shape
carat
color
clarity

Sholdt reset!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueauratus

Rough_Rock
Hello all! First let me say that I have been lurking around pricescope for some 4 years now.. holy smokes! lol. I love this forum and live vicariously through you all and your diamond purchases
emembarrassed.gif
. I am somewhat embarassed that I do not post much but with the amount of reading and oogling to do here along with having two small children, by the time I am ready to start replying and commenting.... someone needs my attention or I need to be sleeping! Anyhoo, I am now working third shift so I will actually have some time to respond now!

I have been wanting a new setting for some time. The origional was a cheap setting purchased with the intention of upgrading it someday and finally that day has come! I was in love with the origional at first (x prong) but after the excitement died down all I could see was the fat uneven prongs, the smooshed gallery and the yellowing of the white gold and I felt the cross bar/basket(kwim?) blocked so much of the stone. So I have looked and dreamed and looked some more. I love the super tiny bands that make the stone really pop but I actually really like when the rings dont sit flush! I haven't been able to try any on though... I love the halos but not for everyday wear for me... I do really like the over all origonal style but maybe I wanted more bling? I tried on and loved this Michael Bondanza from the Sculptural Madison Collection(pic) that seemed to combine the two but not crazy about the price.. I finally figured out what I really wanted and what my style was and starting looking for a solitaire where the shank is wider at the stone and narrows, that flows right up to the diamond on the sides, 4 prongs and an open gallery so you have that amazing view of the diamond. Finally thanks to Pricescope I came onto Sholdt settings! Luckily a local jeweler carries them and I got to see and try on several of their pieces including the georgous half bezel! I would love a beautiful gemstone in that setting someday...
emotion-14.gif
The settings are much smaller, for the lack of a better word, in person than in the pics I've seen on here and online in general.
Anyway, I found it and it is everything that I wanted and more! It is delicate yet substantial if that makes sense?! It feels fluid and graceful and the price was amazingly reasonable. My next dilema was palladium or platinum and I decided to try palladium. It was about $300 difference between the two and I am the type of person who doesnt like to pay for something she cant see so as long as the metal doesnt yellow then I am a happy girl!
I also thought about upgrading the stone at the same time but it was purchased at a place with no upgrade policy so I would have to sell it independantly or go thru JA or something and the amount that I would have to put toward an upgrade would not give me that big of a visual difference. Besides I am hoping for a OEC with in the next year or two..
31.gif
As it is, in my area it's a pretty good size already (though I am thinking I could totally pull off a 1.25-1.5, ah someday) and larger than most of my friends at .73cts. So it's been sent off and hopefully in three weeks I will have it and post tons of pics!! Sorry this is so long winded!!

mbondanza.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi blue, I adore this setting. Great choice!

As for changing the prongs, I take it, it is a local jeweler who would be working on them? While I love claws, I would only do it if you know the jeweler is capable of pulling them off (and most aren''t). Otherwise, I think it could end up being a headache. Just a thought!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful! I love the simplicity of it and the fluid lines.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 8:33:48 AM
Author: Ellen
Hi blue, I adore this setting. Great choice!

As for changing the prongs, I take it, it is a local jeweler who would be working on them? While I love claws, I would only do it if you know the jeweler is capable of pulling them off (and most aren''t). Otherwise, I think it could end up being a headache. Just a thought!

Ditto on the claws! Love this setting!

amazinglywonderful

Rough_Rock
That Sholdt setting is so pretty! I love it.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
HUBBA HUBBA! I Love it! It has a soft/ sensual/ super feminine feel to it! ( I know that sounds corny but that''s the feeling I get from it, lol)

~SL.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a gorgeous setting!!!
30.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love the setting and welcome to pricescope
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting, very nice
31.gif
!
As for the claws...I love them, and I think that they would compliment that setting beautifully, but only if they are done right.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I love this setting!! I almost went with this setting but decided on a Scott Kay solitaire. PLEASE post pictures once it arrives! Congrats!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome! And I LOVEEEEEE that setting. One of my faves! Re: claws ... personally only think they work well on stones over 2cts even when flawlessly executed. On a larger stone, they look delicate ... on a .75ish ... its gonna kinda look like double the prong. Cover more of the stone. Distract from the overall fluid amazing look of that particular setting. JMHO.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, fluid, and graceful. You can''t go wrong with that stunning setting!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting! It''s sleek and classy!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 1:54:41 PM
Author: decodelighted
Welcome! And I LOVEEEEEE that setting. One of my faves! Re: claws ... personally only think they work well on stones over 2cts even when flawlessly executed. On a larger stone, they look delicate ... on a .75ish ... its gonna kinda look like double the prong. Cover more of the stone. Distract from the overall fluid amazing look of that particular setting. JMHO.
Deco beat me to this.

Normally I love claws, but that setting is just so fluid and liquid that I think the prongs look great as is. Everything is just oozy ooey gooey perfection.
1.gif

blueauratus

Rough_Rock
Ellen,Diamond*Dana and Coati- Thanks for the quick replys! My diamond is being sent to Sholdt to be set by them. They are making the setting specifically for my diamonds specs. I''ve attached a pic of the only setting I see that sholdt does with claws... what do you think?

Gayletmom,SanDiegoLady,amazinglywonderful,MMT,february2003bride,kcoursolle,Tuckins1- Thank you! I am so excited to get it on my finger! I havent been wearing my e-ring for many months since I was prego and it''s too small now that I am hanging on to 40 extra pounds between having my two kids in two years.
8.gif

Kaleigh- Thank you so much! Your ring is one of my absolute fav''s! I have it saved on my computer so I can look at it and lust over it daily!

SparklyLibra- Not corny at all! That''s exactly how I feel about it! It has much of the same style as my origional just so much better in every way!

Deco and TravelingGal- Thanks for your input and I have to say I think I agree... I am not sure that once I see the ring with the claw prongs it would look as I envisioned since I am used to seeing them on larger stones on PS. Part of PS syndrome I guess, lol.

sholdtclaws.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love sholdt designs.

I would definitely do claw prongs. And Congrats!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love this setting! Please come back and post photos when it is done.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 1:11:30 AM
Author: blueauratus

Ellen,Diamond*Dana and Coati- Thanks for the quick replys! My diamond is being sent to Sholdt to be set by them. They are making the setting specifically for my diamonds specs. I've attached a pic of the only setting I see that sholdt does with claws... what do you think?
Their claws are not quite as pointed as say Leon's, but they are not bad, and I actually think that would work better on this setting.

If they wouldn't mess with the base of the prong, which really is fluid as Tgal mentioned, I don't see anything wrong with just the tip changinging. Honestly, to me, most prongs are so tiny anyway, and pics aren't a good judge. My x-prong tips look massive in pics, but not in real life (and my Aqua/Leon claws look tinier than those in real life). I wouldn't really think the claws would be any bigger than what's on there now. I would think Sholdt would make them the right size for the stone, just like the regular ones. (and you could always ask for them to be as tiny as possible) If you like their claws, go for it!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
It''s really a beautiful choice!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful, sleek setting! It''ll look gorgeous. I hope you return to post pics once it''s set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results