shape
carat
color
clarity

Shopping for a diamond cross - can't decide which one to get

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everybody,

I saw this diamond cross a while ago on BlueNile.com and love the look of the step cuts stones but also like the classic Tiffany .50 ct. round diamond cross set in platinum. Two totally different looks but of course I can only buy one. I'd love to hear people's opinions on which one they would buy and why. Both crosses area about the same price retail.

BlueNileDiamondCross.jpg

Tiffany_cross.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Re: Shopping for a diamond cross - can't decide which one to

I love the step cuts too but the bail just seems huge in relationship to the rest of the cross. The tiffany looks nice. There are a bunch of them to be found on ebay too in the $1400 range. I'm a fan of their designs but not the mark up for the name.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock

hmm, a tough choice as both are beautiful, but I like the Tiffany one better.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock

i like the Tiffany style better because i like a more traditional look and its a little bigger and brilliant.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

I vote the Tiffany one too. It is really pretty IRL too, even though you pay for the brand.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

I have the Tiffany cross and it is one of my favorite peices. Simple, classic. Elegant. Sparkles like MAD!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like them both, and do not want to presume to decide for you, but I love the shape of the first cross. I spent a lot of time looking for a cross that was built like the Tiffany or Roberto Coin cross (which I gave my niece for her college graduation), but which had the more square dimensions of the first cross. Have you looked at our thread on crosses? There is one I remember loving that seemed to combine elements of the two crosses. (But perhaps you don't want other ideas!)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/crosses.108913/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/crosses.108913/[/URL]

Deb/AGBF
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This was the cross that got and kept my attention! It is designed by Charles Green. As you can see, it is shaped a bit like the Blue Nile cross, but is made of individual stones as the Tiffany cross is. I absolutely fell in love with it!

Deb/AGBF

AGBFCharlesGreenCross.jpg

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks everybody for your input. AGBF, I do love that Charles Green cross. I have actually been looking for several years, but I keep coming back to the two I've posted for whatever reason. I agree that the Tiffany cross sparkles like crazy and I will definitely look at Ebay to get one at a discount. The BlueNile cross I'm attracted to because I love baguettes but with my wedding set having baguette side stones, it could be too much of a good thing.

Kelpie, I really had not noticed the bail on the BlueNIle cross, but now that you mention it, it does look a little out of proportion to the cross itself, so thanks for pointing that out!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NeverEndingUpgrade|1311544585|2975953 said:
I agree that the Tiffany cross sparkles like crazy and I will definitely look at Ebay to get one at a discount. The BlueNile cross I'm attracted to because I love baguettes but with my wedding set having baguette side stones, it could be too much of a good thing.

If you are going with the Tiffany cross, please keep us apprised of your progress in finding one! Getting one at below retail will be a lovely coup!!! (I bought my niece's Roberto Coin cross retail at Tiffany's. Ouch! I wish I had used a Pricescope discount with someone!)

Hugs,
Deb

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock

by Salvatore Guzzo
Product Details
Code: MIDCW25159
Designer: Salvatore Guzzo
Origin: Italy
Min. Width: 30.00mm
Length: 55.00mm
ReSizable: No

Precious Metals Weights
14K Gold: 7.00g

Return Policy
Custom Made

Shipping Information
Ships in: 1 - 3 business days
$ 439.00

MIDCW25159.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock

OK, Kelpie, you win!!! I agreed with you that the SingleStone cross is the most beautiful cross EVER so...... I bought it!!! What did you say your finder's fee was? LOL

Not surprisingly, when I went to save a copy of the photo to post here, I discovered that I had already saved that image a long time ago. I probably saw it when it was full price, and forgot about it because I couldn't afford it. I have my PS friend Kelpie to thank for bringing it to my attention before someone else snagged it. Also, thanks to everyone else for weighing in on my cross-shopping. You guys always bring helpful insight into everything!

Cross_VAR16.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

NeverEndingUpgrade|1311724719|2977483 said:
OK, Kelpie, you win!!! I agreed with you that the SingleStone cross is the most beautiful cross EVER so...... I bought it!!! What did you say your finder's fee was? LOL

Not surprisingly, when I went to save a copy of the photo to post here, I discovered that I had already saved that image a long time ago. I probably saw it when it was full price, and forgot about it because I couldn't afford it. I have my PS friend Kelpie to thank for bringing it to my attention before someone else snagged it. Also, thanks to everyone else for weighing in on my cross-shopping. You guys always bring helpful insight into everything!

Hot damn, I'm not a fan of crosses but I'd wear that one in a heartbeat. Please post neck shots...it really is the most gorgeous cross necklace I've ever seen! Congrats and wear it in good health!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OK, NeverEndingUpgrade-

Congratulations and wear it in good health! Now, please, add it to the thread on crosses! (See link below.)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/crosses.108913/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/crosses.108913/[/URL]

You can add it even before it arrives and you add the neck shots to this thread! OK? It is magnificent and reminds me a bit of an exquisite Jude Frances cross Holly posted to the crosses thread a long time ago.

Deb/AGBF

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

I like the BN one. It's very unique, whereas I think the Tiffany one is much less so so it'll stand out less. Also love the step cuts!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

I'm so happy you got that cross! It is ridiculously beautiful. How funny that you had already saved it; it was clearly meant to be! A zillion pictures is my finder's fee. :naughty:

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock

Kelpie, OK, your finder's fee will be on its way once I get the cross around my neck and give my son the camera!

AGBF, the photo is now posted on the "Crosses" thread. There are some really gorgeous crosses in there, wish I could afford more than one! :devil: (Is it appropriate to put a devil emoticon into a post about a cross? - I guess it symbolizes Temptation! - LOL)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

NEU - That cross is truly gorgeous and so unique! Congrats and enjoy it!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Dragonfly!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NeverEndingUpgrade|1311809663|2978384 said:
AGBF, the photo is now posted on the "Crosses" thread.

I couldn't help but notice!

NeverEndingUpgrade|1311809663|2978384 said:
There are some really gorgeous crosses in there, wish I could afford more than one! :devil: (Is it appropriate to put a devil emoticon into a post about a cross? - I guess it symbolizes Temptation! - LOL)

In my opinion, absolutely!

Deb
:saint:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results