• No

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh, momma the faucet fight! :eek-2: I have been in it a few times.

When BF and me visit his son, his son is adamant about keeping the faucets to the right. I simply cannot get used to it. I leave it either at middle position or to the left. I am telling you that old habits die hard, we always left it to the left at home, at work and everywhere else and half my day is then spent running back to the bathroom, kitchen and every other faucet to check and make sure to position it right. I still miss half the time. I am paranoid about the issue after I have been told that I did wrong. :confused:

I am not sure which is worse, the faucet fight or the toilet lid controversy. :bigsmile:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would look into that tankless water heater sooner rather than later. You are probably wasting $$ by having your current water heater keep the tank at temperature anyway, whether you're using hot water or not. Maybe also look to see if your city offers any incentives to switching, as it does save water, and should be more energy efficient.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would look into that tankless water heater sooner rather than later. You are probably wasting $$ by having your current water heater keep the tank at temperature anyway, whether you're using hot water or not. Maybe also look to see if your city offers any incentives to switching, as it does save water, and should be more energy efficient.

This.

Not just wasting money but also energy as gas or electricity is being used to keep it hot all the time.

Some great options in WH! Hybrid electric, electric on demand, solar pre-heat, and the list goes on.

You can even look at things like small WH to get it close to where you need for minimal waste. (Like a small one for the bathroom so no wait for shower or hand was. Then the rest of the house on the main tank)

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I didn't read all the responses, but I was a guest during a similar very dry spell in Conn. one year. I was asked to follow a procedure with flushing toilets and dealing with water which I happily did. Now, if you have a bathtub in this bathroom why not put a pail under that faucet and ask them to run that faucet in the pail till the hot water came and then the hot water would be in the sink to wash their hands. If they use the toilet, they can flush it with the water collected in the bathroom pail.
My friend did it because her well was running low on water. If this is to save a few dollars, I would pass. But, people like to be helpful, they may not mind. Does your SO?

Annette

Q

Queenie60

I would not mention this to them - especially because they’re there to visit their son who’s health is declining. You can purchase and install a recirculating pump that will provide instant hot water to your faucets. I have this in my home.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll just bring up the fact that in long term relationships when one partner becomes ill it's not unusual for the other to suffer mental and physical discomfort due to stress. You really want to keep stress to a minimum, so its best to let issues like this slide by. So, though I applaud your conservation methods I'd encourage you not to go there with your spouse's family. Take care.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not mention this to them - especially because they’re there to visit their son who’s health is declining. You can purchase and install a recirculating pump that will provide instant hot water to your faucets. I have this in my home.

We have a pump but my DH does not like to waste power pumping hot water all day when basically no one is using it so he put a timer on it that
we have to flip on when we want to take a shower or use hot water in the kitchen. It was annoying at first but now I use to it.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others, its commendable conservation efforts but in this situation - its better to be a more gracious host and let it slide. My in-laws are similar and sometimes their "cheapness" is honestly false economy and just drives me batty.... :wall:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results