shape
carat
color
clarity

Shopping for the Mrs...40th B-day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

4themrs

Rough_Rock
I am looking to get a 40th b-day ring for my wife, I posted before about doing a surprise and got some great feedback.
I am talking with some of her friends about suggestions and how I want to surprise her.
from my limited time I wanted to find out Pros and cons about going online and researching online and then do you think that the local jeweler would honor the online price?

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
No harm in asking, but they are not obligated and may not have the buying power to offer a competitive price.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Also make sure that you are comparing apples to apples. Local jewelers often do not have as large an inventory particularly in ideal cut diamonds. If you can find a comparable diamond there I would personally be willing to pay a little bit more just for the convenience and being able to see it in person. Good luck with your search!

4themrs

Rough_Rock
That makes sense and figured there would be no harm.
I was also thinking that as Sundial said, that if I compare apples to apples then maybe I could get a break, I was thinking like comparing Jared''s to Kay''s(since they are both in the shopping center by me.

Also, do you think that the competitive price match works better comparing "apples to apples" with online stores and the criteria to max out cost.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure how much negotiating on price any of these jewelers will do, but can''t hurt to ask. The more comparison shopping you do the better informed you will be as a buyer. Study the tutorials on this website so you know ahead of time what qualities you are looking for in a diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results