (left to right):

6.5 ctw .16s F-G/VS (pre PS) 14K YG - twists and rolls inside out on my arm, machine made 3 prong

7.15 ctw .20s FIY/SI (from Wink) 6.5", would have been 8 ctw if standard 7" 18K YG, handcrafted 4-prong with the look of 3-prong

10.5 ctw .33s G-H/VS2-SI1 (from Wink) 6.5", would have been 11.5 ctw if standard 7" 14K YG, handcrafted 4-prong with the look of 3-prong, been wearing this one daily for the last 10 years with no problems whatsoever

The FIY is 3 weeks old, been wearing it daily with my other bracelet from Wink. I don't anticipate any problems with it since it is made the same way that my larger one was made 10 years ago.

sm_cropped_img_0.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Hey LLJ!

I also have a smaller(ish) wrist at 5.5 inches around. Here is my approx 6- 6.50ctw OEC bracelet. The bezels definitely make it seem slightly larger and I like how it offers a bit more protection since I'm typically a very clumsy person.

10509670_10204132599544481_5972849474272458568_n.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What fun! Another project! :lickout:

I have had a tennis bracelet for years, with a recent upgrade to a PS quality WF .18 size melee in platinum, which I do love. I usually wear it along with one of my DBTY bracelets. I think it's somewhere in the 6.5 to 7 tcw, it is quite blingy but it brings joy to wear daily.

I love this size, go try on a few different sizes & see what you think.

_21450.jpg

_21452.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist, thank you kindly for your pictures and descriptions. So very helpful. I have a few other questions, if you don't mind. SORRY FOR THE CAPS. JUST MAKES IT EASIER TO READ.

cflutist|1408288993|3734203 said:
Here are my three (left to right):

6.5 ctw .16s F-G/VS (pre PS) 14K YG - twists and rolls inside out on my arm, machine made 3 prong
THIS ONE TWISTS AND ROLLS. WOW, EVEN ON ONE WITH STONES AS BIG AS YOURS? DO YOU THINK IT'S BECAUSE IT'S MACHINE MADE, OR PRIOR TO PS STANDARDS?

7.15 ctw .20s FIY/SI (from Wink) 6.5", would have been 8 ctw if standard 7" 18K YG, handcrafted 4-prong with the look of 3-prong
GORGEOUS. THIS ONE WOULD MAKE ME SMILE TO MYSELF ALL DAY LONG.

10.5 ctw .33s G-H/VS2-SI1 (from Wink) 6.5", would have been 11.5 ctw if standard 7" 14K YG, handcrafted 4-prong with the look of 3-prong, been wearing this one daily for the last 10 years with no problems whatsoever
WITHOUT SEEING THE PICTURE, I WOULD HAVE AUTOMATICALLY THOUGHT 10 CTW WOULD BE TOO BIG. NOW ON YOUR WRIST, THE SIZE LOOKS PERFECT, COMPLETELY DOABLE FOR DAILY WEAR. I WONDER WHY THAT IS. HONESTLY, IT LOOKS COMPLETELY PROPORTIONAL ON YOUR WRIST, EVEN NEXT TO THE SMALLER ONES. I WILL POST A PICTURE OF A CZ I TESTED THAT WAS ABOUT 5.8 CTW. IT'S FROM A DISTANCE, BUT I LOVE HOW I CAN TOTALLY SEE IT FROM FAR AWAY. I WOULD LOVE YOUR THOUGHTS ON IT.

The FIY is 3 weeks old, been wearing it daily with my other bracelet from Wink. I don't anticipate any problems with it since it is made the same way that my larger one was made 10 years ago.

DO YOU KNOW THE CIRCUMFERENCE OF YOUR WRIST? I NOTICED THAT TWO ARE 6.5 INCHES. I WAS JUST WONDERING ABOUT THE LENGTH OF YOUR BRACELET AS COMPARED TO THE ACTUAL CIRCUMFERENCE OF YOUR WRIST. THAT KINDA HELPS ME FIGURE OUT HOW LOOSE PEOPLE LIKE THEIR BRACELETS.

