shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Shameless Showoffs: Show Me Your Bling!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I'm still hoping to see your earrings...

I’ve gotten some studs from preloved! I can’t remember what other earrings project I’ve mused about :lol:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
9F3C0741-B08F-4091-A5F4-7F205C063CC4.jpeg My husband loves jewellery, auctions and surprising me.

I'd like to meet him sometime, at last a guy who shares my interest! :lol-2:

What a fabulous piece, but he's a lot braver than I am, I don't have the nerve to try to surprise my wife with jewelry. I learned that lesson by about the tenth year of our marriage, when I finally realized she never wore any of the stuff I'd bought her! :bigsmile:Shows how observant I was, but that was long before my latent jewelry gene kicked in. :lol-2:

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to meet him sometime, at last a guy who shares my interest! :lol-2:

What a fabulous piece, but he's a lot braver than I am, I don't have the nerve to try to surprise my wife with jewelry. I learned that lesson by about the tenth year of our marriage, when I finally realized she never wore any of the stuff I'd bought her! :bigsmile:Shows how observant I was, but that was long before my latent jewelry gene kicked in. :lol-2:

Well, he does it like that: we love going to auction previews and try on all sort of things. He then remembers what I liked. But I never know if and what he then bids on - or if he wins the auction at the end. Sometimes he gets something and then waits quite a bit before he surprises me with it. But it sure helps that he loves jewellery (sometimes I think more than I do, if that is possible. He honestly would rather buy rings than a car.

Reactions: prs

Chardonnay

Rough_Rock
No, no, not at all. But I had to look it up. So it‘s a fancy yellow, VVS2, 5 ct.

My dream ring !!!! I wanted to send you a direct message to ask the price you paid….but look like pricescope doesn’t have that function, lol

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
My dream ring !!!! I wanted to send you a direct message to know the price you paid….but look like pricescope doesn’t have that function, lol

I don‘t know the price… But it was from an auction and therefore not „new“ and not near the price you‘d pay for a new one. :) Almost none of my jewellery is new.

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
CD3872BF-94AC-49FD-ACBA-7C30B018546D.jpeg
My new rings. All stones are from our pricescope vendors and made by local jeweller.

Attachments

• 3323233B-F089-4C44-A176-C329435EEB76.jpeg
    3323233B-F089-4C44-A176-C329435EEB76.jpeg
    248.6 KB · Views: 24
  • B18364E0-F713-45B6-8EC2-AB1C7CA93DEA.jpeg
    B18364E0-F713-45B6-8EC2-AB1C7CA93DEA.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 9D0DEC5E-8C87-42EC-BE46-66510ECF7074.jpeg
    9D0DEC5E-8C87-42EC-BE46-66510ECF7074.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 24

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
These are the close ups of my Toi et Moi ring. The yellow diamond was sourced through Alex Park and Amy and I worked on refining the setting and engraving, so pleased how it turned out. Thank you to David Klass( Amy) and Alex Park for making this dream ring a reality. To my Hubby Brian for gifting me this 46 years + Anniversary gift upgrade, not only do I sigh, swoon and giggle when I have it on, I truly love you for this gift and our life together.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, he does it like that: we love going to auction previews and try on all sort of things. He then remembers what I liked. But I never know if and what he then bids on - or if he wins the auction at the end. Sometimes he gets something and then waits quite a bit before he surprises me with it. But it sure helps that he loves jewellery (sometimes I think more than I do, if that is possible. He honestly would rather buy rings than a car.

We like going to auction previews too. I think going to previews, finding gorgeous pieces, and then playing the bidding game must satisfy one of our male hunting instincts. :mrgreen2:

The problem with cars is that once you've bought one, or at the most two, you are pretty much done. Whereas DW never seems to have a problem finding more room in her jewelry box for more bling. =)2

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
F0A3F468-7690-4A8B-868F-BD158F3442CD.jpeg

My vintage/antique stones in candle light as they were meant to be enjoyed!

From left to right:
- Vintage asscher taken out of an Art Deco ring, circa 1930.
- OMC/OMB that had some scratches and chips cleaned up.
- Edwardian ring with antique pear sides and OMC center.

These old cuts indeed look amazing in candle light. I’m loving the kozibe effect on the OMC with candle light reflection. The asscher is a GIA G and the OMC/OMB is a GIA N… you can hardly tell the difference in this pic! The Edwardian ring is estimated I-J. You can definitely tell the difference in other lighting but not really in candle light.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock

From left to right:

These old cuts indeed look amazing in candle light. I’m loving the kozibe effect on the OMC with candle light reflection. The asscher is a GIA G and the OMC/OMB is a GIA N… you can hardly tell the difference in this pic! The Edwardian ring is estimated I-J. You can definitely tell the difference in other lighting but not really in candle light.

They look so terrific and crisp.

Calla-lilies

Shiny_Rock

From left to right:

These are absolutely gorgeous! I’m new to PS and tbh I’ve never heard if OMC or OEC until recently and my gosh - they’re beautiful! Where does one find these cuts?

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
These are absolutely gorgeous! I’m new to PS and tbh I’ve never heard if OMC or OEC until recently and my gosh - they’re beautiful! Where does one find these cuts?

Thank you! There are various retail outlets that specialize in vintage/antique jewelry and stones, such as Jewels by Grace, Lang Antiques, Victor Barbone, etc. If one is well versed in judging antique stones on their own, instagram, ebay, etsy and pawn shops are also a great source.

Gone_

Shiny_Rock

From left to right:

So beautiful!!! How are you going to set your OMC?

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful!!! How are you going to set your OMC?

In a bezeled (center stone and all of the melee individually bezeled) halo/cluster with an airline! It’s going to be a RHR so don’t need to wear a band with it or anything.

Here it is not in candle light lol

Attachments

• 2B6BF3FC-6D92-49C2-8C2E-F186B3A0BBE9.jpeg
    2B6BF3FC-6D92-49C2-8C2E-F186B3A0BBE9.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results