shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Shameless Showoffs: Show Me Your Bling!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Self-care

1818.jpg

Punk studs for @diamondyes

1515.jpg

Ahhhh I didn’t realise the pave was set upside down!! This detailing is just beyond!!! Wowowowowow

Just wondering if the culets ever scratch you, catch on things or are slightly uncomfortable?

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Oh I see it now!! When you said punk studs before I thought you meant earrings :)

Sorry to disappoint you, hehe. Check out designer Ara Vartanian, he sets many diamonds/gems upside down, including earrings.

It really is a dreamy blue! My eyes bugged out of my head when I first saw it!!

We need new photos, I've seen those before, haha. Mesmerizing blue.

Are the "studs" upside down MRB's?

They're about 1.9mm round brilliants.

Ahhhh I didn’t realise the pave was set upside down!! This detailing is just beyond!!! Wowowowowow

Just wondering if the culets ever scratch you, catch on things or are slightly uncomfortable?

Thanks dear. Have you been drifted to gemstones yet after seeing Fabio's awesome exhibition?

The ring doesn't spin so the culets never touch my skin. I actually like to run my finger over them once a while, weirdo, huh? I'm so hooked on this way of setting at the moment, it would be way more fun with larger stones, so completely different dynamic for faceted stones. Funny how I don't care for rose cuts at all so must be the pointy culets.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks dear. Have you been drifted to gemstones yet after seeing Fabio's awesome exhibition?

The ring doesn't spin so the culets never touch my skin. I actually like to run my finger over them once a while, weirdo, huh? I'm so hooked on this way of setting at the moment, it would be way more fun with larger stones, so completely different dynamic for faceted stones. Funny how I don't care for rose cuts at all so must be the pointy culets.

Hahaha I can imagine that spikey texture being quite addictive! Is there any danger with the stones being set this way eg the culets chipping?

I haven’t drifted to coloured stones yet but really like emerald cabochons. They are just so so so juicy! Problem is, I am quite a cautious buyer and like to know what I’m buying.

It took me years to build up the knowledge of how to buy a decent diamond, and I haven’t got the eye (or gut) yet for a coloured stone.

The other thing is that I am really lazy and don’t baby anything at all, hence why my ring is in bezels and why I am a bit hesitant to get a fine emerald…

Speaking of juicy emeralds, just posting a pic of the juiciest thing I’ve ever seen. It was a tiara that was part of an exhibition at Sothebys earlier this year showcasing royal and fine tiaras.

35FB5E67-5602-47F7-8DCB-2DE40CACB7F3.jpeg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your graduated 5 stone (7 stone?) Is gorgeous. Do you have a thread on it or more pics? :kiss2:

Thank you!! Thank you!!
No thread on this one. It's 7stone trellis .35/.35/.60/1.52/.62/.35/.35

Very comfortable. Covers the entire top half of my finger.

Few more photos... 20220914_142740.jpg

Attachments

• 20220914_142749.jpg
    20220914_142749.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220914_142804.jpg
    20220914_142804.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220914_142828.jpg
    20220914_142828.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 26

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!! Thank you!!
No thread on this one. It's 7stone trellis .35/.35/.60/1.52/.62/.35/.35

Very comfortable. Covers the entire top half of my finger.

Few more photos... 20220914_142740.jpg

These proportions are so perfect! Thank you for sharing!

ETA: just noticed the prongs. Impecably beautiful! The shared prongs (claws!) for the sides are so well executed they just disappear into the ring. Amazing. ❤️

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Sure, I'll play!

Top to bottom -

6P Argyle pink diamond from Leibish, set in double halo ring by DBL.

Heat only sapphire from Finewater, set in 21k gold by Sally from Heart Of Water.

Solasfera from GOG.

Five stone ring from Whiteflash.

Double yellow halo from DBL.

Yellow heart halo from DBL.

Recently acquired Burmese no-heat Mogok ruby from Inken Krause.

PXL_20220913_184211886.jpg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Sure, I'll play!

Top to bottom -

6P Argyle pink diamond from Leibish, set in double halo ring by DBL.

Heat only sapphire from Finewater, set in 21k gold by Sally from Heart Of Water.

Solasfera from GOG.

Five stone ring from Whiteflash.

Double yellow halo from DBL.

Yellow heart halo from DBL.

Recently acquired Burmese no-heat Mogok ruby from Inken Krause.