ALSO, I NOTICED THAT YOU USED 14 AND 18 YG. HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED ANY STRETCHING, ESPECIALLY WITH THE ONE THAT YOU HAVE WORN DAILY FOR 10 YEARS? HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED PLATINUM?

THANKS AGAIN CFLUTIST.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of a 5.2 ctw CZ (standard 7 inch) I tried on, just to see if I liked the size. I'm worried that I might regret not going for a bigger size, but then I don't want to get it and find it's too big for me to wear on a daily basis.

With regard to this picture, I love how you can see it from a distance, and the size up close doesn't bother me either. That should tell me that about 5.2 ctw is about the right size. And it sized properly, it's probably closer to 4.5 ctw cause my wrist is so small.

But do you all think it might be too much for daily wear? Does it look awkward cause my wrist is so bony? :confused: Or is it just a sizing thing. Clearly, the 7 inch is too big for me. If I wear it on my right arm, or if I don't wear my e-ring, would it be ok? I work in a conservative office environment.

tennis_5.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1408289844|3734208 said:
Hey LLJ!

I also have a smaller(ish) wrist at 5.5 inches around. Here is my approx 6- 6.50ctw OEC bracelet. The bezels definitely make it seem slightly larger and I like how it offers a bit more protection since I'm typically a very clumsy person.

Hi SB621!! You've moved already, right? Hope you're doing well.

Thanks for posting your 5.5 inch wrist. The bezeled OEC looks lovely on you. You've got a model wrist btw. Again, without looking at the picture, I would have thought 6-6.5 ctw would be huge, but it doesn't look too big. Rather it looks more like a piece of art. Maybe because you're also wearing an art deco-ish piece with it. How often do you wear your bracelet? What kind of metal is it and does it stretch? Do you know the length of your bracelet?

Sorry for all the questions...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1408303715|3734327 said:
Hey LLJ!

Thanks for posting your 5.5 inch wrist. The bezeled OEC looks lovely on you. You've got a model wrist btw. Again, without looking at the picture, I would have thought 6-6.5 ctw would be huge, but it doesn't look too big. Rather it looks more like a piece of art. Maybe because you're also wearing an art deco-ish piece with it. How often do you wear your bracelet? What kind of metal is it and does it stretch? Do you know the length of your bracelet?

No worries. I don't wear my bracelet full time because I sit at a computer all day and type. But it really just depends on my moods. And yes I have moved and I LOVE living over here :)

If I recall the bracelet is PLAT over gold. It is also around 7 inches long. A bit big on me but I can't resize it due to the construction of it. Plus, well, it's an antique so I just don't' want to mess with it. And no it doesn't stretch at all. I was concerned about that as already a 7 inch bracelet is pushing it, but I have had no issues.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1408290615|3734223 said:
What fun! Another project! :lickout:

I have had a tennis bracelet for years, with a recent upgrade to a PS quality WF .18 size melee in platinum, which I do love. I usually wear it along with one of my DBTY bracelets. I think it's somewhere in the 6.5 to 7 tcw, it is quite blingy but it brings joy to wear daily.

I love this size, go try on a few different sizes & see what you think.

Hi sarahb, thanks for posting your pictures, and providing all the details. I really appreciate it.

I do love it on the same side as the watch. Ideally, that is how I would wear it too, but I am a little afraid it's too much bling. However, given my history of DSS, I don't think that will last long. Interesting that it's .18 melee. I thought a 6.5-7 ctw would be huge next to a rolex, but again no! It looks great. Oh dear... I think I'm leaning toward at least 5 ctw...

Can I ask how you decided on platinum? I talked to some jewelers and they said 14k is stronger and recommended that for a bracelet. My gut wants to go with platinum...just cause it's platinum. I'd like to feel the weight of my jewelry. I'm silly that way.

How long were you wearing a tennis bracelet, and did you wear it daily, often?

