shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoes...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pink and white girliness. Haven''t worn these either. But I do have a shirt that matches very very well.

DSCF5441.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Apparently I have more patterned shoes than I thought...

DSCF5337.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Nightwatch" Blue Jessica Simpsons, really comfortable, but I haven''t worn them either!!! (Although I have a dress that matches perfectly!!)

DSCF5386.JPG

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I have a question for you ladies, please.

I am used to wearing a 3" heel. Is 4" THAT big of a difference as far as walking comfortably??

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeweled shoes from Bakers that I got for a birthday. Totally funky, very cute, but OMG the least comfortable shoes I own.

IMG_0497.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 8:17:52 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I have a question for you ladies, please.

I am used to wearing a 3'' heel. Is 4'' THAT big of a difference as far as walking comfortably??
I think it depends on the heels. It also, I think, depends on the brand. I''ve posted a couple of 4 inchers that are more comfortable than some 3 inchers I have.

I would say though, if you''re used to wearing 3 inch heels, you should be fine with 4 inch heels-just slightly more off balance. (But they are heels, so that''s kind of a given!)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to start dinner so this will be the last one for now...

Fierce gunmetal gray (They are pretty metallic so I call them silver) pointy toes. Haven''t worn these either, they are pretty cheap and probably uncomfortable, but so hot...

Ok! Asparagus, here I come!!!

DSCF5504.JPG

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Freke.

I adore THESE and I was thinking of getting them to go with a little black and white dress (it''s linked on Selkie''s Opera thread if you want to see it.)

9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think those shoes are adorable!!!In silver? Because of the platform, they should be that much more comfortable!!!

Ok...really gotta do dinner...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I like the new additions, Freke! The Jessica Simpson patterned ones are especially awesome-I love the pattern and the heel.

And wow-you do not mess around with heels-you rock the high ones!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh-and I totally forgot a couple of my favorites shoes ever yesterday, so I have more to add! Here are my Jim Barnier gladiators-they''re super comfortable and I wear them a lot. People always sweat these for some reason-one time when I was walking in L.A. a car actually pulled over so they could ask me where they were from!

jimtop.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a side view...my leg looks very strange from this angle!

jimside.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
And I just got these little babies last week...I love seahorses! They''re by DV-Dolce Vita. (Lower price point than Dolce Vita.) I haven''t worn them yet-I''m still figuring out the best outfit for them.

seahorsesfront.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those Gladiators are awesome!!!My friend is dying for a pair-about how much $$ were they? She saw these high heeled ones in Vogue (I think?) and she hasn''t been the same since.

As for the seahorses (love them!) I think you can wear them with anything!

Steve Madden platforms. I swear they are NOT SLIPPERS. They have a hard sole, and cost way more than a pair of slippers should. But they are super comfy. I bought them in Manhattan at Macy''s almost 8 years ago (wow that makes me feel old) and then wore them later than night and some doorman complimented me on them.

IMG_1017.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think these are pretty sexy. Chinese Laundry. I haven''t worn these out either. (I am becoming more and more aware of my lack of places to wear hot shoes to. This needs to be remedied.)

DSCF5405.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite pair of shoes. Just because I spent about 72 hours seeking them (trips to Macy''s, searching the internet until early hours of the morning, dreaming about them, etc). I think I may have posted this before, but here is it again (at least it''s a different image!)

DSCF5133.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another one of my favorites. I got these shoes because they reminded me of my dad''s work shoes. He spends $$$$$ on his shoes and most of them have the same detail as these do. Of course, his are brown or black, while mine are burgundy and a cute wedge.

DSCF5390.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jessica Simpson strikes again!! It''s truly alarming how many pairs of shoes I have that are *hers* considering how much I hate the girl! Cute vintage throwback-these remind me of Lucille Ball for some reason.

Thing2, I don''t think you realized what you started...I feel like I''ve been uploading forever!

DSCF5345.JPG

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 9:29:09 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Jessica Simpson strikes again!! It's truly alarming how many pairs of shoes I have that are *hers* considering how much I hate the girl! Cute vintage throwback-these remind me of Lucille Ball for some reason.

