shape
carat
color
clarity

Shallow diamond- need advice

myvoip

Rough_Rock
I need advice from the experts. I am new to diamond shopping. For starters, I am trying to buy a small 0.35 carat diamond. I've narrowed down on following diamond:
Depth - 59.7%
Table - 56%
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry- Excellent
Girdle- Thin to medium
Cutlet - None
Fluorescence- None
Shape - Round
Cut - Ideal
Color - VS2
Crown - 32.5 degrees
Pavilion- 40.8 degrees
Star - 45%
Lower half- 75%
Color - F
Dimensions- 4.64X4.62X2.76
Clarity characteristics- cloud, crystal
Price - $650

Please advise if the quality of diamond looks reasonable and price sounds reasonable.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I'd want to see an idealscope on it. It grades out fine on the HCA but it barely squeaks into GIA Excellent.

I would guess it is not going to idealscope that well, but I could be wrong and it might not really be a spread cut.

Here's an AGS0 stone, 1 color grade lower, $10 more, and it's almost .3mm smaller even though it's only .05ct smaller.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.30-carat-g-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-2020865

This one is F/VVS2 0.36ct AGS0 for $730.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.36-carat-f-color-vvs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-2005742

I would probably buy one of the AGS0 stones and not be worried about ~$50 more, but that's me.

myvoip

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your valuable inputs. I'll add these stones also to my list.

Can you advise what is the best way to get the idealscope image, considering Blue nile does not supply it.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
James Allen will supply one (though you don't really need one on AGS0 stones)

When I looked at diamonds 0.30 to 0.35, there were something like 22,000 to choose from, so you can likely find what you're looking for at James Allen.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results