Thanks for your help.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJs Mom,

My wrist is 6" in circumferene. I like my bracelets at 6.5" because I want to keep them on my wrist and not on my actual hand.
The pre-PS was bought locally and is a little larger than 6.5" (it started out as 7" but they removed 4 diamonds). The diamonds were not cut as well as Wink's were (they were not sold as H&A, but did exhibit arrows when viewed under a H&A viewer). Also, the links are farther apart which is why it probably rolls around my wrist. Maybe Wink can explain how the handcrafted ones are made versus machine made bracelets?

Personally, I like stones at least .15 ct each.
Sarahb's bracelet looks really nice to me at .18 ct each.

No, the 10.5 ctw from Wink has not "stretched" in the 10 years I have worn it daily. I also worked in a "conservative" office environment (was a VP at a Fortune 50 company) before I retired and didn't mind wearing it to the office everyday. I also wore it camping and even into the ocean in French Polynesia.

Here is another picture of just the colorless diamond ones:

Here is my favorite picture of my original bracelet bought in 2004 from Wink - you can see the little hearts on the side of each mounting:

p.s. I have an all 18K Rolex and I would NOT wear my bracelets on the same side as my watch because the diamond girdles could scratch the watch (it already cost me $600 to service the watch several years ago).

Here is a closeup of the prong work from Wink's handcrafted bracelets. You get the safety of 4 prongs with the look of 3 prongs:

small_both_apart_p4160355.jpg

small__wink_bracelet__2.jpg

sm_outdoors_overcast_img_0.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I'm trying to remember when, at least 10-15 years ago. It's a 6.5 ct platinum & 18k gold, it has a round next to 2 horizontal stacked baguettes, then round and the pattern repeats. I always wore that one daily on my watch arm, with my 26mm gold/stainless Rolex. Did not feel like it was 'too' much at all. I only wear that 2 tone with that watch, which is almost never.

When I received my WF tennis bracelet, I also ordered a sapphire/diamond DBTY bracelet. Now that I have both DBTY's (also bought Mayk's rose gold OEC DBTY) I wear the tennis bracelet paired up with one of those DBTY bracelets on my right arm. I honestly feel like my 31mm rolex, tennis bracelet, & 3 stone & wedding band sometimes looks too much on one arm/hand!! & if I were to 'plan' to wear it with my larger rolex, I might consider going smaller. But really, it's only my 'feeling awkward' in this equation--so your thoughts/experience may totally differ! I can speak out of both sides of my mouth on wearing it the watch vs right arm: Sometimes I think the watch combo sort of 'masks' the bracelet, (the larger ct size is ok) whereas on my right it is there front & center. I especially love it with my rose gold DBTY!

It's a great idea to test a CZ! As for platinum, I just wanted it & never considered anything else. I've always liked that type of metal color on my skin tone & didn't want to deal with re-plating etc.

What do you think about sizes? Truthfully, I don't think a 6-7 ct is too large with the 31mm.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
cflutist|1408304586|3734334 said:
LLJs Mom,

My wrist is 6" in circumferene. I like my bracelets at 6.5" because I want to keep them on my wrist and not on my actual hand.
The pre-PS was bought locally and is a little larger than 6.5" (it started out as 7" but they removed 4 diamonds). The diamonds were not cut as well as Wink's were (they were not sold as H&A, but did exhibit arrows when viewed under a H&A viewer). Also, the links are farther apart which is why it probably rolls around my wrist. Maybe Wink can explain how the handcrafted ones are made versus machine made bracelets?

No, the 10.5 ctw from Wink has not "stretched" in the 10 years I have worn it daily. I also worked in a "conservative" office environment (was a VP at a Fortune 50 company) before I retired and didn't mind wearing it to the office everyday. I also wore it camping and even into the ocean in French Polynesia.

Here is my favorite picture of my original bracelet bought in 2004 from Wink - you can see the little hearts on the side of each mounting:

p.s. I have an all 18K Rolex and I would NOT wear my bracelets on the same side as my watch because the diamond girdles could scratch the watch (it already cost me $600 to service the watch several years ago).

