shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings. Settings. Settings. Who is the most popular?

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have been on the forum since 2003, but I certainly don't post that much. In that time I have become relatively familiar with many of the designers, Leon Mege, Maytal Hannah etc...but I was wondering if there were any newcomers.

I'd love to see everyone's opinion on the top 3 setting designers.

Mine at this point would be:

#1. Leon Mege
#2. Maytal Hannah

However, I am sure there are many more I'd love. Just not enough time to search through EVERY thread.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Victor Canera produces some stunning work, he also brings a lot of integrity with it....

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Ditto Victor Canera based on what I've read here.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, Victor Canera does stunning work...

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
(Threadjack) I live about 45 kilometers from a small city named Moose Jaw!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steven Kirsch used to work under Leon and does lovely work. He re-did my halo and I'm thrilled with it. His site is timelessluxury.net

I haven't worked with Victor but would love to, so he is a great recommendation as well.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
In my mind, Leon Mege, Victor Canera and Steven Kirsch top the list.

There are others like Ocean Pearlman, Maytal Hannah, 23rd Street Jewellers ... perhaps Facets custom work but we have only see one example.

The there are still others JbEG, BGD, WF, ERD ...

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and diamondsbylauren has very recently been producing a pretty high end line of settings under the incredibly gawd-awful name "uber". I'm not sure they're 100% handmade but the quality appears quite high.

But yeah, Victor Canera and Steven Kirsch are probably the most recent PS "discoveries". I have a VC setting and it's absolutely incredible workmanship. He does amazing micropave but he specializes in more antique styles, and the engraving is perfect. All handmade, too.

SK does more Leon type work, with an emphasis on teensy micropave with dainty, super thin minimal-metal styles and whatnot. VC's work tends to be more substantial; while he does make the sub 2mm shanks that got really popular, it's not his default style. (The setting I have is tapered French cuts, from over 5mm tapering to about 2.5mm on the underside.)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've always been intrigued by DBL.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I would probably put Victor Canera and Steven Kirsch above Leon as I think Leon's business etiquette is sloppy and rude at best....that is just my .02cents.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another vote for Victor. He has great ideas, the patience of a saint and his work is stunning. What more could you ask for??

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
It all depends on what style you are going for, as each of these designers has a particular style. I will throw out for consideration Mark Morrell, James Meyer and McTeigue & McClelland.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
If money were no object, and the design I love wasn't from another vendor, it would be Victor Canera hands down after seeing his true hand-forged & immaculate :love: work these recent months.

I honestly would place him above SK & LM for his design, hand-made work, integrity of his pieces, & integrity of the vendor himself (based on my impression with recent posters' experiences).

Ultimately, he is at the top of my wish list for a setting and I surely do plan on using him in the future.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1315484488|3012586 said:
I would probably put Victor Canera and Steven Kirsch above Leon as I think Leon's business etiquette is sloppy and rude at best....that is just my .02cents.

Ditto.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results