PXL_20220913_184211886.jpg

Love your collection! What is the plan for your ruby?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I had to have this necklace when I saw it. I’ve been looking for a butterfly necklace for a while and couldn’t decide on a diamond one and then I saw this and had to have it instead. Vca Lucky Alhambra Butterfly courtesy of fashionphile.
84E59C07-9C30-4D7E-9297-73970BB02DBF.jpeg C7552FD2-1B25-48CE-86C3-68CD26577B8B.jpeg

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
So I had to have this necklace when I saw it. I’ve been looking for a butterfly necklace for a while and couldn’t decide on a diamond one and then I saw this and had to have it instead. Vca Lucky Alhambra Butterfly courtesy of fashionphile.
84E59C07-9C30-4D7E-9297-73970BB02DBF.jpeg C7552FD2-1B25-48CE-86C3-68CD26577B8B.jpeg

I love it, and you are beautiful!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Feeling wicked

3940.jpg

I really like how your rings create a wonderful horizontal stack (are 'horizontal stacks' a thing?!).

Don't think I've seen the coloured rings with the solitaire before - the effect is mesmerizing.

May I cheekily suggest a pinky ring project? :lol:

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
It’s a Sephora color. E5CDE773-7F86-4926-9A0A-1734333D7726.jpeg

The shade suits you well.

I really like how your rings create a wonderful horizontal stack (are 'horizontal stacks' a thing?!).

Don't think I've seen the coloured rings with the solitaire before - the effect is mesmerizing.

May I cheekily suggest a pinky ring project? :lol:

Thank you.

Haha, I'm very tempted with that idea too. Although it might have a relatively low roi because of the ring size, can't wear it on other fingers. On the other hand, I won't need a largeish stone for the project...

Btw, I checked out Gaia Repossi's and she does awesome designs. Was she a model before, she looks very familiar?

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
The shade suits you well.

Thank you.

Haha, I'm very tempted with that idea too. Although it might have a relatively low roi because of the ring size, can't wear it on other fingers. On the other hand, I won't need a largeish stone for the project...

Btw, I checked out Gaia Repossi's and she does awesome designs. Was she a model before, she looks very familiar?

Hahaha I LOVE that you talk about RoI regarding ring sizes :lol:

Have you tried wearing a pinky ring as a knuckle ring? I’ve not really tried this before but could be an idea to bring down the cost per wear.

Hmm, I don’t think Gaia Repossi was ever a model professionally but she appears in a lot of Repossi’s marketing campaigns and is invited to a lot of red carpet events. Plus she has both the face and body to be a model (lucky for some ;-) )

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha I LOVE that you talk about RoI regarding ring sizes :lol:

Have you tried wearing a pinky ring as a knuckle ring? I’ve not really tried this before but could be an idea to bring down the cost per wear.

Hmm, I don’t think Gaia Repossi was ever a model professionally but she appears in a lot of Repossi’s marketing campaigns and is invited to a lot of red carpet events. Plus she has both the face and body to be a model (lucky for some ;-) )

Hehe, this hobby is costly and I want to spend $ wisely.

No, I've not and maybe I should. I wear my sapphire high enough, it's almost like a knuckle ring...no?

2671.jpg

Totally. I don't know why but I keep thinking Gaia had something to do with Chloé, but it should be Clare Waight Keller...

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for hijacking the thread but I wanted to share this with our London PSers, @Pomelo @RosieR (?) go and check these out for us, please.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for hijacking the thread but I wanted to share this with our London PSers, @Pomelo @RosieR (?) go and check these out for us, please.

Oh no, wish I’d seen this sooner! I won’t be in the area again until after the exhibition finishes :(

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Sorry working like a nutter this week. It’s a shame it’s fallen this week with HM QE2’s funeral. We were given a public national holiday on Monday. Quite a few of us are trying to squeeze a 5 day work week into 4 days.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bit of a slow old day here in Massachusetts, so I took a few shots of Beloved. Sorry if this has reached 'boring-as-bat-sh*t' proportions - I Just love her!

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I will never see enough pictures of that emerald or that sapphire.:love:

Thanks. I like green and blue together too. Any luck with your emerald search?

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. I like green and blue together too. Any luck with your emerald search?

I saw a very juicy 5ct emerald cab in a store a week ago when I was looking at small <1ct bezel set stackers. I realized in that moment that I wouldn't be satisfied with a baby emerald, and need to save up for a bigger statement piece.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results