shape
carat
color
clarity

She’s here! My Sako x Megan Thorne solitaire

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
She’s finally here and I’m obsessed!!!! My 2.02 old mine from sako set in an 18k gold evergreen setting by Megan Thorne. I’ll post my story below if anyone cares to read it.

I purchased the stone about a year ago from Sako. I saw it featured it on his IG and I fell in love. It was everything I was looking for: wonky, deep, warm, crisp facet pattern and major Kozibe effect. The stone was originally 2.05 ct VS2 but he was kind enough to polish out some wear near the girdle that made me a bit nervous, so the resulting weight was 2.02 and possibly increased clarity to VS1. The stone is not certed. I thought about sending it to GIA out of curiosity but ultimately decided I didn’t care. He estimated the stone as an N. I was originally looking for a warmer stone but fell in love with the cut. I compared it to an O/P and a Q/R that I own and honestly it looked warmer than my O/P, but I’m not an expert and Sako is so I’m claiming the N. Sako was awesome to purchase from. He has a great since of humor and is super responsive. I highly recommend him. I was originally thinking of having him create the setting but I wanted to spend some time with the diamond first because I couldn’t decide how to set it. I ended up sitting on it for much much longer than anticipated due to suffering from an HG pregnancy. Once I started feeling better, I knew I wanted to set the diamond ASAP. I opened up my Instagram and Megan Thorne had just posted. It felt like fate. Her evergreen setting was perfect. I sent my diamond directly to her because the closest retailer is about an hour away- not to far but with a newborn and toddler I felt it was easier to deal direct. The setting is gorgeous. It is a bit more dainty than expected but it looks great. I had noticed that some of her pieces had realy long prongs and others didn’t so I meant to email her asking for shorter prongs but forgot. She did make the ring with long prongs but I absolutely love them. It looks amazing and I wouldn’t change it. The only negative things I have to say are 1- there is a small spot that she missed when applying the finish. It’s not very noticeable but my eagle eyes found it right away. I’m sure if I reached out she would fix it but I don’t care enough to be without the ring and I need to learn to tone down my OCD. 2- Her 18k gold is much lighter than my other 18k gold pieces. This is the only thing that is a slight bummer to me. The ring is gorgeous but the gold is not as rich as I am used to. I plan to wear it alone but if I did want to pair it with a band I’d have to get one from her because it doesn’t match my other 18k pieces. Overall I absolutely adore the setting. It’s a perfect whimsical setting for my perfectly wonky stone! I’m absolutely thrilled with the results.

134504BF-2D71-4D70-8304-66A531425A94.jpeg 2AC914A7-39B9-41C0-A48B-C92F8682D949.jpeg AC2AD93B-114A-4596-B144-C2F7623BBD14.jpeg 9ECC6C76-5D5C-4C7E-BE33-73F1F6F9AB8B.jpeg F9C2B986-128C-4546-AC7E-91E02755D00F.jpeg BC4029A5-78CE-4326-8C67-EDEA24BAB2ED.jpeg 6E075E1A-8838-4EA2-AD5F-320EFD996F70.jpeg AA4146FD-AE7F-4C67-B695-D2AA7C5747D7.jpeg

Congratulations on your new piece! What a great way to celebrate the new addition to your family.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Look at that stone! Love the setting, too! Congrats on such a beautiful ring!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOT a looker! Love the yellow gold setting/detail!

cheers--Sharon

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So beautiful ! Congratulations enjoy your new ring :kiss2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just lovely! Love the diamond and the yellow gold setting - enjoy!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Love it!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your new ring is so beautiful. I love it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Enjoy your new ring!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
What an incredible diamond! LOVE it, the cut and color are t.d.f. And the setting is a dream, too. Those long prongs are perfect for that stone. You have an eye for what is beautiful and seldom seen.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
That turned out very nice! Really pretty. It's a lovely stone.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Looks like royalty among rings. One of my faves.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that setting is so pretty! Love it!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, i really love this! The stone is gorgeous & the setting is so unique - I've never seen long claws like that before & it's amazing! It reminds me or an Eagle swooping down to collect the sparkly thing from the ground :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it’s gorgeous and I :kiss2: the prongs!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
it's so pretty! love Megan Thorne pieces!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and the setting is so striking-I especially love the prongs!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous & unique! Your stone is lovely and the setting suits it really well. It’s nice to see something a little different!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting, congratulations!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful!! Enjoy that beauty!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Such a beautiful diamond and setting - they compliment each other perfectly! :love:

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for all of your kind words! I’m absolutely in love with with this piece. I feel like I finally found my soulmate diamond.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! Sorry to hear about the non-gold match but I have to say, this peachy alloy is my absolute fave! Maybe it will have to be your new standard :)

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! Sorry to hear about the non-gold match but I have to say, this peachy alloy is my absolute fave! Maybe it will have to be your new standard :)

Thank you! Yes it’s definitely a beautiful color just a bit more muted than I’m used to but hey it’s an excuse to buy one of Megan Thorne’s gorgeous bands

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
In my humble opinion, "perfection" is highly overrated & true romance lies within these little characteristics that come together to create a piece with true charm.

That is what this ring is & to me its pure perfection! What a marvelous, marvelous ring & diamond. This has officially become top five of my favorite rings ever seen on PS!

<3

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
She’s finally here and I’m obsessed!!!! My 2.02 old mine from sako set in an 18k gold evergreen setting by Megan Thorne. I’ll post my story below if anyone cares to read it.

