shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

B_Rock

Rough_Rock
Hi

I am looking to get an engagement ring for my girlfriend. I am going to get a princess cut diamond. I need to find the right setting for it. I am looking at diamonds around 3/4 of a carat. I want it to be a solitare setting. The classic tiffany won't do, since her best friend just got that as her engagement ring and my girlfriend doesn't like it.

Where can I find simple and elegant settings ? I don't like prongs. I want something a little more substantial. Ideas ? I've looked and haven't found the perfect one yet.

Thanks for your help.

enibas

Rough_Rock
i too can't stand the tiffany setting, not do i like cathedral...did she give you any other hints? maybe i can help? :) i kept telling my boyfriend "i want it to sit LOW in a basket-type setting"...i can pick 'em out like *that* (=me snaping my fingers)...i realized Tiffany's (capital T) had exactly what i was looking for :love:, but not at all the price ANYONE shoudl be looking for, and that's when i discovered the infamous D Vathe setting -- which is what i'm getting!! whoo-wee!!! what do you think of them: www.dvatche.com ?

good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out whiteflash.com in their Rings section or http://www.engagement-rings.cc/ (the two sell pretty much the same inventory, maybe same co?); they have a bunch of solitaire settings to choose from!

We are in the midst of picking a setting, and I just can't decide, there are so many beauties out there. So we might do a plain solitaire for now and then we can change later if we decide to go for a new look.

My favorites on the links above are the Fine Line Solitaire and the Sleek Solitaire Look, though the Royal Crown setting from Vatche looks gorgeous as well. I like the solitaires with 'shoulders' leading to the center stone, as opposed to the prong basket just sitting on top of the band like a regular Tiffany solitaire. Also, do a few searches on Google for 'platinum solitaire engagement ring' and you will turn up TONS of pages and images to view!

Good luck!

student

Shiny_Rock
How about a half-bezel setting?

Or the Vatche X-prong? This has prongs, but is more substantial than Tiffany-style settings.

Best of luck! I'd definitely suggest looking in some stores, as I find it is hard to really get a sense of how settings looks from seeing magnified pictures.

tdu2000

Rough_Rock
Check this out for something different in a setting:

http://artwork-inform.com

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
I'm not a big fan of prongs either. You might want to check out tension settings, or bezel settings. You can look at some tension settings on this site: http://www.mickeyroof.com/mr_gai.html

B_Rock

Rough_Rock
Hi

I took a look at all your suggestions. And it helped. Thanks. But I haven't found exactly what I want. I think a half bezel might be it but I'm not sure. I like the setting to be a part of the ring rather than seem like a seperate piece. The lower basket type settings are nice. My girlfriend has seen the arches in her friend's ring and didn't like that look so I am going to try to find something else.

Thanks for the help with this important decision.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
B-Rock:

Why don't you consider the X-prong by Vatche?

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

x_on_black.jpg

GI_XprongPrin_t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results