shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me EARRINGS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone done this in a thread lately? AGBF''s recent gold thread inspired me...

Here''s my latest Deco acquisition...(Art Nouveau, if you''re out there, IT''S ALL YOUR FAULT!!)
2.gif

C. 1920, leverbacks, Plat/YG. Bigger diamonds: nice, bright OMCs, 2.30tcw...

I LOVE these..I wear them every day now. After years of wearing studs, having diamonds that "dangle" is really fun..

widget

0ok.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
I wear these little guys when I'm in yellow gold mode: 18K, was told they were French, but no hallmarks, vintage: ??

widget

htr.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OH GREAT. JUST GREAT. I had to get a pendant b/c I didn''t have one for the Show Me the Pendant thread. Now I have to go buy earrings.
31.gif
hahaha! The second pair are fabulous vintage! And the first pair? OMG. To die for
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Widget,

I absolutely love those earrings! They are gorgeous.
30.gif
30.gif

Here is a recycle project I just did with some old princess studs I never wore. Sorry for the bad pic! I wish you could see the details better on the settings. I like how they turned out and find I am at least wearing them now.

cmsprinear.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 7:11:58 PM
Author:widget
Has anyone done this in a thread lately? AGBF's recent gold thread inspired me...

Here's my latest Deco acquisition...(Art Nouveau, if you're out there, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!)
2.gif

C. 1920, leverbacks, Plat/YG. Bigger diamonds: nice, bright OMCs, 2.30tcw...

I LOVE these..I wear them every day now. After years of wearing studs, having diamonds that 'dangle' is really fun..

widget
Oh, Widget, those are just too beautiful.... Really my dream earring
30.gif
(I have resisted studs!
2.gif
)

ETA: I just sent MMM last week a pic of Fay Cullen earrings that were similar (but not as nice!) that I was lusting after...this is NOT helping me...no no no!
37.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 7:25:20 PM
Author: moremoremore
OH GREAT. JUST GREAT. I had to get a pendant b/c I didn''t have one for the Show Me the Pendant thread. Now I have to go buy earrings.
ROTFLMAO, seriously.

Widget - I WANT THOSE OMC EARRINGS!!!!
3.gif
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Everybody!
1.gif

Catmom...I love your recycle job. Don't you love them? These are the first leverbacks I've ever had, and I really think having the stones dangling just below the earlobe really helps to make them stand out...and you can still wear them for "everyday"!

Actually, I've had a thought about my earrings, and maybe I'll run it here...does anyone think it would be possible (or advisable) to alter them so that the diamonds are detachable?? I have a couple pairs of unmounted colored gemstones sitting around I'd love to do something with..hmmm...

I know that some consider a sin to mess with these vintage pieces...

Just a thought
widget

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2005 8:23:27 PM
Author: widget
Thanks, Everybody!
1.gif

Catmom...I love your recycle job. Don't you love them? These are the first leverbacks I've ever had, and I really think having the stones dangling just below the earlobe really helps to make them stand out...and you can still wear them for 'everyday'!

Actually, I've had a thought about my earrings, and maybe I'll run it here...does anyone think it would be possible (or advisable) to alter them so that the diamonds are detachable?? I have a couple pairs of unmounted colored gemstones sitting around I'd love to do something with..hmmm...

I know that some consider a sin to mess with these vintage pieces...

Just a thought
widget
I do love them dangling and since I have 2 holes, I can still wear my studs.

About your beautiful earrings.........initially i thought no, they are vintage, you shouldn't mess with them! But the more I think about it and look at them, what a great idea. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult and being able to switch out the bottom stones would be fantastic. I can just imagine some beautiful color stones on the bottom, yum!

Here is a picture of my diamond jackets. I switch them out with diamond, sapphire and pearl studs. Now you've got me thinking that I need to get more colored studs!

cmsear2.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget,
You are my hero after Jenn!!!!!!! Those OMC''s are just to die for!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Widget, those earrings are great! I''m thinking about doing some everyday dangles. I wear studs for everyday, but think a small dangle would be great.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are bad!!! I just bought a stone for a pendant and now you have me thinking of beautiful dangly earrings. Oh PS is the best and the worst!!!!!
31.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Love them all!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''ve been wanting dangly earrings for awhile now.

Doesn''t Oprah always seem to have some shape diamond dangling and different ones for different days?? I think she interchanges the dangle?! Am I making sense
19.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh, did you mention dangle earrings? Here''s a pair of pearl dangles my husband bought me not long ago.............
31.gif

cmspearlear.JPG

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Widget,

You read my mind. I was wondering when some one would start a "show me earrings'' thread. Congratulations on your new acquisition. They are gorgeous. They do look familiar, except my vintage diamond dangles do not have the little diamond above the big one. I agree with you that these look a lot more interesting than studs. Making the dangle interchangeable is a good idea, but I wouldn''t recommend modifying vintage earrings. Just get another pair made. Any of the styles I posted earlier under "Mint Green tourmaline" would work.

