shape
carat
color
clarity

Shank Sizes in Halo settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

halolover

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone I am addicted to this site and now after a couple of months of lurking we are finally making some decisions about the setting/stone etc. I definitely want a RB in a Halo Bezel setting. Our center stone is going to be about 1.7-1.8 ish so I wanted to see what shank width we should use. I dont want the shank to be too thick such that it takes away from the size of the center stone. At the same time, I dont want it to be too thin that it looks fragile compared to the center/halo.

So I wanted to know the width of the shank in the Danhov ME1 and the WhiteFlash setting so that i get in idea. Also, if you have custom Halos please share with me the width of your shank and the size of your center stone (a picture would be an added bonus).

Thanks all!!

halolover

Rough_Rock
Never mind, on the WF website it says its a 2mm shank. But I''d still like to know your shank/center stone ratio if you got it custom made. Thanks!

MrNyceGuy

Rough_Rock
2mm is really thin. 2.5 to 2.8 is most common. My gf doesn''t want a shank that thin (I''m getting her a 2.6ct diamond solitaire set). So after my own research I''ve come to decide on 3.2mm roughly through my talks with Whiteflash. It''s not enough to overpower the diamond but it''s enough to make the shank look more substantial than the normal width which my gf thinks is too thin for her liking. Just my 2 cents.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a 2.1 mm shank and it''s just perfect. My diamond is 6 x 6 (1.09 asscher) and with the halo it''s somewhere around 8-9 mm square. But mine is a plain shank so it''s very sturdy. If you are getting pave with azures (little holes in under the stones) with your size stone, I''d go with whatever the thinnest width my vendor felt was durable for your stone''s size. It really depends on who is making your setting, and how the pave in the shank is being set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results