I purchased the stone about a year ago from Sako. I saw it featured it on his IG and I fell in love. It was everything I was looking for: wonky, deep, warm, crisp facet pattern and major Kozibe effect. The stone was originally 2.05 ct VS2 but he was kind enough to polish out some wear near the girdle that made me a bit nervous, so the resulting weight was 2.02 and possibly increased clarity to VS1. The stone is not certed. I thought about sending it to GIA out of curiosity but ultimately decided I didn’t care. He estimated the stone as an N. I was originally looking for a warmer stone but fell in love with the cut. I compared it to an O/P and a Q/R that I own and honestly it looked warmer than my O/P, but I’m not an expert and Sako is so I’m claiming the N. Sako was awesome to purchase from. He has a great since of humor and is super responsive. I highly recommend him. I was originally thinking of having him create the setting but I wanted to spend some time with the diamond first because I couldn’t decide how to set it. I ended up sitting on it for much much longer than anticipated due to suffering from an HG pregnancy. Once I started feeling better, I knew I wanted to set the diamond ASAP. I opened up my Instagram and Megan Thorne had just posted. It felt like fate. Her evergreen setting was perfect. I sent my diamond directly to her because the closest retailer is about an hour away- not to far but with a newborn and toddler I felt it was easier to deal direct. The setting is gorgeous. It is a bit more dainty than expected but it looks great. I had noticed that some of her pieces had realy long prongs and others didn’t so I meant to email her asking for shorter prongs but forgot. She did make the ring with long prongs but I absolutely love them. It looks amazing and I wouldn’t change it. The only negative things I have to say are 1- there is a small spot that she missed when applying the finish. It’s not very noticeable but my eagle eyes found it right away. I’m sure if I reached out she would fix it but I don’t care enough to be without the ring and I need to learn to tone down my OCD. 2- Her 18k gold is much lighter than my other 18k gold pieces. This is the only thing that is a slight bummer to me. The ring is gorgeous but the gold is not as rich as I am used to. I plan to wear it alone but if I did want to pair it with a band I’d have to get one from her because it doesn’t match my other 18k pieces. Overall I absolutely adore the setting. It’s a perfect whimsical setting for my perfectly wonky stone! I’m absolutely thrilled with the results.

134504BF-2D71-4D70-8304-66A531425A94.jpeg 2AC914A7-39B9-41C0-A48B-C92F8682D949.jpeg AC2AD93B-114A-4596-B144-C2F7623BBD14.jpeg 9ECC6C76-5D5C-4C7E-BE33-73F1F6F9AB8B.jpeg F9C2B986-128C-4546-AC7E-91E02755D00F.jpeg BC4029A5-78CE-4326-8C67-EDEA24BAB2ED.jpeg 6E075E1A-8838-4EA2-AD5F-320EFD996F70.jpeg AA4146FD-AE7F-4C67-B695-D2AA7C5747D7.jpeg

What a gorgeous diamond! I love its height! Regarding the spot she missed in polishing, you can get a polishing cloth infused with polishing compound (Sunshine cloth is a good brand) and gently polish out the dull part by yourself with the cloth. Just be sure not to catch a prong tip.

I had intense HG with one of my pregnancies. Hugs to you. I did have another pregnancy after it that was fine, because I took Zofran before I got too depleted.

Enjoy you beautiful ring and your babies!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
In my humble opinion, "perfection" is highly overrated & true romance lies within these little characteristics that come together to create a piece with true charm.

That is what this ring is & to me its pure perfection! What a marvelous, marvelous ring & diamond. This has officially become top five of my favorite rings ever seen on PS!

<3

You are so right! It’s a matte finish to so I need to learn to embrace every scuff and scratch that it will surely get with wear. Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m on cloud nine!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous diamond! I love its height! Regarding the spot she missed in polishing, you can get a polishing cloth infused with polishing compound (Sunshine cloth is a good brand) and gently polish out the dull part by yourself with the cloth. Just be sure not to catch a prong tip.

I had intense HG with one of my pregnancies. Hugs to you. I did have another pregnancy after it that was fine, because I took Zofran before I got too depleted.

Enjoy you beautiful ring and your babies!

It’s a matte finish so I don’t believe a sunshine cloth will work. it’s just a small smooth spot. It’s on the edge near the engraving on the shoulders and hardly noticeable. Thank you for reminding me of the sunshine cloth though! I have several other pieces that could benefit from it. I’ll have to order one. Omg HG is horrific. This was my second HG pregnancy and I was throwing up 30-40 times a day at the worst of it and had to take medication every 3 hours the entire pregnancy. It’s amazing what we do for our beautiful babies

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I am loving this ring, can't believe I missed the thread about it!

I love more organic looking jewelry...I have been hemming and hawing for what feels like ages about how to reset my 1.3 carat OEC and have been eyeing megan thorne (among a few other vendors)

how are you liking it? do the prongs catch fuzzies or anything like that?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I am loving this ring, can't believe I missed the thread about it!

I love more organic looking jewelry...I have been hemming and hawing for what feels like ages about how to reset my 1.3 carat OEC and have been eyeing megan thorne (among a few other vendors)

how are you liking it? do the prongs catch fuzzies or anything like that?

Thank you! I’m still obsessed with it! She has so many gorgeous designs and can even custom create something unique for your stone. I hope to have more pieces from her in the future. I haven’t had any issues with the prongs at all- no fuzzies and no catching on my long hair. I do baby it a bit though and don’t wear jewelry at home because I have two messy boys that I’m chasing around all day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results