shape
carat
color
clarity

share you small pleasures that make a difference in your life

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just must share!!!

I recently upgrade our mattresses set from full size to queen size and ooooooh my life is better!! Fi and I have been arguing less, I've been sleeping better and longer, it's been awesome!

Anyone else want to share small changes that made a big difference?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
On top of upgrading to a queen from a full we bought a 4 inch thick tempurpedic-type memory foam mattress topper. What a difference it makes! It takes a little while to get used to it but it''s heavely now. I used to wake up with a sore back but not any more :) The other thing that''s made a huge difference is moving in together. Changing back and forth from staying at one place or the other got to be too hard. We had pets at both houses so now that everyone''s together we''re much happier.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is funny; I want to play! On our anniversary we went to Costco and bought an hose reel that automatically winds the hose with the touch of a button.
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooh that hose-thingy sounds great. Our hose is stretched out across the lawn right now...silly bf

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just bought some bedroom furniture. We had upgraded to a new king set about a year or so back... but didn't have a bedframe or nightstands or dressers... my new set makes me smile and lifts my mood everytime I walk into the room!

Also, I'm a voracious reader and own thousands of paperbacks. WELL this weekend I went through ALL OF THEM and purged 2/3. It was so freeing. I was hoarding them for so long, and didn't realize how much they were weighing me down.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I ... love... my... dishwasher!!!!!! And my insinkerator garbage disposal thingy. Yes, the kitchen is a happier place.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My car...... I know its not a small pleasure but for me its a huge godsend. We live outside the city and it would be a case of two or three buses to go anywhere. And me getting to work would be really difficult. We are always out and about which we just couldn''t do if I didn''t drive. None of my family had cars when I was growing up and I didn''t manage to take my test till I was 32. I love my car!!!!

to99yav1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you gals have big ticket small pleasures...i was thinking more along the lines of a special treat to a high calorie beverage from starbucks
41.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 5:08:55 PM
Author: mrssalvo
you gals have big ticket small pleasures...i was thinking more along the lines of a special treat to a high calorie beverage from starbucks
41.gif
Lol! Well my other one (until I just got the migraine from hell) would have been Ben and Jerrys Fossil Fuel ice cream!!
9.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Mine are cheap Mrs. Salvo!

I adore warm towels (though I rarely manage to organise the laundry/shower cycle to have them) and "new toothbrush day" can completely reverse my mood. It kind of stretches out into new toothbrush week it makes me so happy!
9.gif
9.gif
DH thinks I''m crazy...
38.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
In-sink soap dispenser in the kitchen! I hate a cluttered sink area and this thing is a godsend! And it was so easy to install!

Black-out honeycomb shades in the bedroom so the room is DARK at night. AWESOME.

My ipod to get me through my commute.

Growing peppermint by the door so I always smell something good on the way in.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 12:45:29 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
On top of upgrading to a queen from a full we bought a 4 inch thick tempurpedic-type memory foam mattress topper. What a difference it makes! It takes a little while to get used to it but it''s heavely now. I used to wake up with a sore back but not any more :) The other thing that''s made a huge difference is moving in together. Changing back and forth from staying at one place or the other got to be too hard. We had pets at both houses so now that everyone''s together we''re much happier.
ummm, that sounds divine! I have a featherbed cover that is pretty nice, I bet the tempurpedic is even better.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 12:56:14 PM
Author: Skippy123
This is funny; I want to play! On our anniversary we went to Costco and bought an hose reel that automatically winds the hose with the touch of a button.
9.gif
Awesome! I hate when yard hoses get kinks in them, I bet this would solve that.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 1:01:54 PM
Author: Gypsy
We just bought some bedroom furniture. We had upgraded to a new king set about a year or so back... but didn''t have a bedframe or nightstands or dressers... my new set makes me smile and lifts my mood everytime I walk into the room!

Also, I''m a voracious reader and own thousands of paperbacks. WELL this weekend I went through ALL OF THEM and purged 2/3. It was so freeing. I was hoarding them for so long, and didn''t realize how much they were weighing me down.
I always feel great when I organize and get rid of junk as well. Fi is a packrack and I''m a minimalist...but he''s slowly learning the better life of only having things that you use and not jam packed closets of who knows what!!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
One word : SWIFFER (big house, almost none of it carpeted, fuzzy dog who seems to find every puddle and mudpatch in the city. Do the math.)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 1:21:32 PM
Author: Independent Gal
I ... love... my... dishwasher!!!!!! And my insinkerator garbage disposal thingy. Yes, the kitchen is a happier place.
Garbage disposals are a godsend! If I didn''t have one of those I bet I would clog up the sink all the time.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 5:06:33 PM
Author: Maisie
My car...... I know its not a small pleasure but for me its a huge godsend. We live outside the city and it would be a case of two or three buses to go anywhere. And me getting to work would be really difficult. We are always out and about which we just couldn''t do if I didn''t drive. None of my family had cars when I was growing up and I didn''t manage to take my test till I was 32. I love my car!!!!
Toyotas are great cars. My parents have a corolla and it was inexpensive, gets great gas milage, and has been really reliable. It''s definitely not a small pleasure, but good for you for enjoying your car! So many people are always striving to have bigger, more expensive cars in LA, and really smaller better MPG cars would make more sense here given the traffic problems.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 1:21:32 PM
Author: Independent Gal
I ... love... my... dishwasher!!!!!!

