shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I reset my e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GolfGirl2008

Rough_Rock
I know only I can decide yada yada but I still need to ask .... Should I reset my e-ring as a solitaire? Please help me decide. I am not yet married but have the opportunity to reset. It''s a Tiffany 2.31c RB, VVS1, G color, 1.8 on HCA, ring size 4.5. I just don''t love the setting as is and can get it reset as a classic Tiffany solitaire. HELP! And sorry the photos aren''t 100% the best.

ringlet1.JPG

GolfGirl2008

Rough_Rock
potential wedding band, I think I will ultimately choose a smaller width one as this felt like so much on my finger

ringlet4.JPG

GolfGirl2008

Rough_Rock
Finally .....

ringlet5.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your setting is pretty, but if you don''t like it, go ahead and change! You can''t go wrong with the tif solitaire, it''s a classic. Try it on beforehand (or buy a cheapie and wear it for awhile...Tif fakey''s abound) and see if the simple, lack of bling setting (minus the center of course) won''t be anticlimactic for you.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I agree with everything TravelingGal said. :)

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
OOhhh gorgeous diamond! Your ring now is just stunning, but I totally understand. There is just something about those solitaires! I think a classic 6 prong tiff solitaire would be just GORGEOUS, and that diamond would look absolutely stunning all on its own.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I would! Your ring is beautiful as is, but I love solitaires! Especially with a rock like that. It doesn''t need any back-ups!

Ava15

Rough_Rock
I think it would look better. Your center stone is so large and beautiful. It doesn''t have a problem holding its own. I think getting a cheapy to try out is a good idea though.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Just out of curiosity, what draws you to a ''simple'' tiffany setting?

Alone, the setting is very nice. I see what you mean though, the setting with your fabulous center stone seems to overwhelm your size 4.5 finger. Your center stone will pop in a simple tiffany setting and you can add a blingy band to dress it up a bit.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I had the choice, I''d re-set ... will give you MANY more options for wedding bands & it''ll really show off that gorgeous center stone.

Though I might be biased because I don''t super-love channel set rounds period. For some reason it seems ever so slightly masculine to me & the gaps between the rounds annoy. JHMO though. Your ring as is is perfectly lovely!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I think TGal''s right on the money. Try out a fakey for a while and see if you like it. Your set is gorgeous but your stone would look AMAZING on its own too!!!!!

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is a stunner. I love it either way, but I do think a classic solitaire would show off the center stone even more.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Hm, I''m in the don''t change it camp!

However, Rachael Ray has the Tiffany solitare paired up with the same Tiffany wedding band that you are wearing, and it looks gorgeous together!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
First, the ring is beautiful as is! Fabulous center stone
18.gif
But if you can change it out for what you really love, go for it! I''m not personally a channel set fan either, so going for the classic solitaire would be my choice as well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go for it!! I think the classic Tiffany setting is soooo pretty and will make your gorgeous stone pop!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If your fi is on board and you aren''t happy, I don''t see why not. It is an incredible stone and since you have a small hand I think a simple solitaire will look lovely and well-proportioned. You could keep your current band, I think it would look great with a solitaire or a plain band would look great too.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
It might also be worth mentioning that when I tried rings on at Tiffany''s last year, I tried their solitaire and bead set settings. Using the same size stone for each, the stone popped in the solitaire much more than in the bead setting. Personally, I liked the solitaire better, which surprised me!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I really really love your rings!!!!!

Wow, there is such an exodus from blingy to more classically simple settings. Am I going the wrong way?

I think the stone is so pretty a solitaire would be scrumptious. It will POP more, for sure!

I love both!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 6:14:31 PM
Author: Bliss
I really really love your rings!!!!!

Wow, there is such an exodus from blingy to more classicly simple settings. Am I going the wrong way?

I think the stone is so pretty a solitaire would be scrumptious. It will POP more, for sure!

I love both!
I do not think so, it is all about what you like and there are so many options!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I hope so! There has just been a big wave toward the classically simple styles.
30.gif

More bling for us all to look at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 3:11:15 PM
Author:GolfGirl2008
I know only I can decide yada yada but I still need to ask .... Should I reset my e-ring as a solitaire? Please help me decide. I am not yet married but have the opportunity to reset. It''s a Tiffany 2.31c RB, VVS1, G color, 1.8 on HCA, ring size 4.5. I just don''t love the setting as is and can get it reset as a classic Tiffany solitaire. HELP! And sorry the photos aren''t 100% the best.
You REALLY should LOVE it!!! You will see it EVERYDAY!

I''d go for it! Especially if you have the easy option to do so!

GORGEOUS ring tho! I love a little extra on the sides... but YOU are the one that will wear it, so do what YOU want!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 6:21:22 PM
Author: Bliss
I hope so! There has just been a big wave toward the classically simple styles.
30.gif

More bling for us all to look at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly! There are a fair share of ornate settings on this site, which look amazing!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m all for giving a great stone center stage, so I say go for it!!

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
I think your ring is gorgeous as is, but you''re the one who has to looooove it! If you think it will make you happy, reset it!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh it''s beautiful as is, but as one who wears a 6 prong solitaire I have to say you cannot go wrong with that in any way shape or form; and if you''re a person who likes variety, you can pair it with lots of different bands for differnet looks (over the years, that is). Good luck!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a beautiful ring, but I think it would be stunning as a solitaire paired with a thin eternity band!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what to say...I think that your ring is gorgeous the way it is, but I also love solitaires. I am of no help, but I think that both choices are perfect!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Well...you said it yourself, you don''t love the setting, and think you might prefer a solitaire. So go for it, darlin''!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results