shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me perpindicular channels?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patch

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m looking for a setting for an e-ring for my girlfriend. I''m starting to become partial to settings with channel set side stones that are perpindicular to the band, rather than running along it, like this Union Diamond setting (which happens to have both):
N_JEA1054.jpg

Another example from Cross Jewelers(which looks like FacetFire''s Michael Bondanza setting?)

Anyone have any other examples of this style? I prefer ones where the channels extend beyond the shank. I''m looking to set a .74ct diamond and I''d like to keep the shank somewhat narrow. Any examples (white gold, platinum, yellow gold with platinum head, etc.) will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Patch

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the pics from Elma Gil's site: Love this one...

DR-142ElmaGil.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Another split shank...

DR-149ElmaGil.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I like the unique criss-cross action on the side of this one...

DR-108ElmaGil.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Another...

DR-129ElmaGil.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, last one from Elma Gil''s site, I''m off to look for more...

BTW, I''ve seen a number of these settings in person, and they are beautiful!

DR-118ElmaGil.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Whoops, lemme try that one again

DevValenciaGOGChannel.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, that''s it! I promise. :) Hope those give you some more ideas! Can''t wait to see what you choose. Good luck!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
nice options facet fire!!
30.gif

Patch

Rough_Rock
Wow! Thanks, FacetFire! I really like some of the Solomon Brothers ones and the bezel at GOG is really nice too. I can tell some of these are out of my price range, but they''re giving me some great ideas for things to look for. If anyone has any examples with a yellow gold shank and the perpendicular (spelled it right that time!) channels and head in white or platinum that would be great too...I''m still on the fence about which color to use.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
wow Facet, I''m getting the feeling you like this style, hee hee!
9.gif
Good job on the pics, you''ve given me some more ideas
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the ribbon ring from Tiffany''s
engagement_other_ribbon1.jpg

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
engagement_other_schlengagement1.jpg

This is the Schlumberger ring from Tiffany''s.
30.gif
I love this one

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Why don't you give us a better idea of what your budget is? Don't forget, if you like any of them and the platinum version is out of reach, you can always go with gold, which will be much less expensive. I'd call Solomon Bros or GOG and get a better idea of the prices in white gold. I have dealt with Solomon Bros before, and they end up giving a very good price...

Personally, I think settings with a lot of side diamonds look better in white gold than yellow, but it's a personal preference. What color jewelry does she wear most of the time?

Also, those Elma Gil settings are suprising inexpensive in white gold...well under $1000.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2006 3:04:20 PM
Author: angeline
wow Facet, I''m getting the feeling you like this style, hee hee!
9.gif
Good job on the pics, you''ve given me some more ideas
36.gif
Yeah, it is one of my favorites! Glad to have helped. :)

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2006 2:25:25 PM
Author: Patch
Wow! Thanks, FacetFire! I really like some of the Solomon Brothers ones and the bezel at GOG is really nice too. I can tell some of these are out of my price range, but they''re giving me some great ideas for things to look for. If anyone has any examples with a yellow gold shank and the perpendicular (spelled it right that time!) channels and head in white or platinum that would be great too...I''m still on the fence about which color to use.
Oh, and may I ask which ones in particular you like?...I can do more hunting around for stuff that is more like what you want. BTW, I think, and someone can correct me if I''m wrong, that Ingwer rings are fairly inexpensive.

Patch

Rough_Rock
I''d like to keep it under $1000 (I''m on a grad student budget). But feel free to post some of the more stiking examples, like those from Tiffany''s, as well. I like seeing a broad range of what can be done with the style and hopefully, this thread will be useful to some others as well.

I agree about yellow gold and side stones...I''m not a huge fan of the look. But I''m thinking that having a plain yellow gold shank and then platinum for the channels and the center prongs might be an option. My girlfriend doesn''t wear much jewelry currently. She usually just wears small yellow gold stud earrings, a yellow gold necklace, and her two tone watch. I think the yellow gold complements her well, but I don''t think she''s necessarily committed to it...she''s just wearing what she''s been given since she was younger and hasn''t had the money to build up a jewelry collection that''s her own style yet.

It seems hard to find examples online of yellow gold settings I like, though. And with yellow gold (not so much with white), I have some preference for 18kt since there is a visible color difference, and this seems even rarer.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2006 4:25:41 PM
Author: Patch
I'd like to keep it under $1000 (I'm on a grad student budget). But feel free to post some of the more stiking examples, like those from Tiffany's, as well. I like seeing a broad range of what can be done with the style and hopefully, this thread will be useful to some others as well.

I agree about yellow gold and side stones...I'm not a huge fan of the look. But I'm thinking that having a plain yellow gold shank and then platinum for the channels and the center prongs might be an option. My girlfriend doesn't wear much jewelry currently. She usually just wears small yellow gold stud earrings, a yellow gold necklace, and her two tone watch. I think the yellow gold complements her well, but I don't think she's necessarily committed to it...she's just wearing what she's been given since she was younger and hasn't had the money to build up a jewelry collection that's her own style yet.

It seems hard to find examples online of yellow gold settings I like, though. And with yellow gold (not so much with white), I have some preference for 18kt since there is a visible color difference, and this seems even rarer.
The ring that I posted above that looks a bit like mine (from Solomon Bros), I think would actually look really good in yellow gold if you had the yellow gold start just below that bottom channel. I've actually stared at mine before thinking I would like it in yellow gold if it were done like that (keeping the channels and everything above in white). I wish I could photoshop it for you...maybe someone else who has photoshop could color the bottom part yellow? I think it would be stunning!

Also, the Ingwer bezel would look really good if done that way too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results