Ditto. It came shortly after my DH (then fiance) moved in. He simply wouldn''t submit to my environmentally criminal "all paper & plastic" program.
3.gif
I''d been living in city apartments so long I''d NEVER had a dishwasher as an adult!

Also ...

The automatic ice maker/ water squirter in the Fridge''s door. Wow! Luxury!

I sound like a Caveman, no? "Look ma ... runniing WATER!"
31.gif
20.gif

p.s. -- I totally agree about * queen beds * four-inch-foam-pillow-top-thingies *cars *high-calorie-coffee-drinks

OH OH OH OH ...

Tivo!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 5:08:55 PM
Author: mrssalvo
41.gif
Haha, you''re right! I should have titled the thread, "medium to large pleasures!" My small pleasures include things like green olives, sunglasses to keep my eyes from squinting in the sun, coke zero (love that stuff!!).

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 5:12:23 PM
Author: mercoledi
Mine are cheap Mrs. Salvo!

I adore warm towels (though I rarely manage to organise the laundry/shower cycle to have them) and ''new toothbrush day'' can completely reverse my mood. It kind of stretches out into new toothbrush week it makes me so happy!
9.gif
9.gif
DH thinks I''m crazy...
38.gif
Warm laundry is great! When I lived back in the midwest I would put my sweaters in the dyer before school when I was a little kid. Then they would be all nice and warm before I headed out in the cold.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
well since we just moved into our first home, everything rocks!
but one of my faves is the washer & dryer IN OUR HOME!
i''m a laundromat girl no more! yick, i can''t believe i did that for so long! i HATED washing clothes! not no more!
16.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 5:13:45 PM
Author: sumbride
In-sink soap dispenser in the kitchen! I hate a cluttered sink area and this thing is a godsend! And it was so easy to install!

Black-out honeycomb shades in the bedroom so the room is DARK at night. AWESOME.

My ipod to get me through my commute.

Growing peppermint by the door so I always smell something good on the way in.
Growing peppermint, what an idea!! I bet that smells wonderful!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 5:21:56 PM
Author: jas
One word : SWIFFER (big house, almost none of it carpeted, fuzzy dog who seems to find every puddle and mudpatch in the city. Do the math.)
Definitely beats mopping!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 5:26:54 PM
Author: jcrow
well since we just moved into our first home, everything rocks!
but one of my faves is the washer & dryer IN OUR HOME!
i''m a laundromat girl no more! yick, i can''t believe i did that for so long! i HATED washing clothes! not no more!
16.gif
I look forward to the day when I don''t have to save up quarters to do laundry anymore and lug my clothes down to the basement!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 5:27:43 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 5/7/2007 5:21:56 PM
Author: jas
Definitely beats mopping!
have you checked out microfiber mops? we got lots of wood floor, and this mop thingy rocks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, our high ticket pleasure was when we purchased our van. i wanted and got the auto side doors and a dvd player (for road trips or when mommy has to run a ton of drive-though errands) , it also came with the auto truck opener which was a bonus. hubby thought I was silly until we test drove a few and found he loved the auto side doors opening too..love it and it's a lifesaver with to little kids...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smaller pleasures:

Vitamin Water.

Fresh squeezed OJ or Tangerine Juice.

Pedicures.

Anchovie Stuffed Olives.

Shrimp. I love shrimp.

A nice piece of european chocolate.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 5:21:38 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 5/7/2007 1:01:54 PM
Author: Gypsy
We just bought some bedroom furniture. We had upgraded to a new king set about a year or so back... but didn''t have a bedframe or nightstands or dressers... my new set makes me smile and lifts my mood everytime I walk into the room!

Also, I''m a voracious reader and own thousands of paperbacks. WELL this weekend I went through ALL OF THEM and purged 2/3. It was so freeing. I was hoarding them for so long, and didn''t realize how much they were weighing me down.
I always feel great when I organize and get rid of junk as well. Fi is a packrack and I''m a minimalist...but he''s slowly learning the better life of only having things that you use and not jam packed closets of who knows what!!
Neither of us are either. We aren''t hoarders and we aren''t minimalists. Though we go through cycles... I LOVE purging my stuff of all the STUFF that''s accumulated! I also re-organized and purged my closet this weekend which was great. I just love getting rid of things we don''t need.

Funny thing is I work with a bunch of SERIOUS hoarders. And when I tell them that I''ve done X or Y... they look very confused as to why I get so much joy out of it!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey JCROW .. not to hijack but --

how do those microfiber mops work exactly.

I''ve been eyeing them at Target cuz I know I shouldn''t be Wet Swiffering our less-than-perfectly-sealed wood floors ... yet, I can''t quite get a handle on what to moisten those microfibers one with? Just a lemon oil spray? Not a big ol'' dunking bucket like regular mops, right?? I could use a new "simple pleasure"!!!! And cleaner floors!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 6:40:16 PM
Author: decodelighted
Hey JCROW .. not to hijack but --

how do those microfiber mops work exactly.

I''ve been eyeing them at Target cuz I know I shouldn''t be Wet Swiffering our less-than-perfectly-sealed wood floors ... yet, I can''t quite get a handle on what to moisten those microfibers one with? Just a lemon oil spray? Not a big ol'' dunking bucket like regular mops, right?? I could use a new ''simple pleasure''!!!! And cleaner floors!
I was wondering the same thing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results