shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I keep these 14K WG hoops? Opinions, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I ordered (and have received) these earrings from Overstock.com:

http://www.overstock.com/?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1652956

and I dunno... I''m just not sure about them. They are SO light (read: hollow)... both of them together don''t weigh as much as a flea... which is good, I guess, for ears! BUT (maybe they don''t LOOK "cheap"... but...) they sure do *feel* "cheap"! So I need you guys'' opinions.

What do you think of them? Do you know of any better deals out there for similar earrings? These were $44.95 plus $2.95 S/H (which I won''t get back) PLUS Overstock.com charges a $4.95 "restocking fee" on all returns.
38.gif
So if I return them, I will have spent almost $8 (not considering my return postage
14.gif
) for NOTHING! Ack. (The perils of mail-order, I guess!)

I have a few photos to include... and then let me know what you think... deal or no deal???!
2.gif

Thanks!

WGHoops1.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Photo number 2...

WGHoops2.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I do like the "squared off" sides... although that isn''t "necessary" for me. If someone knows of a better deal out there, with rounded sides, that''s OK!

WGHoops3.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Size...

WGHoops4.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
One more for size and scale...

WGHoops5.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
The "hardware"...

WGHoops6.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Last photo... ear shot. Please forgive the odd "angle"... I was taking the photo myself in the bathroom mirror, and I am apparently too STOOOOOPID to know how to rotate it in Photoshop! So, just turn your monitors, please!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Thanks!

WGHoops7.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I actually like them a lot. I don''t see any problem with them just from looking. Do you like the way the look on you or are you unsure about that, too?

*M*

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
They look nice, but a little overpriced if they''re as light as you say. My friend found very similar ones for her sister at Pasadena Ross for $29.99, and those were pretty nice and solid, but not heavy enough to droop your lobes. Do you have a Ross, Marshall''s, or TJ Max near by?

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Keep them, after shipping expenses it''s a waste to return. They are super cute!

And remember that online shopping is often this way, pics can be misrepresenting and scale and weight confusing.

(coming from a true shopoholic who has to remind herself of this daily LOL)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they''re cute Lynn, I say keep em!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You cannot tell by looking that they are light or not. It is better for your ears that they not be heavy anyway. And I would not spend good money after bad returning them, they are nice and fine for the price, and great for travel etc. I would keep them.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with diamondfan. unless you really don''t like them, I''d just keep them. they are cute..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 6:13:02 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I agree with diamondfan. unless you really don''t like them, I''d just keep them. they are cute..
I agree. I think they are fun, and no one will know what the weight is. It''s almost not worth it to return them.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Funny how this thread comes along as i''m cleaning out my jewelry box. I found so many little things that I bought and never wore, and remember thinking i *might* wear it someday, or that i didn''t want to lose that return shipping and restocking cost. If you don''t think you''ll wear it, you might want to return it. better to lose $10 than have a pair of $50 earrings sitting there collecting dust.

However, if you know you''ll wear it, keep it!!
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone, for the candid opinions. I knew I could count on you! xoxoxo!

Honestly, I don''t think I''d have ordered them if I would have realized that Overstock charges a $4.95 restocking fee. My bad for not reading all the fine print!

I mostly hate how stinking LIGHT they are... geez, if I''m not careful with the phone to my ear, I could probably ding them.
8.gif
And honestly, I''m afraid they''re going to FLOAT while I''m wearing them!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

BUT, all things considered, I *think* I am leaning towards keeping them... I don''t have a Ross, TX Maxx or Marshalls near me... but even if I did find a nice $29.99 pair there, I will still have likely over $12 or so invested in these ones (all for nothing, if I return them) - which makes my "investment" in $29.99 earrings still over $42 or so... which is about what these ones cost.

New question... does anyone know of any similar WG oval-shaped hoops anywhere?

(Thanks again!)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I have a pair from Ross. the finish looks hammered or diamond-cut like. I''ll take some pictures during my hockey game intermission. :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rather like them...for $45, you can''t beat them!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Here are my oval hoops. I actually prefer them over the round ones because my ears dont stick out much, and the round hoops hit the side of my head (behind the ears), and they get in the way of my hair.

Oval Hoops.JPG

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Here''s how they look on:

Oval Hoops 2.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, Lynn, this is kind of a coincidence, but I''ve been looking at some small wg hoops, too. I wear a pair of 1" sterling hoops a lot, so I was thinking I''d like to find some nice wg ones. I think that price sounds good, and if you decide not to keep them, just use them as a gift for your daughter or somebody! I agree that the restocking fee does not sound worth it. I have found some that are a little more dressy and expensive that I like by Roberto Coin. They are from the woven gold collection...I think Diamondfan has some of the bracelets in that design. It is SO hard to buy jewelry without seeing it in person, though!!!