Here is a closeup of the prong work from Wink's handcrafted bracelets. You get the safety of 4 prongs with the look of 3 prongs:

CFlutist sent me a link to this thread and asked that I comment. The hand assembled bracelet is made with cast links and they are individually linked together with drawn wire and then each wire is soldered together. The drawn wire is a little heavier than a traditional machine made bracelet and thus tends not to stretch. It also allows the bracelets to be made with less play in them, which I am sure also helps to keep them from rolling and cuts down on the wear of daily use. I am not the actual craftsman doing this work and do not know all the technical details, only that these bracelets tend to outlast the machine made ones by many years. While a typical machine made bracelet tends to start wearing out around 5 years of regular wear I have yet to have one of these hand assembled bracelets wear out.

The craftsman who made them explained to me once, about the time that we made CFlutist's bracelet why he would not do them in platinum, but I have long since forgotten his technical explanation.

I hope that you find this helpful.

Wink

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 5 inch size wrist and a 6 carat tennis bracelet. Actually 6 carats before it was sized to fit my wrist. I don't have a picture and it's currently in the safety deposit box. I never felt it looked too large on my wrist but seldom wore it due to it constantly snagging my clothes. Also consider the bracelet stacking and size of watches most women wear now. I love how the bracelet looks on your wrist.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1408304387|3734331 said:
LLJsmom|1408303715|3734327 said:
Hey LLJ!

No worries. I don't wear my bracelet full time because I sit at a computer all day and type. But it really just depends on my moods. And yes I have moved and I LOVE living over here :)

If I recall the bracelet is PLAT over gold. It is also around 7 inches long. A bit big on me but I can't resize it due to the construction of it. Plus, well, it's an antique so I just don't' want to mess with it. And no it doesn't stretch at all. I was concerned about that as already a 7 inch bracelet is pushing it, but I have had no issues.

Thanks SB. I'm so glad to hear that it hasn't stretched. And I've been seeing more platinum plated pieces. Interesting... :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink|1408309438|3734372 said:
LLJs Mom,

CFlutist sent me a link to this thread and asked that I comment. The hand assembled bracelet is made with cast links and they are individually linked together with drawn wire and then each wire is soldered together. The drawn wire is a little heavier than a traditional machine made bracelet and thus tends not to stretch. It also allows the bracelets to be made with less play in them, which I am sure also helps to keep them from rolling and cuts down on the wear of daily use. I am not the actual craftsman doing this work and do not know all the technical details, only that these bracelets tend to outlast the machine made ones by many years. While a typical machine made bracelet tends to start wearing out around 5 years of regular wear I have yet to have one of these hand assembled bracelets wear out.

The craftsman who made them explained to me once, about the time that we made CFlutist's bracelet why he would not do them in platinum, but I have long since forgotten his technical explanation.

I hope that you find this helpful.

Wink

Thank you Wink. That was really helpful information. I will be buying from a local jeweler that I have never worked with before. This is great to know and at least I will have some educated questions to ask him. Your pieces are beautiful, stunning really.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1408319511|3734454 said:
I have a 5 inch size wrist and a 6 carat tennis bracelet. Actually 6 carats before it was sized to fit my wrist. I don't have a picture and it's currently in the safety deposit box. I never felt it looked too large on my wrist but seldom wore it due to it constantly snagging my clothes. Also consider the bracelet stacking and size of watches most women wear now. I love how the bracelet looks on your wrist.

Calliecake, thank you for sharing. The snagging is such a good observation. I will make sure I wear sweaters and other snag-prone clothes when I go to try on the bracelets. And so you gave it an extra inch. Your 5 inch wrist is even smaller than mine. Actually, I just grabbed a tape measure, and my wrist is actually 5.25 inches. No wonder all these standard bracelets look so awkward on me.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1408307226|3734360 said:
Well, I'm trying to remember when, at least 10-15 years ago. It's a 6.5 ct platinum & 18k gold, it has a round next to 2 horizontal stacked baguettes, then round and the pattern repeats. I always wore that one daily on my watch arm, with my 26mm gold/stainless Rolex. Did not feel like it was 'too' much at all. I only wear that 2 tone with that watch, which is almost never.

