shape
carat
color
clarity

share your cake please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
thank you for posting these beautiful cakes!!! this is some great inspiration! i didn''t realize how easy the sugar swag would be. i might ask her about that.......
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm posting our cakes as a warning of what not do do.

I had DH choose the cake design because I couldn't be bothered with it, as I chaperoned a trip to Greece with 42 high school students a month before the wedding.

So, this is what we ended up with. Note: The white chocolate shavings sticking out of each layer were *not* lethal, they just *looked* like weapons.

And don't even ask about the groom's cake. Yes, that is an outline of the human body with a rough representation of the muscular system on one side, and the skeletal system on the other. No, I did not see the design before the cake showed up on the day of the wedding.

The good news is that I was so elated on our wedding day that I didn't even care what they looked like, and I don't eat cake but I hear that they were both delicious. Believe it or not, the cadaver cake disappeared in seconds, apparently people aren't so picky when they know it's red velvet in there.

ETA: I just noticed this, but doesn't it look like the band members are making fun of our cakes in the background? The one is all "Did you get a load of that cadaver cake? Gross." And the other is all "Seriously. THAT guy is in for a long haul." Meanies.

Havensuglycakespsweradf.jpg

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 9:44:59 PM
Author: Haven
I''m posting our cakes as a warning of what not do do.

I had DH choose the cake design because I couldn''t be bothered with it, as I chaperoned a trip to Greece with 42 high school students a month before the wedding.

So, this is what we ended up with. Note: The white chocolate shavings sticking out of each layer were *not* lethal, they just *looked* like weapons.

And don''t even ask about the groom''s cake. Yes, that is an outline of the human body with a rough representation of the muscular system on one side, and the skeletal system on the other. No, I did not see the design before the cake showed up on the day of the wedding.

The good news is that I was so elated on our wedding day that I didn''t even care what they looked like, and I don''t eat cake but I hear that they were both delicious. Believe it or not, the cadaver cake disappeared in seconds, apparently people aren''t so picky when they know it''s red velvet in there.

ETA: I just noticed this, but doesn''t it look like the band members are making fun of our cakes in the background? The one is all ''Did you get a load of that cadaver cake? Gross.'' And the other is all ''Seriously. THAT guy is in for a long haul.'' Meanies.
LOL! Haven, your narration is priceless!

The cakes could have been much worse, and I love that the grooms cake represented your DH (I presume!). I would love to see what H2B would come up with in terms of a cake. hehehehe... I so hope he wants to pick it out. Though I doubt we will do a grooms cake...

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my gosh, haven, you just made me snort! That''s just...unbelievable. Honestly, I think your wedding cake was lovely (though not my first choice). I''m glad you didn''t let it ruin your day. And thanks for the laugh!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine. It wasn''t supposed to be fondant, but it still looked (and tasted) good!

bpdweddingcake.JPG

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
This is my cake inspiration, the top will be different though, I am still working on that! I think the Raining Dots is beautiful!!

25ac50ceca45c02a0f8301eb10ad9857_m.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 10:16:42 PM
Author: Still_Waiting
Oh, my gosh, haven, you just made me snort! That's just...unbelievable. Honestly, I think your wedding cake was lovely (though not my first choice). I'm glad you didn't let it ruin your day. And thanks for the laugh!
Haha!
And you think it was lovely because you can't see the dollar store doilies that they put beneath each layer of cake. *Those* were classic.

There's actually one more good story here: See that very long cake knife sitting on the table? You know, the one with the loooong, sharp blade? Some trusted airline security workers actually let my crazy aunt (think: wild fire engine red hair flying all about the face, speaks with her teeth clenched tightly shut, wears gigantic round sunglasses everywhere) carry-on that knife and server with her on the plane ride from Florida to Chicago. That's right, she brought that set as a gift (very lovely, thank you auntie) all the way from Florida AS A CARRY ON. And she is not only a bona fide crazy person, she LOOKS like a crazy person. Haven't felt safe flying since.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
My cake :) It was topped with real flowers (roses & orchids). Flavor was red velvet with cream cheese buttercream... yummm

989898lll.jpg

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
If I could figure out how to quote properly (someone help, what the heck is wrong with me?? I swear I''m not normally such a tech dummy!), I would quote Haven''s bit about the cake knife!!! LOL!!! Too funny! I''m shocked she got that through security! Heck, they stole my tweezers once because they were "too pointy!"

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Kellybell, your cake reminds me quite a bit of mine! And FWIW, I can't tell that it's leaning.

Here's mine:
jstar-cake.jpg

The callas were gum paste. I didn't really like the idea of fresh flowers on icing; it seemed kind of unsanitary to me, even though I know that's probably unfounded.

ETA: Flavor was yellow with raspberry filling. It was delicious, perfectly moist and sweet - just right! Best wedding cake I've had all year.

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 4:32:18 PM
Author: emilina22
and heres the inspiration for our cake, i think our baker did an amazing job
emilina22: i loooooove your cake! it''s elegant and classic but with a modern twist. your baker did a great job recreating it!

E B

Ideal_Rock
This was ours- we had an outdoor/bird theme. It was so smooth, it looked like it was covered in fondant but wasn't. Just super smooth buttercream.
1.gif

cakeebree1.jpg

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Ilovethiswebsite, i really love your cake and the cake table setting. Its just gorgeous!

Ebree, your cake is so adorable!! I really love it!

Everyone has such nice cakes!!! I love cake!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Here is ours... please ignore the hideous board that it is sitting on... not sure what happened there
emsad.gif

Morgie Cake2.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
haven- that is hysterical. at least he participated, right?

EBree- i love love your cake. do you have a link to more pictures of your theme? my wedding sort of has an apple tree theme going on, with branches and things like that.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My inspiration cake. I''m hoping to add a better variety of berries to it. It will also be at least 3 tier.

6417_MEDIUM.jpg

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a pic of my wedding cake... DH made the cake stand from scratch with bamboo and mirrors underneath the cake~~

chinesecake.JPG

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
side view....

sideviewps.JPG

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is my cake. Kinda simple design, it was kinda low on the priority list. The inspiration photo came from an Instyle cake.

MyCake.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Instyle Cake

This is the inspiration cake. Funny enough, the little flowers mirrored the green mum used throughout my flowers.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
EBree, I love your cake! That is so adorable.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmmm...cake...
18.gif

They all look yummy. Even the cadaver cake, Haven.
3.gif

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Here was ours....I HATE fondant, so the bakery used French buttercream! YUM!
3.gif

We got tons of compliments on how unique it was to create the bottom ''layer'' out of 5 smaller cakes! The florist decorated it well too!
1.gif

awesome cake1a.jpg

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Close-up of the detail on the cake!
1.gif

P.S. cocolaw - I love the raining dots cake you posted....very pretty!

cutting cake1.jpg

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 2:06:12 PM
Author: ladypirate
EBree, I love your cake! That is so adorable.

+1!!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow~!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
too many beautiful cakes!! ebree: thats awesome!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my cake! It was chocolate fudge with fresh raspberry filling, vanilla with lemon curd filling, and tiramisu.

kbdeliciouscakenomnomnom.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
okay, not *my cake* but I found it through a random image search and thought it needed to be shared..

unique+wedding+cake+design.jpg

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my wow...that''s just...really different!

Thanks for sharing all your cakes ladies! I am in the midst of a cake search, for my parents anniversary party...we want a wedding style cake, but ugh, this is a lot harder than choosing my wedding cake was! Can''t find a decent decorator!
20.gif
Getting frustrated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results