Dory

Rough_Rock
style="WIDTH: 105.12%; HEIGHT: 306px">Date: 3/11/2007 7:25:15 PM
Author: Lynn B
Thanks everyone, for the candid opinions. I knew I could count on you! xoxoxo!

Honestly, I don''t think I''d have ordered them if I would have realized that Overstock charges a $4.95 restocking fee. My bad for not reading all the fine print!

I mostly hate how stinking LIGHT they are... geez, if I''m not careful with the phone to my ear, I could probably ding them.
8.gif
And honestly, I''m afraid they''re going to FLOAT while I''m wearing them!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

BUT, all things considered, I *think* I am leaning towards keeping them... I don''t have a Ross, TX Maxx or Marshalls near me... but even if I did find a nice $29.99 pair there, I will still have likely over $12 or so invested in these ones (all for nothing, if I return them) - which makes my ''investment'' in $29.99 earrings still over $42 or so... which is about what these ones cost.

New question... does anyone know of any similar WG oval-shaped hoops anywhere?

(Thanks again!)
For some great oval-shaped WG hoops, look on QVC.com, item # J07237. I have those, and they are very well-made, and a perfect size! I have them in both WG and YG, and love them.
Eternagold also guarantees their products and will fix them if somthing happens. I have several pieces, and have never had a problem. Very Satisfied...Great Craftsmanship! (If you get them and don''t like, QVC will refund the total cost, all you will be out is what it costs to ship it back to them... insured...less than $2!)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 10:50:35 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Hey, Lynn, this is kind of a coincidence, but I''ve been looking at some small wg hoops, too. I wear a pair of 1'' sterling hoops a lot, so I was thinking I''d like to find some nice wg ones. I think that price sounds good, and if you decide not to keep them, just use them as a gift for your daughter or somebody! I agree that the restocking fee does not sound worth it. I have found some that are a little more dressy and expensive that I like by Roberto Coin. They are from the woven gold collection...I think Diamondfan has some of the bracelets in that design. It is SO hard to buy jewelry without seeing it in person, though!!!

I do, and just bought some of the earrings too, in the hoops in the woven silk collection...I got yellow gold and white gold thin small hoops, and then the yellow gold thicker hoops. I may get the white ones as well. There are different diameters and thicknesses, my first two pairs, from a website, were 220.00 each, no shipping or tax since I live out of state, and they are nice, very thin, but pretty. The other yellow gold pair is not a huge circumference but is thicker. His gold work is lovely, I just got two new bracelets from his silkweave collection, and I just cannot get over how the gold looks.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like them and the price is definitely right. I really don''t see anything wrong with them.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you need earings that make saggy holes to make you feel better about them? Will others look at your ears and say, oh, her earlobe holes don''t look huge, those must be cheap?

LOL just keep them - they''re cute AND they''ll be comfortable!!!! cheap shmeap.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I think they''re cute. Perhaps a bit high priced, but with the money lost on returns it just makes more sense to keep them, at least in my mind.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 12:42:27 AM
Author: diamondfan

I do, and just bought some of the earrings too, in the hoops in the woven silk collection...I got yellow gold and white gold thin small hoops, and then the yellow gold thicker hoops. I may get the white ones as well. There are different diameters and thicknesses, my first two pairs, from a website, were 220.00 each, no shipping or tax since I live out of state, and they are nice, very thin, but pretty. The other yellow gold pair is not a huge circumference but is thicker. His gold work is lovely, I just got two new bracelets from his silkweave collection, and I just cannot get over how the gold looks.
OOOH DF! These RC ones sound gorgeous! Can anyone post a picture, please please pretty please?! I did a search and came up with a big fat NUTHIN''!!! I need to SEE these beauties!

Dory,
Those QVC ones look BEAUTIFUL! Definitely tempting. I am really LOVING the oval shape more and more. THANK YOU for the information. I tend to forget about QVC, even though my neice is The QVC Queen, and she has some of the GREATEST stuff! (Side question... will QVC even refund original S/H if you return an item?!)

FK,
Lovely earrings, gorgeous size! Thanks for sharing! They look great on you. I''m not crazy about the "diamond-cut" look on me, though... although I ADORE hammered stuff. Anyone know of any WG hammered oval hoops??!

Thanks all, for the opinions. I''m really not loving these Overstock earrings (wishing they were OVALS!
20.gif
1.gif
) but I just HATE the thoughts of the lost $$$ by returning them... so I guess I''ll keep them by default. Although if I get some killer oval ones, I''ll likely never wear them. *sigh!*

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Keep them :) I have a pair almost just like them (bought them at Sam''s). LOVE THEM... GREAT For everyday :) WOOOOO

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, DS, you are SUCH a sweetheart!!! OH YUM! Those RC earrings are gorgeous! They take everyday hoops to a whole new level!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Woobug, I guess I am keeping them, just because of the blasted return fees. BUT, I am seriously considering those oval hoops from QVC! Who knew?!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results