shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Shameless Showoffs: Show Me Your Bling!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shamelessly show off your bling without any guilt. Over post, over indulge, and share share share! This is for all those times you are sitting on your deck and realize that the lighting is just AH-MAY-ZING and you need to take out your cellphone camera and take a million photos. It's a shame no one else gets to see those hundreds of pictures on your phone's photo album! Share away here, guilt free! Even better if you add your own crazy anecdote of what you did to get some bling bling pictures. Were you in public, and needed to pretend to text someone? Did you stop your hubby mid-conversation to borrow his camera phone? Do your hubby and your closest friends think you are officially certifiably nuts? :naughty: Share away!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes to all of your questions madelise lol and thank you for starting this thread. Here are a few impromptu shots taken yesterday late afternoon in our backyard...not the best quality but not bad considering it was with my dh's mobile phone. I will add that my ring hasn't been cleaned since last week (bad girl!)
I'm also throwing in a pic our security camera took that afternoon just to show the view my OEC was enjoying. :sun:

oecoverlookingoceanaug132013.jpg

hangingoutondeckwithdhandoec.jpg

backyardview73013_zpsffbd3ae8.jpg

2013-08-13172648_zps2d9fd5b9.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your turn madelise! I need to see some more pics of that beauty of yours!!! :love: :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, bling aside (which is stunning, of course) that view is amazing!!! I dream of having a house on the waters edge one day! Sadly I think we'll have to move to Oz to get it :D

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread madelise! I was sitting at the stop light and got mesmerized by a ray of sunlight......... :oops: :lol:

cmsflyring49.jpg

cmsflyring50.jpg

cmsflyring51.jpg

cmsflyring52.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1376483739|3502704 said:
Missy, bling aside (which is stunning, of course) that view is amazing!!! I dream of having a house on the waters edge one day! Sadly I think we'll have to move to Oz to get it :D

Alex, thank you. I enjoy it most of the time with the exception of hurricanes and such. :errrr: Then I question our decision to buy this house lol. Believe me, right before Sandy when the meteorologists were predicting the enormity of the storm I was wishing we weren't right at the water's edge! ::)
Anyway, if you're ever planning a trip to the jersey shore let me know and you have an open invite to come and visit us here!

Catmom, I love your huge ray of sunshine! :love:

Oh, pretty pictures and bling Niel! I wish I could take gorgeous pics like you...very artistic!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
My mom's ring. Tried it on and snapped a bunch of pics while she left the room because yes, she thinks (knows) I'm nuts.

1.3 ct BGS JVS1 with pear sides in yellow gold.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1376510885.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1376510919.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1376510954.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bling everyone! Catmom - I'd be so mesmerised that there's no way I'd ever get anything done with that on my finger. Ever :lol:

Missy - I can imagine the fear when a storm blows through, but a hurricane?? Perhaps not for me :errrr: However, if I get the chance in the future I shall be sure to give you a shout. It looks utter heaven & I can only imagine on a hot sunny day... :lickout:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1376479374|3502678 said:
Yes to all of your questions madelise lol and thank you for starting this thread. Here are a few impromptu shots taken yesterday late afternoon in our backyard...not the best quality but not bad considering it was with my dh's mobile phone. I will add that my ring hasn't been cleaned since last week (bad girl!)
I'm also throwing in a pic our security camera took that afternoon just to show the view my OEC was enjoying. :sun:

I LOVE YOUR RING. :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1376503921|3502946 said:
Love this thread madelise! I was sitting at the stop light and got mesmerized by a ray of sunlight......... :oops: :lol:

Catmom, your yellow diamond makes me want one really BAD... Think I'm gonna have to make an addition to my bling bucket list!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1376509740|3503017 said:
Love it!
As you can see I love flowers and diamonds! The white ones were at a grocery store!! :lol: :lol:

So Pretty!! It's like five bright and sparkly flowers!! Beautiful!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1376478906|3502676 said:
Shamelessly show off your bling without any guilt. Over post, over indulge, and share share share! This is for all those times you are sitting on your deck and realize that the lighting is just AH-MAY-ZING and you need to take out your cellphone camera and take a million photos. It's a shame no one else gets to see those hundreds of pictures on your phone's photo album! Share away here, guilt free! Even better if you add your own crazy anecdote of what you did to get some bling bling pictures. Were you in public, and needed to pretend to text someone? Did you stop your hubby mid-conversation to borrow his camera phone? Do your hubby and your closest friends think you are officially certifiably nuts? :naughty: Share away!

This is the best idea for a thread!!! Thanks, madelise! (and, yes... I shall contribute soon) :lol:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!
As you can see I love flowers and diamonds! The white ones were at a grocery store!! :lol: :lol:

OMG, I would love to have seen the looks you got as you carefully and lovingly positioned your rind for just the right shot!! :lol: :lol:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1376514996|3503122 said:
Love it!