Thing2, I don't think you realized what you started...I feel like I've been uploading forever!

Hahaha-I know-her shoes are really cute! We talked about carrying them in the store I work at, but we had a hard time with them being "Jessica Simpson"! The shoe rep was like "I know, I know-but trust me-they'll sell anyways!"

Sorry for getting you going-once I started I couldn't stop! And then I remembered I didn't show my fave gladiators and my seahorses!

The gladiators were $200 originally, but I think I got them for about $100-maybe less. It was a really good sale! I got them a few years ago and I haven't seen them since, though.

For other good flat gladiators, DV-Dolce Vita has a cute one called Daisy-11 right now. Sam Edelman has some cute ones right now called the Gilda in tons of colors. There are several colors on Piperlime. Jeffrey Campbell also has some good gladiators. The Roman Ex is good and so is the Emma. He also has some good high heel gladiators. Tell your friend to check out DavidZ.com for Jeffrey Campbells and DV-Dolce Vita and Lorisshoes.com for Jeffrey Campbells.

ETA that Nordstrom.com also has several good Jeffrey Campbells, and I think they have the heel gladiators, too!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG-I totally forget to mention your INSANE fur platforms! Those are amazing!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sent her a whole bunch of links to the gladiators. Thanks for those!!She was originally loving the Sam Edelmans in the orange-but her sister told her that the only people who can wear gladiators are tall skinny model types. Not 5'4 athletic types. Oy. I'm trying to talk her back into them.

Here are some purple satin pumps. I ended up wearing these on my birthday with a teal-ish colored shirt. Heh.

DSCF5432.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a bunch of old school shoes that I haven''t worn in a long time. I''m considering uploading those, but they are terribly outdated and goofy looking to me now...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like these! They used to by my go to black shoes, but now I don''t wear them.

IMG_1055.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um, these aren''t as old, but I never wear them because they hurt my feet. What sucks is that I have them in blue too!

DSCF5550.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The whole thong with a heel is just not comfy. But I seem to have plenty of them...
20.gif

DSCF5544.JPG

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 11:20:16 PM
I sent her a whole bunch of links to the gladiators. Thanks for those!!She was originally loving the Sam Edelmans in the orange-but her sister told her that the only people who can wear gladiators are tall skinny model types. Not 5'4 athletic types. Oy. I'm trying to talk her back into them.

Here are some purple satin pumps. I ended up wearing these on my birthday with a teal-ish colored shirt. Heh.

Those are gorgeous-the purple is to die for!

And tell your friend not to listen to her sister-she can TOTALLY wear them! I actually think they're very flattering on everyone-they kind of lengthen the leg because the straps continue down the ankle to the foot. And I love the Sam Edelmans in orange, too! I saw them in person in NYC and they were gorgeous.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
My old school shoes were Vans and Converse, pretty much exclusively. I was pretty much a total tomboy until I was about 20 or 21, and then I got into girlier clothes with a vengeance.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s what I said about the gladiators! I especially like these: Gladiator heels Probably because they are pretty similar to the original pair she fell in love with. I think they were Bottega Veneta and black and white (I think?!) with monster stilettos. I''m beginning to think that they were only used for the ad she saw, and not put into production, because I can''t find them anywhere...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 1:14:04 AM
That''s what I said about the gladiators! I especially like these: Gladiator heels Probably because they are pretty similar to the original pair she fell in love with. I think they were Bottega Veneta and black and white (I think?!) with monster stilettos. I''m beginning to think that they were only used for the ad she saw, and not put into production, because I can''t find them anywhere...

Yeah, tell your friend not to listen to her sister! Two shoe fanatics say she can wear them, so that means she can wear them! And those JC gladiator heels are insane! I''ve seen them in real life and they''re cute on.

I don''t think I''ve seen the Bottega Veneta ones but I bet they''re awesome. I think Chanel started the super high gladiator trend a few seasons ago...I loved the Chanel version. Mmm...those were scrumptious.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results