When I received my WF tennis bracelet, I also ordered a sapphire/diamond DBTY bracelet. Now that I have both DBTY's (also bought Mayk's rose gold OEC DBTY) I wear the tennis bracelet paired up with one of those DBTY bracelets on my right arm. I honestly feel like my 31mm rolex, tennis bracelet, & 3 stone & wedding band sometimes looks too much on one arm/hand!! & if I were to 'plan' to wear it with my larger rolex, I might consider going smaller. But really, it's only my 'feeling awkward' in this equation--so your thoughts/experience may totally differ! I can speak out of both sides of my mouth on wearing it the watch vs right arm: Sometimes I think the watch combo sort of 'masks' the bracelet, (the larger ct size is ok) whereas on my right it is there front & center. I especially love it with my rose gold DBTY!

It's a great idea to test a CZ! As for platinum, I just wanted it & never considered anything else. I've always liked that type of metal color on my skin tone & didn't want to deal with re-plating etc.

What do you think about sizes? Truthfully, I don't think a 6-7 ct is too large with the 31mm.

Sarahb, I can see what you mean about the watch kinda masking the bracelet. Next to the watch, the stones don't seem that big. However, on the other wrist w/o the watch, it does stand out more. Hmmm, such good points. I should think about what I would wear it with. If I were to stack, what would that be? Do you know if there are a lot of PSers who stack with diamond bracelets? I think I will need to look that up...

And I really do love your size with your Rolex. It doesn't feel to big at all. At first, I thought I would do only 2 ctw, but that idea is going out the door fast. Below is the 5.2 ctw CZ, close up. Darn. I like it.

tennis_0.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJs Mom,

cflutist, thank you for the closeups of your bracelets. They are gorgeous. And especially thank you for forwarding this to Wink, who so kindly replied. I am feeling more convinced that 2-3 will be too small. Of course I will need to go try them on, but that is how I'm leaning now. Hmmm, hadn't thought about the diamonds scratching up the watch. But mine is stainless steel. Oh, but there are others that aren't. Ok, thanks cflutist. More to think about...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is smaller in ctw than you're thinking LLJ, but here 'tis anyway. It's 3ctw, and I love it for everyday wear, but just quietly, I think you seriously rock the 5ctw one :Up_to_something:

braceletidj_2.jpg

orbayatennisbletpics_002.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi|1408329244|3734520 said:
Mine is smaller in ctw than you're thinking LLJ, but here 'tis anyway. It's 3ctw, and I love it for everyday wear, but just quietly, I think you seriously rock the 5ctw one :Up_to_something:

I agree, DSS happens with bracelets too !!! So please be careful and get what you really want and can afford.
And even if you cannot totally afford it now, just think of it amortized over 20 years, it won't seem like much.

As far as the FIY bracelet that I recently bought from Wink, I first asked him to quote 10s, 12s, 15s. It was my hubby that said
to get the 20s, and I'm glad that I did.

I think 5 - 7 ctw would look great on you. :dance:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DandiAndi, you are killing me! That looks beautiful too, and just lovely and delicate and complements your whole look so well. And I can see it from far away. ARGH!!! And, those stones look so WHITE. ARGH some more!!! :wall: Thank you so much for that picture from a distance.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1408329736|3734524 said:

I agree, DSS happens with bracelets too !!! So please be careful and get what you really want and can afford.
And even if you cannot totally afford it now, just think of it amortized over 20 years, it won't seem like much.

As far as the FIY bracelet that I recently bought from Wink, I first asked him to quote 10s, 12s, 15s. It was my hubby that said
to get the 20s, and I'm glad that I did.

I think 5 - 7 ctw would look great on you. :dance:

You have such a WISE hubby cflutist. Oh, thank you for confirming for me that DSS can occur with a bracelet. Ok, LLJ, stepBACK and calm down. I don't have to decide tonight. But so very many things to consider... :think: :confused:

I will need to make a list of everything to think about...

lnl001

Rough_Rock
2.97ct bezel set rounds f-g 14kt
On me I like the delicateness of the smaller dainty tennis to my rings which are um... Heavy.

