shape
carat
color
clarity

share your cake please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 9:44:59 PM
Author: Haven
I''m posting our cakes as a warning of what not do do.

I had DH choose the cake design because I couldn''t be bothered with it, as I chaperoned a trip to Greece with 42 high school students a month before the wedding.

So, this is what we ended up with. Note: The white chocolate shavings sticking out of each layer were *not* lethal, they just *looked* like weapons.

And don''t even ask about the groom''s cake. Yes, that is an outline of the human body with a rough representation of the muscular system on one side, and the skeletal system on the other. No, I did not see the design before the cake showed up on the day of the wedding.

The good news is that I was so elated on our wedding day that I didn''t even care what they looked like, and I don''t eat cake but I hear that they were both delicious. Believe it or not, the cadaver cake disappeared in seconds, apparently people aren''t so picky when they know it''s red velvet in there.

ETA: I just noticed this, but doesn''t it look like the band members are making fun of our cakes in the background? The one is all ''Did you get a load of that cadaver cake? Gross.'' And the other is all ''Seriously. THAT guy is in for a long haul.'' Meanies.

Too funny! What a great story!
36.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2009 4:26:48 PM
Author: Ara Ann
Oh my wow...that''s just...really different!

Thanks for sharing all your cakes ladies! I am in the midst of a cake search, for my parents anniversary party...we want a wedding style cake, but ugh, this is a lot harder than choosing my wedding cake was! Can''t find a decent decorator!
20.gif
Getting frustrated!

My grandparents just had their 50th. I found slide from their wedding that showed their cake. The caterer made a replica.
We were even able to find the original cake topper since my grandmother had saved it and left it in a cupboard.

The look on Grandma''s face was worth all the effort. She saw the cake and got all teary. What a smile...

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 5:11:44 PM
Author: TooPatient

Thanks for sharing all your cakes ladies! I am in the midst of a cake search, for my parents anniversary party...we want a wedding style cake, but ugh, this is a lot harder than choosing my wedding cake was! Can''t find a decent decorator!
20.gif
Getting frustrated!

My grandparents just had their 50th. I found slide from their wedding that showed their cake. The caterer made a replica.

We were even able to find the original cake topper since my grandmother had saved it and left it in a cupboard.

The look on Grandma''s face was worth all the effort. She saw the cake and got all teary. What a smile...

that is so sweet!! i love that

and mayachal, as for you LOL.....i had just taken a sip of sam adams octoberfest and spit it out when i saw that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats.....interesting...LOL!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2009 5:11:44 PM

20.gif
Getting frustrated!

I learned how to post pictures. Yay!!!!

Here is the original cake from 50 years ago.

original wedding cake 50 years ago.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The replica cake with original cake topper.

50th anniversary replica cake.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here they are feeding each other cake on their 50th Anniversary.

feeding cake after 50 years together.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last picture. I promise.

This is Grandma explaining the cake to Grandpa. She recognized it instantly and got all teary. I wish I had a picture.
Just after this, Grandpa picked the picture up from next to the cake and made a comment about how they''ve gotten older (he hopes the cake isn''t too stale after all these years) and how much he still loves her.

Grandma and Grandpa recognize cake.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was ALL about deliciousness when it came to the cake!
Fresh strawberries, butter cream frosting on the outside, a rich almond flavored white cake and fresh strawberry and whipped cream filling on the inside.

Everyone raved about how good the cake was, so mission accomplished!

I decided on the cascading style to fit in as many strawberries as possible! (It's my hubby's favorite fruit).

The little doilies were NOT my idea, the bakery just put them there. Oh well.

mtgcake.jpg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2009 5:22:33 PM
Oh! This made me all teary eyed! Thanks for sharing this precious moment!
36.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 5:22:33 PM
This is so, so sweet. Congratulations to your grandparents!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
man- gorgeous cakes and soooo delicious looking
18.gif
30.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
This is my inspiration pic for our cake. I love the modern look of it.

cakeinspirationpicforps.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results