shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your #1 Diamond Cleaning TIp to keep it sparkling!

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
Everyday: I use window cleaner with a toothbrush to scrub the diamond and then rinse with hot water. Then I use a microfiber tissue to wipe the ring dry
Once a week: I let the ring soak in a bowl of hot water+dish washing liquid for 15-20 minutes and then scrub it with a toothbrush. I finish my cleaning like every other day with some hot water to rinse the ring and a microfibrer tissue to wipe it dry.

I've had my ring for four months and it's still extra clean and sparkly :love:

mogster

Shiny_Rock
During the day at work if my ring gets dirty, I stick a piece of tape on it and the grime comes off with the tape.

tenyearanniversary

Shiny_Rock
I also use dawn hot water soak, toothbrush, blot, and blow dry. works like a charm!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have a jewellery cleaner that is older than my adult son... :-o and when I remember to use it, I use Mr. Clean with a few drops of isopropol alcohol in it. If I can't manage that workload, :bigsmile: then I just dip my baby toothbrush in the latter and scrub for 5 seconds (prolly less) while it is on my finger... All good!

cheers--Sharon

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Usually I soak my ring in a cleaning solution and scrub it with a soft toothbrush and then rinse with hot water and dry with a soft lint free cloth.

I have a platinum setting and I've used the following cleaning solutions with good sucess:
A) hot water with dish soap
B) windex and hotwater ( wit or without dishsoap too)
C) rubbing alcohol
D) undiluted white vinegar
E) soak over night in water with a denture cleaning tablet (enzymes and hydrogen peroxide)
F) a little unscented laundry detergent and hot water (excellent grease fighter)

I clean my ring on almost a daily basis, and use whatever I feel like. I've noted that shampoo doesn't do a very good job (too many hair conditioning ingredients)

I've also noted that soaking longer than about 20 min doesn't really make much of a difference - I think because I clean so frequently that gross gunge doesn't really build up.

Don't dry your diamond with a towel that has been dried with a driersheet, or has been washed with fabric softener.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I use dawn and hot hot hot water, let it soak, then go at it with a sonic toothbrush, soak, scrub again, and then rinse with really hot water, blow dry. I used to use Windex, but my rings are 18kt and I worry about removing the rhodium.

I've also used canned air to blow off the water on the pavillion. It's seems that no matter how long I blow dry or blot with bounty, when I use the loupe, I can see teeny water spots! :angryfire:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I do a combination of the above and am anxiously awaiting my ultrasonic order... For drying after cleaning, I use one of the little lint-free glasses cleaning cloths. I have one in my office for after washing hands at work, and one in my bathroom drawer for after cleaning at home. The US I order says it can be used for cleaning glasses which I am VERY excited about since I'm also kind of obsessed with keeping my frames/lenses clean. :oops:

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
BLOW DRY with cool air to avoid water marks after cleaning.

Ultrasonic cleaner works magic too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results