Strange that on upload.. The photo is rotated..

image_2216.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lnl001|1408493997|3735854 said:
2.97ct bezel set rounds f-g 14kt
On me I like the delicateness of the smaller dainty tennis to my rings which are um... Heavy.

Strange that on upload.. The photo is rotated..

image_2216.jpg
I had that same problem with my photos on this thread....I just decided it is what it is....

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1408328238|3734514 said:
sarahb|1408307226|3734360 said:

Sarahb, I can see what you mean about the watch kinda masking the bracelet. Next to the watch, the stones don't seem that big. However, on the other wrist w/o the watch, it does stand out more. Hmmm, such good points. I should think about what I would wear it with. If I were to stack, what would that be? Do you know if there are a lot of PSers who stack with diamond bracelets? I think I will need to look that up...

And I really do love your size with your Rolex. It doesn't feel to big at all. At first, I thought I would do only 2 ctw, but that idea is going out the door fast. Below is the 5.2 ctw CZ, close up. Darn. I like it.

I love that size! It's looks perfect on your wrist! I personally think you may regret a 2 ctw. If you like the 5.2, I would also try a 6 ctw just to be SURE. Sometimes that slight size difference can make a big difference in overall look. For me personally, I liked the larger sizes. Cflutist though takes the cake, I just love her yellow diamond bracelet, it looks so wonderful next to her larger bracelet! Yum!!

What fun--that 5.2 sure does look like a perfect fit....... 8-) it would look great paired with a DBTY!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1408495377|3735876 said:
I love that size! It's looks perfect on your wrist! I personally think you may regret a 2 ctw. If you like the 5.2, I would also try a 6 ctw just to be SURE. Sometimes that slight size difference can make a big difference in overall look. For me personally, I liked the larger sizes. Cflutist though takes the cake, I just love her yellow diamond bracelet, it looks so wonderful next to her larger bracelet! Yum!!

What fun--that 5.2 sure does look like a perfect fit....... 8-) it would look great paired with a DBTY!

What do you think that the size of the stones are on a 5 carat? I was hoping that since my wrist is small, I could get fewer but larger stones. But that would probably mean a custom piece, which would be ok. I'll starting talking to the jeweler next week.

And yes, I think you're right. I will probably regret a 2 ctw, not when I could get a larger one. Outta curiosity, do you think prices go up toward the year end?

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
I'd like to add pictures of my 20 points tennis bracelet. 30 diamonds, totalling 6 carats. I usually wear it on my right wrist. But also added a picture which i had just taken to show the bracelet on my left wrist together with my watch. :shifty:

_21490.jpg

_21491.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I happen to like the 5ctw on you! :naughty: It will go nicely w/ your current set!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1408510262|3736018 said:
sarahb|1408495377|3735876 said:

What do you think that the size of the stones are on a 5 carat? I was hoping that since my wrist is small, I could get fewer but larger stones. But that would probably mean a custom piece, which would be ok. I'll starting talking to the jeweler next week.

And yes, I think you're right. I will probably regret a 2 ctw, not when I could get a larger one. Outta curiosity, do you think prices go up toward the year end?

LLJsmom--your hands look quite a bit younger than mine, & I was thinking about your bracelet decision last night. As we age, I'm in my mid 50's, as you know, our body changes. I too had very small wrists when I was younger--but now, not nearly as small. So when you do finally decide & order, maybe order it with an additional few links/diamonds, but have those few put aside for use later on in life.

As for diamond size, I bet it would depend on the length needed--reverse engineer the size of the links/diamonds re the length needed. Although if you know now what size of diamond you prefer right now, then its easy to figure from there. If for example, you like 18 pointers, & you want a 7 inch (half an inch to put aside for later in life) then whatever it takes to make that 7 inch bracelet w/ 18 pointers.

As for price fluctuations, that is outside of my knowledge box--I would not have any valuable input as far as pricing variations go....

Take a look at mcblohe's bracelet, gorgeous by the way! :love: :love: her's are 20 pt stones, mine were 18, & her stones look huge compared to mine! Such a decision LLJsmom--what fun! Cant wait to see what you decide! I love my WF bracelet!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results