shape
carat
color
clarity

Sharing my AVC Re-set - Palladium WG

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
This setting is a custom design with Jon @ Distinctive Gem. My 1.07 rectangular F color AVC set E-W in a slightly tapered semi-bezel with Euro shank and 1.2 mm blue diamond flush set in the lower shank.

After years of prongs and thin, delicate settings, I decided I wanted to ditch the prongs and wear a more clean, contemporary setting. I was after something minimal and slightly industrial-feeling. I’m very happy with the sleek semi-bezel, it accentuates the shape of the stone in a way that I much prefer to the pronged setting it lived in previously. I love an open gallery for cleaning. There are a few things I would change about the design, but that’s water under the bridge at this point. It’s a learning process.

There was much agonizing over the metal. I’m a strict YG wearer and, for some unknown reason, this time around I wanted different… I wanted either a buttery unplated white, or something gun-metal grey. (And thusly I went down the deep and scary rabbit hole of white metal alloys). Anyhow, I ended up with 14k Palladium unplated WG from Stuller. I actually kind of love it, which is great because I went into it blind; I picked the metal based off casting grain images on Stuller’s site :oops2: It’s very, very buttery.

There was also some agonizing about whether to soften the lines between the shoulders and bezel cup. Ultimately, we left the demarcation, and I’m glad. It adds to the aesthetic I was going for.

Thanks for looking! Hope everyone is having a lovely spring so far! Mine just got a little brighter :kiss2:

228A3AFF-9A6B-4149-B764-00A0F4F4A0FD.jpeg

3FB0239D-4D9C-45E5-918D-1622D82AAD33.jpeg

Attachments

• 78E89C23-0B20-400D-B41B-944151460033.jpeg
    78E89C23-0B20-400D-B41B-944151460033.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 11

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is STUNNING. I ADORE this ring!

Congratulations on a design triumph - this ring is the whole snack and then some!

Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!

ETA - What size is your finger, @Alybetter?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
This is STUNNING. I ADORE this ring!

Congratulations on a design triumph - this ring is the whole snack and then some!

Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!

ETA - What size is your finger, @Alybetter?

Thank you so much, Mrs. B!

This ring is a 6.5.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful, and those pastel flashes... What did the width turn out to be?

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful, and those pastel flashes... What did the width turn out to be?

Thank you for the kind words. And actually, I’m not sure? Jon said it would taper from 4.5-ish down to 3. But it’s definitely thinner than 4.5 at the widest point. I think 3.5? I can’t find my calipers, but compared to a band I have that I know is 4 mm, it’s thinner.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outrageously sleek and perfectly elegant -- so very well done -- enjoy the re-set!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! It looks great - enjoy it!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! I wasn't expecting this when I scrolled down! It is so sleek & clean & modern, yet so antique & beautifully feminine & captivating!

Gorgeous stone, gorgeous design. Huge congratulations!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! I wasn't expecting this when I scrolled down! It is so sleek & clean & modern, yet so antique & beautifully feminine & captivating!

Gorgeous stone, gorgeous design. Huge congratulations!

Thank you so much =)2

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So sleek and chic!

McLaren

Shiny_Rock
love it! What a great looking ring. Enjoy!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Dang! What a gorgeous ring!! I love the E-W orientation, and the semi-bezel shows off the stone. As an aside, I recently had my three stone asscher reset to bezels, and it's amazing how you can really see the shapes. I'm totally a fan of bezels and semi bezels. Yours is lovely! Congratulations!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh!! That is gorgeous!! I love it!!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Dang! What a gorgeous ring!! I love the E-W orientation, and the semi-bezel shows off the stone. As an aside, I recently had my three stone asscher reset to bezels, and it's amazing how you can really see the shapes. I'm totally a fan of bezels and semi bezels. Yours is lovely! Congratulations!

I think I saw your ring here. Have you posted it yet?
Thanks for your kind words. I never knew how much I’d appreciate a bezel until I saw one on my finger in real life. Done well they are so elegant.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely love this ring!!! I adore a semi bezel, and although I love antiques…I love sleek modern settings just as well. This is an AWESOME ring, that I have no doubt you’ll be enjoying tremendously for years to come! There’s something about the AVC + minimal setting that I’m just loving!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool! I like that you decided to go in a different direction. I like the wider band and the fact you can
basically still see the whole stone. Gives a slightly modern yet still classic vibe!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
I think I saw your ring here. Have you posted it yet?
Thanks for your kind words. I never knew how much I’d appreciate a bezel until I saw one on my finger in real life. Done well they are so elegant.

HI Alybetter, I did make a post on it maybe two or three weeks ago? The reset was done by David Klass, and I must say changing the setting had me going from "maybe I should sell this" to "Wow! I'm in love with it". It's amazing what a setting can do to highlight a stone. I love how your new setting shows off your diamond. Sort of an old meets new kind of thing.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! I am usually not someone who would go with something that contemporary with an old cut stone but it is a gorgeous mix of old and new. It really show cases those beautiful chunky facets!! GAH!! WANT!!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
HI Alybetter, I did make a post on it maybe two or three weeks ago? The reset was done by David Klass, and I must say changing the setting had me going from "maybe I should sell this" to "Wow! I'm in love with it". It's amazing what a setting can do to highlight a stone. I love how your new setting shows off your diamond. Sort of an old meets new kind of thing.

Yes, then that’s the one I saw here! I had forgotten who it belonged to. It’s gorgeous! Congrats!
Way back when, I had a small Asscher (unbranded square emerald) IMO, the best way to set an Asscher is in a beautiful bezel or halo. The shape of the stone seems perfect for it. Mine was prong set and I moved it on.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! I am usually not someone who would go with something that contemporary with an old cut stone but it is a gorgeous mix of old and new. It really show cases those beautiful chunky facets!! GAH!! WANT!!

Thank you so much for the kind words. I knew basically what I wanted, and I appreciate Jon going through several cad revisions until it materialized.
My stone is small. If I had a larger antique cut, I would likely go for prongs and setting that’s a bit more true to the vintage style. I can appreciate both worlds =)2

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely love this ring!!! I adore a semi bezel, and although I love antiques…I love sleek modern settings just as well. This is an AWESOME ring, that I have no doubt you’ll be enjoying tremendously for years to come! There’s something about the AVC + minimal setting that I’m just loving!

Thanks Cerulean! I appreciate your kind words. And I agree :lol-2:

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Outstanding! It looks wonderful and really shows off the lines of the AVC. Bravo!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Very streamlined! I find smooth polished bezel rings so effortless to wear. Love the setting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results