shape
carat
color
clarity

**Show me how you would set a 1ct RB!**

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
Sooo lets imagine you have a 1ct RB, how would you set it? Please post pictures too!
5.gif

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ok, so I am sure that people are tired of seeing pics of this ring but it does apply to this thread. I have two setting to show you a six prong and a bezel.
Hope this helps...
bberryra5.jpg

bberryjm8.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love cushion shaped halos on round stones...LFVdoll''s is my favorite. Actually its about a 2 carater but a
cut down verions for a 1 carat would be pretty too.

Hope she doesnt mind me posting it (its a real beauty)!
LVRing11.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I love this Ritani Endless Love setting. A lot of the PS vendors, like Brian Gavin Diamonds, can make you something very similar - this ring is slightly over a carat I believe:

reljjc1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention, it''s cutey tt''s ring. Here''s a handshot:

cuteytthand.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d put it in a well made Tiffany six prong replica - ExcelDiamonds or BDG. The six prongs in that setting make a stone look huge IMO!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 8:19:47 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I''d put it in a well made Tiffany six prong replica - ExcelDiamonds or BDG. The six prongs in that setting make a stone look huge IMO!
What she said.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
My 1ct is going into this setting from eBay. You didn''t specify whether you were looking for e-ring or "other," lol.

04248top.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
It really depends on the look you want. I think a 1 ct diamond looks stunning as both a solitaire, a three stone, or a halo. It really depends on your tastes.

Here is a 1 ct Leon compared to a 1 ct Tiffany''s that Freke made for me in an old thread. Both have stones that are about 1 ct.

There are several other beautiful settings on this tread as well.

Leon%20v%20Tiffany%20bead%20set.jpg

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 9:12:38 PM
Author: chiquitapet

Date: 12/21/2009 8:19:47 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I'd put it in a well made Tiffany six prong replica - ExcelDiamonds or BDG. The six prongs in that setting make a stone look huge IMO!
What she said.
Ditto - that's my all time favorite setting
18.gif

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with Blackberry - bezel that rock!!
9.gif

I would, and did, choose this one from Whiteflash

James Meyer bezels are TDF too...

very safe for your diamond, add size to the stone, your wedding band will sit flush...etc, etc, etc!

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the ideas ladies keep ''em coming!! Sorry HVVS I should have mentioned what exactly I was looking for. I created this thread for a friend of mine who got engaged a few months ago. Her fiance proposed with a 1ct diamond in a temp setting and my friend wants to set the diamond in its permanent home in the new year! I showed her the ideas so far and she really likes the bezel with plain band set so thank you for that blackberry16... oh and I personally LOVE CaliSun''s new set.
30.gif
From having conversations with her I get the vibe that she prefers more simple settings rather than halo''s and lots of bling (although I love LFVDoll''s double halo setting, its very beautiful) but thank you all for posting and sharing your ideas.
37.gif

marym

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine. It''s a 1ct semi bezel setting from Blue Nile. I love the sleek, fluid look of the bezel. And boy was I glad I chose this setting after I smashed my ring into the glass door of my washing machine a few months ago. The edge of the bezel got smooshed a little, but boy was I glad that I hit the bezel as opposed to my diamond. That type of thing can be repaired, but a chipped diamond-
23.gif

oranges87.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results