shape
carat
color
clarity

show me pictures of EC''s as solitaires!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
well i am starting to look for a larger EC...............not 100% I want to do it but cause I love my stone soooooooooooooooooooo much. I would love to see some Ec solitaires...................

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a thought since you clearly love your stone...why don''t you remove it from the current setting and reset it somehow? use the current setting, put a colored stone (sapphire would be gorgeous in an emerald cut, or an emerald or ruby...) and wear it as a kick butt rhr. You love the setting but think the stone is wrong in it but you also love the stone. this idea deals with both issues (ain''t I practical?)

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2006 12:43:19 AM
Author: diamondfan
Just a thought since you clearly love your stone...why don''t you remove it from the current setting and reset it somehow? use the current setting, put a colored stone (sapphire would be gorgeous in an emerald cut, or an emerald or ruby...) and wear it as a kick butt rhr. You love the setting but think the stone is wrong in it but you also love the stone. this idea deals with both issues (ain''t I practical?)
yessss but i want a bigger stone............................just like mine. my dilemma is that i adore the stone but i really want it just a bit bigger.................i ve been toying with lots of ideas just like you suggested.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the Harry Winston version

harrywinstonECsolitaire.png

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is precision set.

precisionsetecsolitaire.png

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s not an EC but you can get an idea for the setting in this gorgeous Mark Morrell Solitaire

MMnotandEC.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
another MM

anotherMMECidea.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a setting from Gumuchian Fils

27J13.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's not a solitaire, but here's Nichole Richie's E-ring

NicoleRichieEmeraldCut2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alicia''s Silverstones ring

Alicia%20Silverstone.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2006 9:02:06 AM
Author: windowshopper
Date: 5/2/2006 8:56:45 AM

Author: mrssalvo

27J13.jpg
now this i like alot...............Thanks! I appreciate the photos
emsmile.gif

I love that setting too and you could finally wear a wedding band next to your e-ring
2.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2006 9:05:11 AM

Date: 5/2/2006 9:02:06 AM
Author: windowshopper

Date: 5/2/2006 8:56:45 AM

27J13.jpg
now this i like alot...............Thanks! I appreciate the photos
emsmile.gif

I love that setting too and you could finally wear a wedding band next to your e-ring
2.gif
yes exactly

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
what size diamond would you want to upgrade to?

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not typically a pave/eternity band person when it comes to stepcuts...more inclined towards the mark morrells that were posted, but that gumchfils-whatever set from pearlman''s is drop dead gorgeous!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring windowshopper - I'm sure you get compliments on it all the time.
I really disagree with DiamondFan - I think your stone works beautifully in your setting, I wouldn't change anything.
If you love your stone so much - why make changes?
I know the thirst for a new or bigger stone can be really strong, but if you love yours so much why give it up.
Maybe you're transfering some frustration over the wedding ring issues? How goes the search?

But as per your request, I've always really liked HarlowQueen's Simple HW:
HWring.jpg
straighton.jpg
handview.jpg

Scintillating...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2006 6:21:57 PM
Author: Scintillating
I love your ring windowshopper - I''m sure you get compliments on it all the time.
I really disagree with DiamondFan - I think your stone works beautifully in your setting, I wouldn''t change anything.
If you love your stone so much - why make changes?
I know the thirst for a new or bigger stone can be really strong, but if you love yours so much why give it up.
Maybe you''re transfering some frustration over the wedding ring issues? How goes the search?

But as per your request, I''ve always really liked HarlowQueen''s Simple HW:
HWring.jpg
straighton.jpg
handview.jpg

Scintillating...
scintillating:

Thanks for the compliments and pix. A couple of things: Diamondfan was really just responding to my comments feeling that my mounting was too much for my stone. She was just offering suggestions for keeping my stone since as you noted she saw me say how much I love my current stone..............(this is making no sense).

I actually dont thirst for a larger stone in a certain sense. I cannot emphasize enough how long my hands are: my ring looks enormous on some people and on me I think it looks more like a 2carat. For example I buy large mens watches because they balance out my hands. Luckily my hands arent really man-hands............just super long and lets just say solid and capable.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Love that Eiffel Tower setting, it is saved in my "love these" folder.

