shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abbymax825

Rough_Rock
When I saw this ring that was posted by a pricescope member, I fell in love!! It is absolutly what we have been looking for. We have looked everywhere for something like it but the problem have been as follows... the diamond that my "soon to be fiance" bought is a 1.46 and in a ll of the settings similar the side diamonds have been too small making the band much too small for the large size of the center stone. Any ideas!!!
We have found one at a local store that is as close as i think that we will be able to get and have the proportions be ok. The difference is that there is only 2 diamonds on each side and the head of the center stone sits much lower as if taking up the space of the first two diamonds on each side. The pictures that follow are as close as I can get. They called it a shared prong setting, or it has a scalloped look???

the setting1.jpg

abbymax825

Rough_Rock
similar to this in platinum...and with only a 4 prong head

mem5big.gif

abbymax825

Rough_Rock
this one the diamonds don't have the scalloped look as much as the other... any ideas who make these thye of settings

my engagement ring.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first two were clearlt aseembled from semimounts... basically the 'head' holding the diamond comes as a separate component that can be pegged to the band. Not too many companies producing such components for jewelry making have catalogues online and none posts prices. There is one exception (stuller.com) - you may want to dig into their semimounts and settings collection...

With no side view on the third it's hard to tell who's who, but a few designers also have such models (A.Jaffe, Jason Kay...).

Funny enough.. there is yet another inquiry about one like this (thread)
2.gif

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Here is a picture of my Whiteflash shared prong ring. The sides are 4 .27 ACA stones and they are fabulous, center is a 2ct. I would highly recommend talking to Leslie and Brian over and Whiteflash to design your ring. The ACA's are second to none. Good luck.

dayboyz.jpg

10sne1

Rough_Rock
Hi. New poster here. I saw this setting and wanted to let you know that I just ordered a very similar setting from an Ebay seller. The ctw is over 3cts without a center stone. I'm having a cushion cut center put in as I type this and can't wait to see it.

Anyway, the ebay seller was EJeweleryDeals if you want to see if they have any similar settings. The color of my stones is G-H and clarity is VS1. I believe I got an excellent deal and the seller was very good to work with. Hope that helps.

New Ring_042604.jpg

10sne1

Rough_Rock
Here's another view....

New Ring1_042604.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
McGivern Diamonds at Overnightdiamonds.com has a really extensive catalog of settings. Try looking through them. They also appear to be quite reasonable. Good luck and happy hunting.

Shay

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
wow, that is a very artful setting I can just imagine how fabulous an asscher would look...drooling now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results