shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me perpindicular channels?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patch

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/27/2006 4:25:06 PM
Author: FacetFire
Date: 10/27/2006 2:25:25 PM

Author: Patch

Wow! Thanks, FacetFire! I really like some of the Solomon Brothers ones and the bezel at GOG is really nice too. I can tell some of these are out of my price range, but they''re giving me some great ideas for things to look for. If anyone has any examples with a yellow gold shank and the perpendicular (spelled it right that time!) channels and head in white or platinum that would be great too...I''m still on the fence about which color to use.

Oh, and may I ask which ones in particular you like?...I can do more hunting around for stuff that is more like what you want. BTW, I think, and someone can correct me if I''m wrong, that Ingwer rings are fairly inexpensive.
Hmmm...well, I like the overall shape of the platinum one from Solomon with the engraving and the basket setting (85097). I also like the one that sort of looks like yours (79808). And I still like the Union Diamond setting I posted, as well.

Some of the others have shanks that are too wide for my tastes. I like the side channels to stand out a little and sort of "hug" the center stone as opposed to just be part of the shank. The bezel from GOG is nice, though.

Not sure about the split shanks. I started looking at the pependicular channels because I thought they added a little uniqueness, but that might be too unique for my (and hers) taste. Plus, I''m already thinking that finding a wedding band to go with this style might be enough of a challenge as it is without the split shank.

Olive Oil

Rough_Rock
These are all very pretty! I saw in your other post you got a stone with flourescence. I am in science too, so I agree, flourescence is a neat thing. I don''t have any pictures, but was just wondering -- does your girlfriend do a lot of lab/field work? If so, you may want to think about getting her a setting that is not super high, as it may be a pain to have to constantly be taking the ring off for work. Something like the bezel might be good for that.

Patch

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/27/2006 4:45:42 PM
Author: Olive Oil
These are all very pretty! I saw in your other post you got a stone with flourescence. I am in science too, so I agree, flourescence is a neat thing. I don''t have any pictures, but was just wondering -- does your girlfriend do a lot of lab/field work? If so, you may want to think about getting her a setting that is not super high, as it may be a pain to have to constantly be taking the ring off for work. Something like the bezel might be good for that.
She works with lasers, so ALL jewelry is taken off before she goes in the lab. I''ve joked that she''ll need a separate wooden wedding band to wear in the lab.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2006 4:49:59 PM
She works with lasers, so ALL jewelry is taken off before she goes in the lab. I''ve joked that she''ll need a separate wooden wedding band to wear in the lab.
I know you were joking about the wooden wedding rings, but you know they really do make those? I remember coming across them when I was ring hunting. I attached the link, because it is pretty neat to see what they can make out of nothing but wood.

http://www.meadowranch.ca/

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
All of these setting are sooo totally fab!!!
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2006 1:19:37 PM
Here are the pics from Elma Gil''s site: Love this one...
hey, I looked at one like this, it looked pretty good with my stone too... not very much looked good with my stone, and btw that link above to the ring like yours - it just does NOT look right without an oec in there lol

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2006 10:24:18 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 10/27/2006 1:19:37 PM
Here are the pics from Elma Gil''s site: Love this one...
hey, I looked at one like this, it looked pretty good with my stone too... not very much looked good with my stone, and btw that link above to the ring like yours - it just does NOT look right without an oec in there lol
LOL. Yeah, I bet that one looked good with your stone...I love that setting! Can''t wait to see yours finished though!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine have sapphires if you are looking for something unique.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
OOoooo yes! Tacori E-ring is beautiful, very different .

Patch

Rough_Rock
Now that I think about it, Tacori''s ring was probably one of the ones that really made me notice the style, since the sapphires really provide a nice contrast. If I go with a white gold setting, I''ll definitely give sapphires some consideration, but I''m not sure I''d like it as well in a yellow gold setting.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 12:40:30 AM
Now that I think about it, Tacori''s ring was probably one of the ones that really made me notice the style, since the sapphires really provide a nice contrast. If I go with a white gold setting, I''ll definitely give sapphires some consideration, but I''m not sure I''d like it as well in a yellow gold setting.

Maybe not but rubies look great in YG
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 12:08:06 AM
Author: luvsdiamonds
OOoooo yes! Tacori E-ring is beautiful, very different .

Thank you. I really think the long line of the sapphires compliment the EC. It is shown with a RB however from Tacori. (They also make it in an all diamond setting).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results