shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your best online workouts, and their difficulty level.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So at the beginning of this year I started working out again in an effort to regain the level of fitness I had before my back blew out 15 years ago and spent a year on my stomach and 3 years in recuperation and physical therapy. I don't think I'm even half way there yet, but I've made some significant strides so far, helped in large part by the online workouts that seem to be springing up daily during the Covid era.

I thought perhaps that there might be some people who might appreciate these workouts, and that everyone might like to add any online workouts they've found helpful also. I'm looking specifically and only for free workouts. Here's a few of mine - and pls - feel free to add yours too so we can get a library of them together.

Pls also be sure to add the level of difficulty and/or age group for which your workout is pitched.

Firstly - the queen of at-home workouts - Leslie Sansone.

If you're out of condition, if exercise is foreign to you, if you're older rather than younger, or if you just hate it and want to start slow - this is the video I used. it's the first half of a 30 minute walking video, and I'll add the second part as well. Leslie specializes in multi muscle walking - ie full body tone ups - and it's a far better workout than just walking.

part 1:

Follow it up with this -

part 2:

Interestingly, this next video, made with a bunch of seniors, is more difficult and a step up:

Next is Schellea Fowler - a fellow Aussie. This video is just 20 minutes, and one mile of aerobic walking. But it's energetic and works the arms more while walking. Again, this one is reasonably gentle but does require some degree of fitness:

Next up is Caroline Jordan and seated cardio. great if you have an injury, but don't fool yourself that this is a doddle - it isn't! This will work your abs and lift your pulse. I wouldn't start with this and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with a very weak back, but it should be fine for anyone following even a basic exercise routine after a couple of months:

I'm now regularly doing *this* workout - a boosted walking programme with HIIT (high intensity interval training). Be aware, this has jogging in it and will require some degree of fitness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvEJ5WFk2KE

I do *this* video daily. it's only 10 minutes, but it's all abs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdC3OfWI5cw

My favorite online yoga teacher is Christel Joy Johnson:

She has a paid site on Patreon, with classes starting at $15 a month, but she also often posts free content on Youtube.

I hope this is of some use to someone and am hoping we can put together a library of free, useful stuff to use during the pandemic and beyond.

Last edited:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peloton, you can do the app with allllllll of the classes without owning a bike or a tread. There are thousands of other classes from strength, to yoga, meditation, walking, etc. It's $13 a month. You can sort classes by length, intensity, type. It's amazing IMO.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peloton, you can do the app with allllllll of the classes without owning a bike or a tread. There are thousands of other classes from strength, to yoga, meditation, walking, etc. It's $13 a month. You can sort classes by length, intensity, type. It's amazing IMO.

@Asscherhalo_lover - can you add some specific free workout links? As I mentioned above, I'm looking specifically for things anyone can join in on that are free and that we can reference just by clicking a button, rather than having to search.

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
www.fitnessblender.com
AMAZING and free!
All different difficulty levels ranging from 1 (easy) to 5 (difficult). Just put your filters in and search :)

Chloe Ting is fabulous but stressful. I think you’d need to be reasonably fit to be able to finish her workouts. I’m usually exhausted. But they’re great and free!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sharing someone i find very helpful for those of us with osteoporosis so obviously this doesn't apply to everyone but knowing what I know now I think everyone could benefit from doing exercises without putting stress on one's spine. This would be helpful for anyone with back issues I think.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why Joe Bloody Wicks aka The Body Coach, of course!

The difficulty level varies from gentle & aimed at an older less mobile person, to intense & exhausting. He's been around on YouTube for years with HIIT workouts for all ages & abilities, but really came to the fore during the UK lockdown. He did a PE lesson for children 5 mornings a week & you may already be familiar with my ramblings (& cursings) about him.

However, I have carried on doing a range of his classes since he finished PE in July & I have to admit, it's been great. I am still running 3 or 4 times a week, but I have become faster, stronger & more efficient. I also have had zero injuries, whereas ordinarily I suffer with my knees & hips resulting in regular breaks. My legs, joints & buttocks are so much more powerful & stronger.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for Joe Wicks. I tried the daily workout with the kids (PE with Joe). I'm fit and used to HIIT but... these workouts were hard!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Out of curiosity, I did the chair one last night very late. Surprisingly, it does really actually get your heart rate up and you do really feel it. I am sure I looked ridiculous and the cats were just staring at me the whole time. I sat more perched on the chair because of the one I picked, which I think made it more difficult, but it was actually effort!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Asscherhalo_lover - can you add some specific free workout links? As I mentioned above, I'm looking specifically for things anyone can join in on that are free and that we can reference just by clicking a button, rather than having to search.

It's free for awhile, I think 30 or 90 days.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For anyone working out with small children, this is my favourite yoga video. And my mom (with her bad knee and bad feet) and my formerly very pregnant self could do most of it.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I like a very dynamic, vigorous yoga practice. It definitely works up a sweat. Floating Yoga School has some great free classes on YouTube.

This is one of my favourites

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I've been really liking these strength videos-she has lots of different ones on her page. They aren't difficult, and obviously you can make them harder by increasing the weight.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for Joe Wicks. I tried the daily workout with the kids (PE with Joe). I'm fit and used to HIIT but... these workouts were hard!

The first time I did a Joe Wicks video, he mentioned casually at the end that it was normal to feel like vomiting. I was glad he said that, because it was exactly how I felt :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results