Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profile?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
4,086
Victor sent me a mock-up photo of the ring style with Pave on the basket. Should I?
 

Attachments

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
2,047
Re: Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profil

what's the cost difference? if not that big then go for it~ :bigsmile:
 

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
9,667
Re: Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profil

I vote yes!
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,806
Re: Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profil

Sure! I want to see the face-up shot to see what is on the cathedral sides!
 

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
24,364
Re: Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profil

I don't think I would. I am not a pave fan. I also think it will contrast a little starkly with the French Cuts, might look a little out of place or unfinished being only in that one spot (on each side).
 

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
4,086
Re: Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profil

Dreamer_D|1305131458|2918603 said:
I don't think I would. I am not a pave fan. I also think it will contrast a little starkly with the French Cuts, might look a little out of place or unfinished being only in that one spot (on each side).
That's what I am thinking as well.
 

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,166
Re: Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profil

bright ice|1305131621|2918609 said:
Dreamer_D|1305131458|2918603 said:
I don't think I would. I am not a pave fan. I also think it will contrast a little starkly with the French Cuts, might look a little out of place or unfinished being only in that one spot (on each side).
That's what I am thinking as well.
Me, three. I feel like the pave might seem a bit out of place.
GORGEOUS RING!
 

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Mar 15, 2011
Messages
544
Re: Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profil

I don't think it goes with the rest of the ring. If you were doing pave on the sides, sure, but not with the french cuts. Just my opinion. It is going to be beautiful!
 

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
19,132
Re: Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profil

I'd don't think I'd do it either with the french cuts.
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
12,482
Re: Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profil

No, me either. Ordinarily I would consider doing it but it would detract from the style of this ring I think - those french cuts are so pretty and I wouldn't want to take anything away from them!

How soon do you think your ring will be finished?
 

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
4,086
Re: Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profil

MissGotRocks|1305160973|2919175 said:
No, me either. Ordinarily I would consider doing it but it would detract from the style of this ring I think - those french cuts are so pretty and I wouldn't want to take anything away from them!

How soon do you think your ring will be finished?
Thanks everyone!!

Victor says 2 weeks if not sooner. He just got my ring yesterday to remove the center stone. He had to wait on cutting the French cuts to make sure they were going to match in color.

I will post photos when I get it!

What about engraving?
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,806
Re: Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profil

Well, I am just now seeing that it will have the french cuts :love: , so I agree about not having pave with rounds on the basket! That is going to be a gorgeous ring!
 

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
4,086
Re: Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profil

diamondseeker2006|1305162569|2919211 said:
Well, I am just now seeing that it will have the french cuts :love: , so I agree about not having pave with rounds on the basket! That is going to be a gorgeous ring!
Thanks Diamondseeker. It's going to be a long 2 weeks.
 

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
12,504
Re: Should I add Pave for a little detail on the side profil

hmm, I'm not sure, I might and i would trust Victor ::) to tell me if he didn't think it would look good. How exciting! can't wait to see yay!
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top