shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I? or Shouldn''t I?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
I have a pair of diamond studs I ADORE; I seriously wear them 24/7/365. The diamonds are not matching cuts, but their size is .01 mm's different and their color range is only 1 grade apart (one is an E the other an F). They were each in engagement rings before I removed them and set them into studs.

Right now they are set in a four-prong basket type setting that I don't love love. I was thinking, because I do adore them SO SO much, should I send them to Brian Gavin to have the reset into three-prong martini settings?? Or am I just looking for a way to spend money?

I've attached a picture of the setting they are in now...

Thanks!
35.gif

ellen 047.2.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you don't really love the setting, I see no reason not to change them. I think you'd love the martini setting, most do! (but maybe try some on first if possible)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m in a similar position. I have two studs, one is from my engagement ring and the other my 5th yr wedding anniversary from hubby. Granted they''re both the same colour, G, and same clarity, VVS1. However, they''re cut differently and do not have the same measurements. I''m sending them to Brian Gavin Diamonds to have them recut into matching stones. I''m having them reset into a 3-stone ring (the centre stone I already have also), but they could just as easily be reset into martini studs.

E and F should appear the same to the eye. Why don''t you explore this option? Just send an email to BGD to enquire.

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your responses!

I don''t want to have them recut because one is actually an OEC and I couldn''t possibly bring myself to recut such an old, colorless, and persoanlity filled diamond. Thanks for the suggestion! I was thinking about bezeling, but eh, I''m not thrilled on that idea either.

I think I''ll email BGD and inquire about options....Thanks again!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results