OMG, I would love to have seen the looks you got as you carefully and lovingly positioned your rind for just the right shot!! :lol: :lol:

I did at least hide so hopefully only a random old lady or two in the flower department saw me. :oops:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1376479512|3502679 said:
Your turn madelise! I need to see some more pics of that beauty of yours!!! :love: :appl:

Oh Missy, I just transferred all my extraneous files to a hard drive :wacko: Fear not! I always take more photos :lol:
I love your ring, Missy.. holy crap does it give me crazy DSS! And you've never posted about that band!! It's gorgeous, I love the engraving. And that deck!!! WOW. WOW WOW WOW!!! I'd sit out there every free moment I have with a glass of wine and a camera :saint:

Catmom, I can never get enough of your ring. The diamond is phenomenal and oh so glowy, but that setting seriously gets me weak in the knees!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I was in my car the other day about the time the sun was beginning to set and got mesmerized by the pastels my lovely MRB J was giving off... crap shots, but hopefully you'll appreciate them. (please pardon the dry, scaly skin and Fred Flintstone hands) :oops:

The driver who flipped me off didn't understand the seriousness of getting these photos. Who cares if he had to wait an extra 3 or 4 seconds at the stoplight??!! Clearly, he was not a PS member. :roll: :lol:

pastels_driving.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1376516370|3503145 said:
So I was in my car the other day about the time the sun was beginning to set and got mesmerized by the pastels my lovely MRB J was giving off... crap shots, but hopefully you'll appreciate them. (please pardon the dry, scaly skin and Fred Flintstone hands) :oops:

The driver who flipped me off didn't understand the seriousness of getting these photos. Who cares if he had to wait an extra 3 or 4 seconds at the stoplight??!! Clearly, he was not a PS member. :roll: :lol:

pastels_driving.jpg

OMG, gorgeous! :love:
And the nerve of that driver. Some people have no manners yanno? Very rude. :cheeky:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1376516707|3503149 said:
OMG, gorgeous! :love:
And the nerve of that driver. Some people have no manners yanno? Very rude. :cheeky:

I know, right??!!! :lol:

Thanks, missy!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks missy!

I just have to keep it out of the sun, Alex T, then I can get stuff done. :lol:

LLJsmom.......enable.......enable.......enable......... :naughty:

Awww, thanks so much madelise!!! Now get busy on your pics!!!

msop04 your ring and stack is just gorgeous!!!!! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1376515638|3503134 said:
missy|1376479512|3502679 said:

Oh Missy, I just transferred all my extraneous files to a hard drive :wacko: Fear not! I always take more photos :lol:
I love your ring, Missy.. holy crap does it give me crazy DSS! And you've never posted about that band!! It's gorgeous, I love the engraving. And that deck!!! WOW. WOW WOW WOW!!! I'd sit out there every free moment I have with a glass of wine and a camera :saint:

Catmom, I can never get enough of your ring. The diamond is phenomenal and oh so glowy, but that setting seriously gets me weak in the knees!

Thank you madelise! My invite to visit extends to you as well! There are so many PSers I love and would love to meet IRL...and just so everyone reading this knows when I invite it is sincere. Just sayin... (thank you Enerchi for allowing me to use one of your mantras here :bigsmile: )
And I actually did add my bands to my thread granted it was a bit after I started the thread but I felt funny starting a new thread on just my bands. :oops: I have this engraved platinum vintage band (got it for a steal from ebay!) and a swiss cut band that I got from my favorite estate jewelers in Lambertville, NJ.
I am looking forward to seeing more pics of your buttercup beauty Madelise!

Rosebloom-I love your mom's ring!

Thank you LLJ's mom. Cannot wait to see your pics!

And you're welcome msop. I really love your ring and I hear you on rude people. I encountered a few of them today and unfortunately I no longer hold back when it comes to rude people. Though LOL I would have given your impatient driver a pass. :cheeky:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at work (pharmacy) a few weeks ago and just thought my rings looked cool, so off I go to get my phone. I certainly got some funny looks as I stood in my cage and held my hand just right...

"I'm sorry, mom with sick child... you're antibiotic can wait until I snap this pic." I mean, geez! :rolleyes: :lol:

pharmacy.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like I need some photography pointers (and a better camera on my phone)!! :oops:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAHA!!! I, too, embarrassingly enough to say :oops: , have pissed off people at a red light cus the lighting was too perfect. SHHHH don't tell the cops that!

Here, I took these pics last week and they were still on my phone. Took them early in the morning, when the lighting was good, but it made my fingers look like orange lanterns.

sidebysidehasoidhasod.jpg

Missy, if I ever visit Jersey, I'll let you know :)) I'll steal your hubby's chair, and we'll sit there, sipping on wine (I don't actually drink wine lol but it sounds fancy), and snapping photos of our jewelry while the men face palm themselves.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1376517433|3503165 said:
Looks like I need some photography pointers (and a better camera on my phone)!! :oops:

OH MY UPGRADE HAS BEEN UP SINCE JUNE! I'm waiting for the new iPhone to get released, hopefully next month! I've been using my poopy iPhone 4! From 3 years ago! Eek! The horror.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1376517533|3503167 said:
Here, I took these pics last week and they were still on my phone. Took them early in the morning, when the lighting was good, but it made my fingers look like orange lanterns.

sidebysidehasoidhasod.jpg

Oooooohhhhh.... Aaaaaaahhhhhh!! That is one gorgeous ring! Is it a true antique or repro? (...and I won't tell the police :lol: )

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't remember exactly when I took this, but it was during the time I was engaged. I was in front of my vanity, and my ring seemed to glow! Fuzzy glow, but glow... (thanks again, crappy HTC T-bolt :???: ) I liked that it gets both angles, showing off the detail.

_4257.jpg

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
This is such a reassuring thread to read, I'm glad I'm not the only one who photographs her bling left and right! I have sometimes had more pics of my jewelry than of my own child on my phone... But like a true addict I know how to cover it up well: whenever I share my phone with someone I make sure to erase all bling pics first (that sometimes takes a while to do!)

Here are a few

image-211531494.jpg

image-1502674146.jpg

image-2987241931.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why does melee show up more in mirror shots? It seems to define each tiny stone... every time.

I've noticed this several times when I catch a glipse of my ring in the mirror. (okay, who am I kidding? I always look at my ring in the mirror! HA!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results