shape
carat
color
clarity

Sharing My Vatche Three-Stone Pear Setting (310)

extremepc

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

You guys were tremendously helpful a few weeks back with picking out a center stone + setting for my girlfriend, who fell in love with the Tiffany three-stone ring (http://www.tiffany.com/engagement/rings/round-brilliant-with-pear-shaped-side-stones. The original thread is here (https://www.pricescope.com/communit...es-aca-center-stones-for-3-stone-pear.220671/.

I ended up going with the Vatche 310 3-stone pear setting, and a WF Expert Selection 1.457ct G VS2 stone (http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3638371.htm). The pears are 0.60ctw G/H VS, I believe.

Anyway, I got the final product, and (as an entirely inexperienced buyer) I am happy with it. I asked WF to set the center stone lower than usual to try and mimic the "sleek" look that the Tiffany ring has - in the sense that the center stone is not raised and feels flush with the side pears. The result doesn't quite look like the Tiffany, but is elegant in its own way.

Please excuse my terribly grubby fingers. The ring is a 5 and barely fits around my pinky - my girlfriend is a 4.25 (needs resizing!)- so will look very different on her. She's extremely petite and 5'4".

1_449.jpg
2_239.jpg
_dsc1696.jpg
3_180.jpg

Does anyone see anything that I should be alarmed about? I have plenty of time within my return / exchange policy, and the proposal is not in the immediate future.

The rest of the pictures can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/6Iu5j

For what it's worth, here are (poor) pictures of the stone she fell in love with at Tiffany (the ring, not the brand) - notice the size difference: http://imgur.com/a/OWzEe

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is gonna love it - it is beautiful and the size difference is very noticeable! You did a great job on this ring and I think she is going to be very happy and excited with it!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. You did an outstanding job! Come back and share her hand shots!

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Frankly your fingers aren't doing the ring justice. But given how good the smaller Tiffany ring looks on her, the ring you got her will look dynamite. She has gorgeous hands that suit the style well.

extremepc

Rough_Rock
redroze1|1461808354|4024420 said:
Frankly your fingers aren't doing the ring justice. But given how good the smaller Tiffany ring looks on her, the ring you got her will look dynamite. She has gorgeous hands that suit the style well.

Haha - after I posted these I looked and thought WOOF - those are some ugly hands! Hers are MUCH better suited for this ring :).

Thought I should include the professional WF pictures as well:

vatche-round-and-pear-3-stone-engagement-ring-in-platinum-from-whiteflash_44043_22982_g.jpg
vatche-round-and-pear-3-stone-engagement-ring-in-platinum-from-whiteflash_44043_22982_f.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is very beautiful! Vatche does a great job with Tiffany style settings! I think you made some great choices!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous!! When IS the proposal btw?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vatche did a wonderful job! I think your GF will be absolutely thrilled and it will look stunning on that size 4.25 finger. You did good :appl:

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! Great job! :appl: Will she wear a wedding band with it?

extremepc

Rough_Rock
motownmama|1461810046|4024439 said:
Looks gorgeous!! When IS the proposal btw?

I'm quitting my job at the end of June, followed by us taking a two week vacation in Asia. When we get back, we're both moving to a new city (for me to go back to school). Proposing while on vacation seems to just make sense - starting our life together, both in a new city and engaged!

Not sure about the wedding band yet. She has always said that she'd do a simple plain platinum band if at all. We'll see!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just beautiful. Well done and congratulations!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
absolutely stunning! I love a 3 stone with pear sides and this is just SO droolworthy. :cheeky: :cheeky:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Love a round brilliant with pear sides!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bravo!! You got your girlfriend an absolutely lovely ring! I think she will be thrilled. :appl: congrats and best of luck!

Can't believe the price of that Tiffany. You saved a lot of money I'm sure.

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous!!! delicate, elegant and icy! lucky girl!!!

may she wear it always in good health and best of luck with the proposal! we want pics!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Install your original postings but that is one heck of a gorgeous ring! Very tasteful and I love the side Stones! A true beauty! Love it! So will she! Lucky gal! Congrats! Amazing taste! Super job! Yayyy!

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
Ps! Agree about the size difference being obvious. Yay again!

extremepc

Rough_Rock
Laila619|1461854560|4024603 said:
Bravo!! You got your girlfriend an absolutely lovely ring! I think she will be thrilled. :appl: congrats and best of luck!

Can't believe the price of that Tiffany. You saved a lot of money I'm sure.

Thank you to everyone for all of these comments! I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it.

The Tiffany price really is shocking. It's also a G, although VVS1 (vs VS2) but a 1.28 vs. 1.46 and the price difference was nearly 2x. Crazy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results