shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I give notice?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such great news Pinto!!! So happy for you and so pleased you are out of that toxic environment. :appl: Wishing you all the best with your new job and bright future!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
EXCELLENT! It really seems like the stars were aligned for you. Amazing how that happens! :appl:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a wonderful ending to your story-- a great new beginning. :) Now you can work in your rings with your fabulous bags around you and you won't have anyone asking any inappropriate questions or giving comments, hah. Congrats on the new job and taking care of yourself! My dh is a software engineer that works remotely, and he loves it. When he goes into the office for any reason, he always comments on how nice it is to work from home.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had to add a post script - 2 months after I left the company (September 2013), that witch-boss was let go. Re-reading the posts, I now understand why the President/CEO made the comment that he didn't get why I would want to leave because his philosophy was that bad bosses eventually get booted so you should stick it out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This was such a difficult time in my life, and I love having this thread as a reminder of all the support I had received from team PS! :love:

What is really, really sick is that I later found out that rather than taking responsibility for the hostile situation management created, they decided to re-write history and blame an outsider. This is what happened...

Last fall, this former employer called me in to interview for the same position that my witch-boss had held - director of two functions. It was really a fishing expedition. They wanted to know if I knew how another company's product worked (the company I worked at after leaving the sh!t show). That is just WRONG, period :nono: . I feigned ignorance and said I only knew the product from the standpoint of a project manager, and that the product is very complicated - one subject matter expert trained under the senior guy for 3 years before the senior guy retired, and he STILL doesn't know everything. They made a point of saying i didn't have certain experience. Well, gee, you all previewed my resume prior to calling me in, so why waste my time? Then the COO came in and first he pretended to be surprised to see me, "Why Hello Stranger!" :roll: Then he "tactfully" says to me,
"so the last time you were here, you got some "ideas" from a woman's group you joined."
Me: What?
COO: A regional group - does that ring a bell?
Me: No... Oh, are you talking about the mentoring program you guys nominated me for, and the mentor I was assigned to?
COO: Yes - that's right! So you ended up with some ideas and left the company!
:shock: W...T...F...

So, I put two and two together. I was just a dumb girl, who met this svengali of a woman mentor, and she put IDEAS in my head that made me unhappy and dissatisfied with my situation at that cray cray company and that's what prompted me to LEAVE!

i was embarrassed that I actually went to the interview, and so was my HR friend because we both thought I was truly a good fit and there had been a re-org in HR so we were hoping that this was part of the changing tide. Nope. My HR friend was then let go and they needed 5 people to do her job...

So other than this icky event, everything has been much much better, professionally. :appl: :appl: :appl: Thank you again, PS for your care and support!!!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result. It sounds like your old company was stupid from the top down. Congrats on finding a much nicer and "smarter" company to work for!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results