shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me big and beautiful eternity bands

Viola

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking to get an eternity band as a 10 yr anniversary ring to wear as a stand alone on my left hand. Approx size of stones 0.30-0.45ct/stone. I need some inspiration of classic pieces with a twist, that is suitable for everyday wear, either with rb, cushions or ovals, bezel, milgrain, shared prong, four prong...etc..

Also, if any of you feel compiled to share your own experiences with larger eternity bands as everyday rings, please do. Are they comfortable? If you could go back would you buy it again?

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I would recommend buying a faux to see how you like the feel of an eternity. That is what I did and what I figured out is that I love it more than I ever thought I would and I wear my faux more than any other ring I own because I wear it with everything. I got it two years ago this month and after almost constant wear over those two years it still looks great. I wear it alone when I want to dress down and with different bands, and with my colored stones for a alternate wedding set. If I had one made I would send it in so that I got an exact copy because the height and prongs are perfect for me. Also I love that it is an asscher eternity because I don't see hardly any metal. I believe the size is the range you are looking in and I have to say that for 5+ carats its not as flashy as you would expect so getting a few faux in different carat sizes and shapes could really help you refine exactly what you like to see on your finger. Good Luck!
33F37129-5D44-46EA-A4A9-5D0A158C2295.jpeg

Elise_k

Rough_Rock
I would recommend buying a faux to see how you like the feel of an eternity. That is what I did and what I figured out is that I love it more than I ever thought I would and I wear my faux more than any other ring I own because I wear it with everything. I got it two years ago this month and after almost constant wear over those two years it still looks great. I wear it alone when I want to dress down and with different bands, and with my colored stones for a alternate wedding set. If I had one made I would send it in so that I got an exact copy because the height and prongs are perfect for me. Also I love that it is an asscher eternity because I don't see hardly any metal. I believe the size is the range you are looking in and I have to say that for 5+ carats its not as flashy as you would expect so getting a few faux in different carat sizes and shapes could really help you refine exactly what you like to see on your finger. Good Luck!

That’s so pretty! Where did you get yours if you don’t mind me asking??

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I can't help but thinking there is a thread for "big" eternity bands. Why can't I find it??

cheers--Sharon

Viola

Shiny_Rock
HI:

I can't help but thinking there is a thread for "big" eternity bands. Why can't I find it??

cheers--Sharon

I knew there was an older thread, but I couldn’t seem to find it either. Please link if you do find it.

Viola

Shiny_Rock

Your band and stack is so pretty!!

That’s great advice, I haven’t thought of getting a faux diamond band to try out different sizes, I’ll be doing that ASAP.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is 0.60 or 0.70 each
Stunning but a little bit to big on comfortable way.
D7821AD5-9705-4956-945C-3DCE34A86F91.jpeg

Are you a hand model? Omg! Gorgeous rings and hands!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Is it this one? Lots of big berthas in there!

DRB

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
A post I can finally give real advise on.

I asked for a large weight eternity band for my E-ring after I swooned after Brooke Burns eternity band (you can google it). It was my plan to have it just stand on its own. I have a small 4.5 size finger and wasn't able to find any to try on in my size to get the true feel. Bless my husband, each stone weighed 0.71 ct and the band was approx. 8 ctw. After just a couple months of wear I couldn't do it anymore and called him crying that I hadn't been sleeping because I knew I had to tell him that I wanted to exchange it for something else. He said he wasn't surprised and that it didn't look comfortable. I couldn't close my fingers together, and it constantly rubbed on the neighboring fingers. To top it off it was ridiculously hard to do anything in it. Wash dishes, exercise - regular daily activities.
In exchanging it I forever lost the sentiment of the item I received during that special engagement moment. And I will forever have regrets. Damn you Brooke Burns for leading me astray.

For my third child I asked for a replica, albeit much smaller ring, as a sentiment of that moment. It ended up weighing 3 ctw, and each diamond is 0.18ct (the smallest you can get GIA certs for I am told). It is still not comfortable to wear on a daily basis, and I only wear it to dress up and wear a smaller princess channel diamond band on each side of it. (As photoed), but I do love it. It has a U-prong setting.

My advice would be to do as suggested above and get a replica of what you want and wear it for many months. I would never steer someone toward a larger eternity band for daily wear after my own experiences, but Covid is a great time to experience washing your hands a hundred times with rings on, a true test and practicality.

I hope this helps.
IMG_0111.jpeg

I would also recommend trying on eternity bands / CZ replicas before committing to a purchase. Personally, my fingers are naturally a bit splayed so I can wear a large eternity ring without noticing the feeling of the stones between my fingers. But I know people who are very sensitive to the feeling and they can’t manage large eternities!

stc715

Rough_Rock
Maybe this isn’t helpful but this is my 5 stone and while I wouldn’t call it big I do wear it everyday. I LOVEd the look of a full but ultimately decided against because I’m too hard on my jewelry + rubbing.

It’s so so wearable and is blingy but not something I’m self conscious of if that makes sense?

would love a full eternity for special occasions tho

66899E9E-6AFD-40D7-8DC7-006D5776B660.jpeg

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure how we define big but I have a 6.25 approx 3 carat eternity in PLT. I echo the comments about maybe wearing a fake to see how you like or don‘t like the feel of the ring. I can wear the band in a stack on my non dominant hand all day long, and I never notice it. But the moment I have it on my dominate hand I feel it every second.

Viola

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,
A post I can finally give real advise on.

