shape
carat
color
clarity

Sholdt semi-bezel with WF 1.5 ACA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Wow - your setting really showcases the center stone. Gosh, I just love it!!!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
You''re very welcome, Kelly. Looking forward to seeing what you decide on for your wedding band. Maybe it''ll help me!
2.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! I love the setting, it looks so pretty on your hand!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, I love it!. Your puppies are soooo cute!

starburst

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It is beautiful! congratulations!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! I want that setting when I upgrade for the last time! It looks huge on your finger btw!

PortlandKelly

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 5:05:15 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

That''s interesting.. I wonder why they said that about palladium? I''m not a platinum lover, so hm, I guess I''ll have to go with white gold. (Ah, darn, huh?) lol I''ll be interested to see what bands you match it up with.. make sure you take pictures!!! :)

Does the band taper down to 3mm?

Sholdt said something about palladium being too brittle for a bezel(?). I just measured the backside of the band and it appears to be somewhere between 2.5-3mm. I had to eyeball it with a ruler.

I''ll be back later with a wedding band, but my next projects will be a bezel pendent necklace and some bezel drop earrings.
31.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
This setting is sleek, sophisticated and beautiful. It''s a work of art!

Love it! Wear it in the best of health!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous clean, modern setting. Gorgeous choice..
36.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and the setting looks great on you!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Your ACA really shines in that clean, modern setting.

blondie

Shiny_Rock
LOVE it! Mine is a sholdt-inspired semi bezel (I live in the UK, so had my jeweller make one in platinum, it''s slightly chunkier than the Sholdt, but v. similar...I pair mine with an etoile-esque band, slightly thinner at 3mm than the Tiffany original...currently purchasing the Jazz band to sit in-between
31.gif
I can post pics of the ring with the band to give you an idea if you like. Many congrats again, it is stunning and looks fabulous!!!!!!!!
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Such a fluid, gorgeous, classic, amazingly beautiful setting!
36.gif

Date: 10/11/2009 5:05:15 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 10/11/2009 11:32:34 AM
Author: PortlandKelly
SanDiegoLady- I fell in love with this setting 2 years ago... your dream ring will come true too!! I wanted palladium, but Sholdt said that this style of setting (bezel) isn't a good choice for that metal. I was afraid of the platinum weight, but it isn't heavy at all!

I'm not sure which wedding band I'll choose. I may just go with the matching Sholdt wedding band. Maybe the Tiffany bizet? Elle mentioned that finding a matching band can be tricky because the diamond protrudes out the sides. So I will just have to shop and shop and shop....
25.gif

Forgot a picture! 'Show us your backsides' was one of my favorite threads so here's mine. This ring doesn't spin on my finger like my old ring did. I think it's because the band is thicker??
That's interesting.. I wonder why they said that about palladium? I'm not a platinum lover, so hm, I guess I'll have to go with white gold. (Ah, darn, huh?) lol I'll be interested to see what bands you match it up with.. make sure you take pictures!!! :)

Does the band taper down to 3mm?
SDL - I've got palladium, and pretty much the only thing I don't like about it is the way it shows nicks and scratches. The palladium can't be smoothed out the way that platinum can, or polished and rhodiumed like WG. I've got some nickage in my solitaire that drives me nuts, although it's not too bad (knife edge minimizes it too). I can't imagine how battered a more substantial setting like that scholdt would get with palladium!
39.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! I love it and it looks fantastic on you. That''s one of my favorite settings as well! Congratulations!

PortlandKelly

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 9:11:17 AM
Author: blondie
LOVE it! Mine is a sholdt-inspired semi bezel (I live in the UK, so had my jeweller make one in platinum, it''s slightly chunkier than the Sholdt, but v. similar...I pair mine with an etoile-esque band, slightly thinner at 3mm than the Tiffany original...currently purchasing the Jazz band to sit in-between
31.gif
I can post pics of the ring with the band to give you an idea if you like. Many congrats again, it is stunning and looks fabulous!!!!!!!!
30.gif
Blondie, please post a picture!!
21.gif
I''d love to see what you selected.

blondie

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my ER...

bea.jpg

blondie

Shiny_Rock
and the two together. Note the chunkier bezel, however I think this combo would be fabulous with your Sholdt!
30.gif

sfesfsfs.jpg

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
How pretty, I like that its delicate while still being very substancial on your finger.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is simply beautiful. It is a sleek, modern setting that showcases your diamond
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! Loooks fab!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results