shape
carat
color
clarity

Shop your jewelry closet!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Many of us are always lusting after new bling, thinking of new projects etc. I thought it would be fun to do the “shop your closet” technique but with jewelry. So post some things that maybe you haven’t worn in a while! I will start by posting some gold pieces that I adore and it’s also a shout out to the Etsy shop “Rethink Gold”. They do amazing work.

Rose gold orchid ring with tourmaline - she has a white gold piece like this but I asked for rose and it’s lovely - like a sculpture on your finger!
A04B857B-8123-4684-96C5-FEBA4A0F3E3A.jpeg

After getting this and being so pleased I got her to do a custom piece for me with blue topaz.

FCCEF2E4-02C9-4BFB-9048-7B0D3C556032.jpeg
lastly some gold leaf earrings!
ACCA17A2-73B8-4F10-978B-3E2F39FFA933.jpeg So let’s see what you guys might have!!!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Many of us are always lusting after new bling, thinking of new projects etc. I thought it would be fun to do the “shop your closet” technique but with jewelry. So post some things that maybe you haven’t worn in a while! I will start by posting some gold pieces that I adore and it’s also a shout out to the Etsy shop “Rethink Gold”. They do amazing work.

Rose gold orchid ring with tourmaline - she has a white gold piece like this but I asked for rose and it’s lovely - like a sculpture on your finger!
A04B857B-8123-4684-96C5-FEBA4A0F3E3A.jpeg

After getting this and being so pleased I got her to do a custom piece for me with blue topaz.

FCCEF2E4-02C9-4BFB-9048-7B0D3C556032.jpeg
lastly some gold leaf earrings!
ACCA17A2-73B8-4F10-978B-3E2F39FFA933.jpeg So let’s see what you guys might have!!!

Omg for a second I thought that the leaf earrings were a between-the-finger (or would this be a cuff? Not sure of the terminology) ring and I was all MIND. BLOWN.

They are beautiful earrings, but if you ever wanted to put a ring shank on them....WHOA.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Omg for a second I thought that the leaf earrings were a between-the-finger (or would this be a cuff? Not sure of the terminology) ring and I was all MIND. BLOWN.

They are beautiful earrings, but if you ever wanted to put a ring shank on them....WHOA.

It is funny you mention that, because the reason I positioned them on my finger that way is that my next project for them - I'm going to ask them to do a bypass ring like this and I was too lazy to take another photo for this thread. I'm also realizing the irony of this with the "shop your closet" lol - because it' has inspired me to have another piece! :)

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I really like the earrings!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a great idea!! I’ve got so much I don’t wear bc I inherited my mom’s large collection. It’s all at the bank. One of these days I should get a big cup of coffee and go over and photograph it.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It is funny you mention that, because the reason I positioned them on my finger that way is that my next project for them - I'm going to ask them to do a bypass ring like this :)
This is a great idea!! I’ve got so much I don’t wear bc I inherited my mom’s large collection. It’s all at the bank. One of these days I should get a big cup of coffee and go over and photograph it.

Oh gosh yes!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
lets bump this while i deside what to show and tell

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW such beautiful pieces!!! I love how unique they are. Gorgeous collection. I am so excited to have these earrings as my very own! Yay!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rarely wear this set anymore which is sad because I love blue zircons and hubby had them custom made. I seem to gravitate more towards my opals when need this color. I really need to dig them out more often.

cmsbluezirconpendant05.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I rarely wear this set anymore which is sad because I love blue zircons and hubby had them custom made. I seem to gravitate more towards my opals when need this color. I really need to dig them out more often.

Those are gorgeous!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gorgouse !
They definatly need to come out more
(After covid) I'd be thinking up places to go just for an excuse to wear them !

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom - those are splendid! I love the color. Reminds of a a gorgeous pool.

@Mreader - yours are really nice pieces. I am drawn to the workmanship of the rings and the unique designs.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgouse !
They definatly need to come out more
(After covid) I'd be thinking up places to go just for an excuse to wear them !
Thank you! I really do need to wear them more.

@Catmom - those are splendid! I love the color. Reminds of a a gorgeous pool.

@Mreader - yours are really nice pieces. I am drawn to the workmanship of the rings and the unique designs.

Thanks! That's why I love the color of blue zircons. I need to get my blue zircon studs made into dangly earrings and maybe that will force me to wear these more.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gasp! Oh I sure hope this post inspires you to wear them more often. If not, I know someone who will! ;)2:D

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
9CB51725-8B30-4BAA-A173-D5EFA1A5D106.jpeg
My recycling project! The ring was my wedding gift, bought in St. Thomas in 1989. More sentimental value than monetary value. The earrings were a later birthday gift that I rarely wore. I didn’t wear the ring much either because the prongs were hitting my other fingers. When I was researching my engagement ring reset, I found a sapphire and diamond dangle necklace that inspired this redo! The flipping does bother me a little but I will get over it.

Attachments

• D01BD299-CEB3-4837-B804-B82CAF4695D3.jpeg
    D01BD299-CEB3-4837-B804-B82CAF4695D3.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 29D076DD-A73C-43CA-9102-F8D6300D6478.jpeg
    29D076DD-A73C-43CA-9102-F8D6300D6478.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 46
9CB51725-8B30-4BAA-A173-D5EFA1A5D106.jpeg
My recycling project! The ring was my wedding gift, bought in St. Thomas in 1989. More sentimental value than monetary value. The earrings were a later birthday gift that I rarely wore. I didn’t wear the ring much either because the prongs were hitting my other fingers. When I was researching my engagement ring reset, I found a sapphire and diamond dangle necklace that inspired this redo! The flipping does bother me a little but I will get over it.

Wow, what a great way to reset stones you had already into something more wearable for you!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Ooo do you mind linking it if you ever find it? Thanks in advance!

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I missed that! I’ve done several recycling projects over the past 2 years.

Many thanks!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have diamond huggies :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
I completly forgot:doh:
Ok they are from the mall jewler:wall:
So what !:lol:
No one out there cares :lol:
Never worn:naughty:
3 years old.
Paired with some 18k earings Gary bought me :kiss2:(i choose- he gave me a cheque) many years ago when i worked in Wellington
20210323_151936.jpg our bathroom has better light in the morning
Anyway most importantly i wore them today:appl::appl::appl:
i got them into the holes and they didn't hurt:appl::appl::appl:
i was going to wear some diamond studs (also 3 years old and never worn) that did sparkle like crazy in the sun coming through the window this morning but i found the dexterity of screw backs a bit beyound me:doh::(2:wall:

I guess i just need practice- ive never had screw backs before

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Have you been wearing them more since you posted this?
they are way too beautiful to be unworn

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results