Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

B_Rock

Rough_Rock
Hi

I am looking to get an engagement ring for my girlfriend. I am going to get a princess cut diamond. I need to find the right setting for it. I am looking at diamonds around 3/4 of a carat. I want it to be a solitare setting. The classic tiffany won't do, since her best friend just got that as her engagement ring and my girlfriend doesn't like it.

Where can I find simple and elegant settings ? I don't like prongs. I want something a little more substantial. Ideas ? I've looked and haven't found the perfect one yet.

Thanks for your help.

enibas

Rough_Rock
i too can't stand the tiffany setting, not do i like cathedral...did she give you any other hints? maybe i can help? :) i kept telling my boyfriend "i want it to sit LOW in a basket-type setting"...i can pick 'em out like *that* (=me snaping my fingers)...i realized Tiffany's (capital T) had exactly what i was looking for :love:, but not at all the price ANYONE shoudl be looking for, and that's when i discovered the infamous D Vathe setting -- which is what i'm getting!! whoo-wee!!! what do you think of them: www.dvatche.com ?

good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out whiteflash.com in their Rings section or http://www.engagement-rings.cc/ (the two sell pretty much the same inventory, maybe same co?); they have a bunch of solitaire settings to choose from!

We are in the midst of picking a setting, and I just can't decide, there are so many beauties out there. So we might do a plain solitaire for now and then we can change later if we decide to go for a new look.

My favorites on the links above are the Fine Line Solitaire and the Sleek Solitaire Look, though the Royal Crown setting from Vatche looks gorgeous as well. I like the solitaires with 'shoulders' leading to the center stone, as opposed to the prong basket just sitting on top of the band like a regular Tiffany solitaire. Also, do a few searches on Google for 'platinum solitaire engagement ring' and you will turn up TONS of pages and images to view!

Good luck!

student

Shiny_Rock
How about a half-bezel setting?

Or the Vatche X-prong? This has prongs, but is more substantial than Tiffany-style settings.

Best of luck! I'd definitely suggest looking in some stores, as I find it is hard to really get a sense of how settings looks from seeing magnified pictures.

tdu2000

Rough_Rock
Check this out for something different in a setting:

http://artwork-inform.com

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
I'm not a big fan of prongs either. You might want to check out tension settings, or bezel settings. You can look at some tension settings on this site: http://www.mickeyroof.com/mr_gai.html

B_Rock

Rough_Rock
Hi

I took a look at all your suggestions. And it helped. Thanks. But I haven't found exactly what I want. I think a half bezel might be it but I'm not sure. I like the setting to be a part of the ring rather than seem like a seperate piece. The lower basket type settings are nice. My girlfriend has seen the arches in her friend's ring and didn't like that look so I am going to try to find something else.

Thanks for the help with this important decision.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
B-Rock:

Why don't you consider the X-prong by Vatche?

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

GI_XprongPrin_t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.