An

addiaearrings.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Dangling earrings are very ''hot'' at the moment and have replaced ''chandeliers'' in popularity. I am posting below one at a time some of my favorite dangling earrings. The one below is my favorite ''evening'' earrings. They were purchased from the Fred Leighton store at the Bellagio in Las Vegas about 5 years ago. I first saw similar earrings on Catherine Zeta Jones on TV when she and Michael Douglas were interviewed by Barbara Walters after the Oscars. The briolettes were sparking like mad when she moved her head. I remember reading somewhere that she wears Fred Leighton jewelry. so I went looking at a local jewelry store that carried Fred Leighton. I did find smaller version of Catherine''s earrings. But, they were too expensive and the store would not negotiate. Few months later, we were in Vegas. When I saw the FL store, I had to go in and look. Guess what, they had two versions of the earrings, big and small and they were willing to give a discount. i was considering the smaller pair, but my generous husband bought me the bigger one for me. There are three briolettes on each side with a total weight of ~ 6.4 carats. The tw of the small round diamonds si `1.7 ct.

Art Nouveau

fredleightonearrings.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great vintage pieces! Just love them all!

cheers--Sharon

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
These Peridot earringswere purchased recently from an estate jewelry dealer. They are old, but I don''t know how old.

peridot-earrings_sm.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
This set of earrings and pendant were manufactured in India, The stones on the upside down flower are tsarsvorite garnets and the briolettes are peridot.

tsarsperi.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
This is a set of green beryl made by Hubert Gem in Los Angeles.

greenberyl.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
ArtNoveau, you collection is magnificent. Truly unique and beautiful pieces. Wow--I love looking at and reading about them.
1.gif

I think as time goes on, I''d like to acquire an estate/antique piece or two. They are so unique and beautiful in a special way modern stones aren''t.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aside from my diamond studs, I have only 2 pair of "good" earrings -- the rest are costume jewelry. The pink heart shaped tourmalines were an "I love you" gift from FH; the Navajo earrings I purchased in Taos a few years ago. They aren''t old, made in the 1970s.

tourmsnavajo3.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ouch. sorry, I forgot to resize

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous earrings ladies.
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh they are all fabulous and catmom, well you''re just a bad girl!!!!
31.gif
11.gif

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer,

Thanks for your kind words. I have been collecting jewelry, both vintage and new, for 20+ years. You have quite am impressive collection yourself. I love earrings and I always wear them. If I forgot to put on earrings, I feel like I am not completely dressed. Here''s another set. The imperial topaz in the ring was purchased from Manaus, Brazil when we were on an Amazon river cruise. An US dealer tried to help me find a pair for matching earrings and after searching for 4 months, the best he could come up with is this pair which look more yellowish.

Art Nouveau

imtopaz.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Holy Smokes!

Catmom, I LOVE those pearls...so elegant!
3.gif

Matata...I especially like the tourmaline hearts...what a sweetie he is!

And AN: What a beautiful collection....all of them yummy. Seeing all your briolettes has got me back on my original bent: earrings that have exchangeable pendants. (I''ve definitely decided to leave my vintage pair alone).

Here''s a pic originally posted by Ana (I think)......the possibilities are endless!
1.gif

widget

briolettes.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Widget,

There are lots of ways to make the drop removable. The top can be like the one on Catmom''s lovely pearl earrings. Another style that you will be seeing more in stores is like the one I found in a trade magazine. The top is a small hoop and the bottom can be any color stone in various shapes such as pears, ovals, trillions, briolettes, princess, emerald cut etc. Pearls would work too.

earring3.jpg

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Art Nouveau!!!!!

I''m just sitting here with my mouth open...drool sliding onto my chin
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

What a collection!! I wouldn''t know which to wear, they are all simply stunning!!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing with us
1.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Catmom, the pearls are divine
30.gif

Matata, love the gold and pink tourmaline hearts...what a nice romantic gift
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I do love my pearls, and the best was that they were a complete suprise.

Art N., I can't add anything more than what others have said, your collection is just magnificent. Each and every one is so unique and beautiful...........you rule!

Widget, I'm so glad you started this thread. Somany lovely pairs to see.
30.gif

Matata, I love your heart tourmalines! Such a sweet present from your FH. I have a southwestern set that I bought in Pheonix many years ago, maybe we should start a new thread?

Oh Kaleigh, You know I was just trying to help.......
17.gif
31.gif

ETA: Forgot to say that these are jade drops that match a pendant and bracelet that my husband brought back from Japan.

cmsjade.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results