shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Sharing the Bling

TravelKat

Rough_Rock
And so, as requested by @ Alex T, I’m happy to share some pics of my bling. I did look at the tips for better photography, but I’ll need to invest in a camera to take advantage of that good advice.

i guess I’ll start at the start, with details on the engagement ring. (I did post this in the coloured gemstone thread yesterday as well) but here are the stats: total 10.5 carats, the asacher is a D, IF of 4.5 carats. Sapphires are 3 carats each.

2EA421B0-2F04-40C9-8245-4DC42F774AB1.jpeg 1F07AA08-AC74-43AC-9868-3B76AB32FC84.jpeg

TravelKat

Rough_Rock
So, our bathroom in the U.K. had the best light, and I wish we still had that lighting now that my collection has grown. In that top pic are my 4 cttw pink heart cut studs, the 4 cttw yellow diamond Flanders cut studs and the 5 cttw white diamond studs. Also, the emerald cut eternity ring is 2.96 carats.

Last edited:

TravelKat

Rough_Rock
And then the two right hand rings that I wear:

the blue diamond center is 2.46 carats, IF and the ring comes in just under 3 carats with the side stones.

The other ring I wear as a right hand ring is this emerald cut. The center is 6.66 carats, D colour and flawless.

I will say that it’s a hard choice in the morning to decide what goes on my left hand. 8B90A26A-D4AB-48BB-8581-35BCFE7FDD26.jpeg D85AD8C2-1D10-4A19-979B-47C8B0DA7308.jpeg F2854158-19FA-47BB-A326-B4D9402C135E.jpeg

Last edited:

TravelKat

Rough_Rock
OK, just one more, the yellow and white diamond drops. I love these! They were for Christmas last year and I’m so surprised how often I wear them. C3CA3AB8-063F-4CE1-AACC-C576A5AC11E9.jpeg D9BA56C9-04A8-4952-A86F-7089F9069D36.jpeg
F5EDAB79-A703-40AF-883B-67354B075D9E.jpeg

enough of my crap photography for now. I’m al glad to share my little drops of joy. More to come later! And also, perhaps I should wait to post more when I have a better camera

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing collection. Your photography is just fine, those pretties just sparkle so much my phone cant handle it!

TravelKat

Rough_Rock
Aww, thanks you guys! It all feels a bit indecent sometimes, I mean, the jewels just keep on coming and they’re so much fun to wear. I feel so insanely lucky and in disbelief with what he comes up with. My co- workers joke about how I show up with new goodies after every holiday and birthday and it’s so nice to have people to share my excitement with! I’ll post the necklaces later. Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is so much fun sharing our treasures with like-minded PSer's, thank you for sharing yours @TravelKat! Your pieces are simply stunning, I can't wait to see more! Love everything! :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooh ... that blue diamond ... Ohhhhhh! :kiss2:

Would it be too rude to ask you to post a pic of its GIA report?
I'm an FCD freak.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! All are special but that emerald cut diamond ring is absolutely delicious.

TravelKat

Rough_Rock
Ooooooh ... that blue diamond ... Ohhhhhh! :kiss2:

Would it be too rude to ask you to post a pic of its GIA report?
I'm an FCD freak.

Not rude at all. I know how rare they are, well, I’ve learned how rare blue diamonds are since getting mine. But I will decline to post the actual GIA report but I’m happy to share any of the stats. Ask away!

TravelKat

Rough_Rock
Just gorgeous! All are special but that emerald cut diamond ring is absolutely delicious.

I know, I love it. I was so stunned I actually told him he was crazy when I got the anniversary gift, which was a wrapped box with the unset stone and the GIA report. I stared at it for days before deciding what to do with it and letting him take it to get set. I also gave her a name.

54AD9222-0EE5-4F93-92D6-4FDEFBB0B904.jpeg

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous bling!!! I especially love your wedding earrings, they are beautiful!!! Can't wait to see more pics and pieces!!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Wow your jewelry is incredible! Please don't make us wait too long for more pictures!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy mackerel. Girl, you got BLING!
Are those pinks and that blue naturally coloured? What are the colour descriptions?
I literally cannot conceive of the value of such a blue diamond, if untreated!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! Such amazing bling, I’m speechless.
Thank you for sharing so we can enjoy your magnificent jewellery!

