shape
carat
color
clarity

Shanks for arthritis, Need wearer/owner input: Sizing Beads/Sizing Jackets/ 'Forever Fit' / Hinged Shanks?

Skyjems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have been blessed to not have arthritis in my hands, yet...

However, this means that I can't recommend a 'best solution' for my clients with much authority.

I would very much appreciate hearing feedback on the different solutions and how they have worked/not worked for you.

TIA
Dave

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There’re several threads on the hinged shanks. Not inexpensive, but prob the best route if the knuckle is quite large

Skyjems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks, I had already done a search and found a few threads on each, but nothing comparing/contrasting any of them.

I have gone ahead and recommended sizing beads for this particular client because as of right now, her knuckle is only a half size larger.

My jeweller has a design she uses that is at least as good as most of the 'off the shelf' hinged shanks, but still not cheap because it's a lot of finishing labour.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because arthritis affects people differently, and what people find comfortable will vary, perhaps have a set of sample shanks in your shop, one with sizing beads, another with horseshoe clip, one with hinged bottom half etc.

Skyjems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Because arthritis affects people differently, and what people find comfortable will vary, perhaps have a set of sample shanks in your shop, one with sizing beads, another with horseshoe clip, one with hinged bottom half etc.

How I didn't think about this before is beyond me!

That said, most of my clients never get to visit in person, so not ideal for online and I hate sending people to a jewellery store to 'pretend' to be looking when they are only using the store to benefit me/my business and have no intention of buying from that store.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
CLIQ! I have personal experience with 2 rings. Excellent product and excellent company.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results