shape
carat
color
clarity

shopping for Chubb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Askani

Rough_Rock
glitterata, can you provide me with the contact info for your Chubb agent in NYC? Thank you.

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
Helix,

I live in Los Angeles and found a Chubb agent located in Santa Monica. I got lucky, I had heard you had to call agent after agent to find one to do a standalone policy...they were the second one I called. They''ve been very helpful and professional and I highly recommend them. Here is the info:

JAMES P. BENNETT & CO.
2716 OCEANPARK BL ST1045
SANTA MONICA, CA 90405
Phone: 310-450-9184
Fax: 310-452-7515

Good luck.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
ESGuy, thanks for posting this, because not only do I WORK on Ocean Park (looks about 2 blocks over, too!) but we''re looking for a CHUBB agent for when we get the ring. Thanks!

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
Amber, such a small world we live in, isn''t it? Ask for Tammy Crider when/if you call. She''s been great.

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
Also, just to give you an idea of what you might pay, I''m paying $264/year for $8500 worth of coverage. Unfortunately, LA County costs about $3 for every $100 of coverage.

forne

Rough_Rock
I am having similar problems trying to insure my $7K ring with a stand alone from Chubb. I got the run around about not having a homeowners policy and all that jazz
29.gif
. So I am still searching for an insurer in the Chicago area.... I''ll keep going down the list on the chubb website, but I am disenchanted with a company that has been supported so much by PS members.....
33.gif

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
My local Chubb Agent processed the paperwork and issued the insurance binder on the day I applied for coverage (i.e., the day my completed ring arrived), so that the ring would be insured when I drove to Massachusetts for the weekend.

I have no other insurance through Chubb ... still, there was no heavy sales pitch and we're very pleased with the coverage (and cash pay-out) that Chubb offers. The entire transaction was processed by phone, fax and mail - - it was so incredibly easy!

Since no in-person meeting was required, it seems that PS'ers are not limited to only those Chubb Agents in your geographic area ...

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2006 1:07:57 PM
Author: forne
I am having similar problems trying to insure my $7K ring with a stand alone from Chubb. I got the run around about not having a homeowners policy and all that jazz
29.gif
. So I am still searching for an insurer in the Chicago area.... I''ll keep going down the list on the chubb website, but I am disenchanted with a company that has been supported so much by PS members.....
33.gif
I too live in the Chicago suburbs and will be looking for this insurance (currently I have SF) once my ring gets reset. Only from this thread did I realize that my SF policy won''t give me what I''m looking for. If you find something in the area, can you post it? My ring won''t be done for a few weeks (the band has to be custom made) so after that is when I''ll begin my search. I did a few searches in my area and only came up with 3 agents and 2 of them are in Indiana
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results