TravelKat

Rough_Rock
Holy mackerel. Girl, you got BLING!
Are those pinks and that blue naturally coloured? What are the colour descriptions?
I literally cannot conceive of the value of such a blue diamond, if untreated!!

In truth, I also can’t get my head around it. I don’t recall all the details of the reports, but since I started researching diamonds and learned the difference, I do look for that line on the reports before I file them away. No treatments, no heat on any of the collection. According to the husband, whether with gemstones or the diamonds, if they’re treated it’s a charade. No judgements, but it’s just not how he rolls. I haven’t seen the certificate for the pinks since Feb 2016, so I can’t recall the colour description on those. (But I did lose one of the pink earrings once. And having to get the police report, and tell them the valuation, to file the claim was uncomfortable to say the least!) We’re in a remodel so I’d have wait until we unpack those files to tell you. But the blue is vivid blue, if I remember correctly. I remember the carat weight really well and the colour because our jeweller mentioned it a time or two when I was working with him. It was the first time I worked with the jeweller directly, as it was first presented to me unset and I had to decide what to do with it. (This one and the large emerald from last summer are the only two he’s given to me before they were set). Having it as a ring made more sense to me than having it made into a necklace as he said, very clearly when we were discussing what to do with it, there would be no more blue diamonds in my future. And not just because this one took 4 years to find. (Geez, I wonder why?! Ha!) So no chance to match with earrings.

I know, it’s a mind bending level of awesomeness. I’ve just had to get comfortable with it!

F01A1380-91B5-4284-A858-783928245384.jpeg

Last edited:

TravelKat

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness! Such amazing bling, I’m speechless.
Thank you for sharing so we can enjoy your magnificent jewellery!

Lol! Thanks! I’ve been viewing everyone’s amazing jewellery for so long on these boards. I mean, I literally found this place because it was the only place I didn’t feel that there was judgement for truly loving all the jewels, all kinds, all sizes, from all places. You are all so awesome and I have gotten such joy from your discussions, your stories and the gorgeous pics. I’m so glad I finally posted. Thanks you guys!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
In truth, I also can’t get my head around it. I don’t recall all the details of the reports, but since I started researching diamonds and learned the difference, I do look for that line on the reports before I file them away. No treatments, no heat on any of the collection. According to the husband, whether with gemstones or the diamonds, if they’re treated it’s a charade. No judgements, but it’s just not how he rolls. I haven’t seen the certificate for the pinks since Feb 2016, so I can’t recall the colour description on those. (But I did lose one of the pink earrings once. And having to get the police report, and tell them the valuation, to file the claim was uncomfortable the say the least!) We’re in a remodel so I’d have wait until we unpack those files to tell you. But the blue is vivid blue, if I remember correctly. I remember the carat weight really well and the colour because our jeweller mentioned it a time or two when I was working with him. It was the first time I worked with the jeweller directly, as it was first presented to me unset and I had to decide what to do with it. (This one and the large emerald from last summer are the only two he’s given to me before they were set). Having it as a ring made more sense to me than having it made into a necklace as he said, very clearly when we were discussing what to do with it, there would be no more blue diamonds in my future. And not just because this one took 4 years to find. (Geez, I wonder why?! Ha!) So no chance to match with earrings.

I know, it’s a mind bending level of awesomeness. I’ve just had to get comfortable with it!

F01A1380-91B5-4284-A858-783928245384.jpeg

Mind bending level of awesomeness....indeed! To quote one of my favorite movies, “what do you do and how do you do it?!”. Totally kidding, of course!

Thank you for sharing your collection. It is stunning. Just wow.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
You have a jaw dropping collection! What a lucky wife you are!

I just adore your wedding earrings, how special they are! That blue diamond is stunning, I bet it's amazing in real life. Thank you for sharing

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Your collection is beyond comprehension. Honestly I'm not sure I would be able to pay any attention to the world around me with those jewels! They are beautiful and seem museum worthy almost, that blue diamond especially. That emerald cut looks like it has its own light source. I also really love your wedding earrings, they are stunning!

This may be asking too much, but I don't suppose you have any ability to take a video or two of all your sparkling beauties?

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
The quality of your jewellery and the settings is incredible. Do you have your bench work done in the UK or USA? I only ask because short of Bond Street, I rarely see settings as well made. Absolutely knock out collection.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results