I asked for a large weight eternity band for my E-ring after I swooned after Brooke Burns eternity band (you can google it). It was my plan to have it just stand on its own. I have a small 4.5 size finger and wasn't able to find any to try on in my size to get the true feel. Bless my husband, each stone weighed 0.71 ct and the band was approx. 8 ctw. After just a couple months of wear I couldn't do it anymore and called him crying that I hadn't been sleeping because I knew I had to tell him that I wanted to exchange it for something else. He said he wasn't surprised and that it didn't look comfortable. I couldn't close my fingers together, and it constantly rubbed on the neighboring fingers. To top it off it was ridiculously hard to do anything in it. Wash dishes, exercise - regular daily activities.
In exchanging it I forever lost the sentiment of the item I received during that special engagement moment. And I will forever have regrets. Damn you Brooke Burns for leading me astray.

For my third child I asked for a replica, albeit much smaller ring, as a sentiment of that moment. It ended up weighing 3 ctw, and each diamond is 0.18ct (the smallest you can get GIA certs for I am told). It is still not comfortable to wear on a daily basis, and I only wear it to dress up and wear a smaller princess channel diamond band on each side of it. (As photoed), but I do love it. It has a U-prong setting.

My advice would be to do as suggested above and get a replica of what you want and wear it for many months. I would never steer someone toward a larger eternity band for daily wear after my own experiences, but Covid is a great time to experience washing your hands a hundred times with rings on, a true test and practicality.

I hope this helps.
IMG_0111.jpeg

I love your eternity! I do however understand that the 0.7 ct stones weren't comfortable, ah, I can imagine the sadness of letting it go. But if you're going to wear a piece of jewelry every day you need it to be comfortable for the most part, or at least not to uncomfortable.

Thank you for your thoughts, they are very helpful. This is going to be my 10-yr anniversary ring, so I will most probably retire my wedding set (I'm not wearing my engagement ring at all att this point, just a couple of bands and my original wedding band). But I wanted something that I could wear with my wedding band, and a larger eternity has ALWAYS been on my wish list in lieu of a traditional engagement ring. BUT, I'm kind of swaying away from that now, because I got a pavé band a couple of years back, it doesn't bother me, BUT I like to wear my rings for everything, cooking, cleaning, etc, and even thought the quality of my pavé band is perfect, it just worries me, because I want to be able to pass it on to my daughter (I recieved it while pregnant with her). SO, I kind of stopped wearing that aswell. Durability is really an issue for me, because I want the pieces to last, but at the same time I want to wear them for everything except sleeping. And I NEED my rings to be comfortable, I can take some poking, but not to the point that I can't put my fingers together.

The next thing on my wish list, which is probably my first choice costs put aside, and that is a 3+ct solitaire, in rose gold to wear with my plain rg wedding band. Just a thing simple set. Which I know will be way more comfortable on my finger, and I wont have to worry about durability or cracking a stone on the side of my palm, or that it is uncomfortable. And, the stone will stay as an heirloom...

So, now i'm trying to figure out what I should do, * big bling in the form of an eternity or *big bling in the form of a solitaire and 3 times the cost of the first option? I have about a year to make up my mind. But I feel like I would like to decide in the next couple of months so I could start looking for settings...etc...

Sorry for the rambling...I'm all over the place.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Here's a shot of my east-west oval eternity. Each diamond is .30cts and the ring is a 6.75 (total 4.2 ctw). It definitely took some time to get used to the size, especially since all my other rings were generally thinner and had smaller diamonds. I eventually got used to the fricton on the sides of my fingers, and now I find myself intentionally rubbing against the sides every once in a while.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have 2 eternity rings each 3 carats, and they are absolutely comfortable. Regarding the suggestion to buy CZ rings to test the feel and look of a bigger carat eternity I think it’s not really expedient. You can not compare the make and the smoothness of a professionally done diamond eternity to a CZ ring.
The 3 ct. eternity rings never rubbed or scratched me, but I have a CZ bubble band, which I also have bought to test the look, and although it would be smaller caratwise, it’s horribly uncomfortable. It rubs my skin, and I never wear it. The rubbing is coased by the poorly made silver setting.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock

Aschers are stunning

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I have a French cut eternity which I love, and wear often. Usually with a thin pave band on each side. It did take time to get used to the feel of a wide eternity band. I think part of the problem is that my knuckles are large so there is a lot of room at the base of my finger. The pave bands help to stabilize it. I agree with the others who suggested getting a cz version to see if you are ok with the feeling.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a French cut eternity which I love, and wear often. Usually with a thin pave band on each side. It did take time to get used to the feel of a wide eternity band. I think part of the problem is that my knuckles are large so there is a lot of room at the base of my finger. The pave bands help to stabilize it. I agree with the others who suggested getting a cz version to see if you are ok with the feeling.

Oh my iluvcarats.. your french cut eternity band is unbelievable gorgeous. I have never seen anything like that before.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Oh my iluvcarats.. your french cut eternity band is unbelievable gorgeous. I have never seen anything like that before.

Thank you very much, Rubies-R-Me.:wavey:I fell in love with it when I saw it at Lang’s.

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
Maybe this isn’t helpful but this is my 5 stone and while I wouldn’t call it big I do wear it everyday. I LOVEd the look of a full but ultimately decided against because I’m too hard on my jewelry + rubbing.

It’s so so wearable and is blingy but not something I’m self conscious of if that makes sense?

would love a full eternity for special occasions tho

66899E9E-6AFD-40D7-8DC7-006D5776B660.jpeg

Gorgeous! How big are these stones?

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have one, but I'd love an emerald cut jumbo eternity. A girl can dream!
jumboeternities.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results