Are you looking for simple or more ornate?

I''ve always loved your ring and your center stone is a beauty.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
maybe a toned down version of what i have --less side stone mass

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I read your ering thread and it didn''t seem like you weren''t "in love" with the setting originally - it didn''t seem right to you - so perhaps you should reset it and use the setting for a RHR or special occasions. I can see how you might find the setting overwhelming for the center stone - it might be a little like drinking whipping cream everyday when you might just want a glass of skim. Find something that you can enjoy everyday!

Window - Can we get some full hand shots of your ring as it is now?

Scintillating...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2006 8:06:08 PM
I read your ering thread and it didn''t seem like you weren''t ''in love'' with the setting originally - it didn''t seem right to you - so perhaps you should reset it and use the setting for a RHR or special occasions. I can see how you might find the setting overwhelming for the center stone - it might be a little like drinking whipping cream everyday when you might just want a glass of skim. Find something that you can enjoy everyday!

Scintillating...

Scintillating, I would never diss anyone''s ring...As Windowshopper said in another thread, she had issues with how she thought her setting overwhelmed her current stone BUT she loved her stone. I thought, either remake the current ring to balance it out with her exisiting stone, or replace the center stone and fit the new one to the ring I also think that she has a stunner of a ring, but understand her comments...I have larger hands with thin fingers, and think my ring looks good on me, but if a friend with little hands tries it on it makes the stone look even bigger by the perspective...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let's see if my new image-linking skills work. If they don't, then I'll fix it. Just some ideas off the Leon Mege web site. They're mostly asschers but you get the idea:

r333-32W.jpg

r333-68W.jpg

r178-14W.jpg

r165-09W.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2006 8:40:59 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Let''s see if my new image-linking skills work. If they don''t, then I''ll fix it. Just some ideas off the Leon Mege web site. They''re mostly asschers but you get the idea:

Shoot! I''ll try again after dinner. Sorry!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2006 8:47:14 PM
Date: 5/2/2006 8:40:59 PM

Let''s see if my new image-linking skills work. If they don''t, then I''ll fix it. Just some ideas off the Leon Mege web site. They''re mostly asschers but you get the idea:

Shoot! I''ll try again after dinner. Sorry!

9.gif

awww Kristy, good try..leon''s pics are copyrighted and don''t work that way, they won''t show up as you can see. with his, you do have to load them into your iphoto and rename, export and then upload one at a time. I think Mark Morrell''s is the same way. But just about anywhere else should work
2.gif

FYI-Windowshopper has a Leon ring and it didn''t turn out as expected. I''m not sure she wants another leon
40.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2006 8:13:40 PM
Author: diamondfan
Date: 5/2/2006 8:06:08 PM

I read your ering thread and it didn't seem like you weren't 'in love' with the setting originally - it didn't seem right to you - so perhaps you should reset it and use the setting for a RHR or special occasions. I can see how you might find the setting overwhelming for the center stone - it might be a little like drinking whipping cream everyday when you might just want a glass of skim. Find something that you can enjoy everyday!

Scintillating...

Scintillating, I would never diss anyone's ring...As Windowshopper said in another thread, she had issues with how she thought her setting overwhelmed her current stone BUT she loved her stone. I thought, either remake the current ring to balance it out with her exisiting stone, or replace the center stone and fit the new one to the ring I also think that she has a stunner of a ring, but understand her comments...I have larger hands with thin fingers, and think my ring looks good on me, but if a friend with little hands tries it on it makes the stone look even bigger by the perspective...
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were, I know you wouldn't - least of all Window's stunner, I now understand what you were getting at - I just missed a step.
1.gif

Scintillating...

Kristy - I can see those images.
36.gif
Good choices!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm..one of those strange computer things when some can see and some can''t. I''ll load them for all to enjoy
1.gif

LeonforwS1a.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Scintillating, no worries! Just want to be clear about why I posted what I did, this has come up in a couple threads and Windowshopper and I have been tossing it around!!! I would also never want anyone to perceive me as being snarky or ungracious to someone...of course I have my moments, but I was trying to play devil''s advocate and come up with something to keep it all working!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

leonforWS2a.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

leonforwS3a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results