shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings in England

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DP

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Looking for a little help in setting a 0.63 carat round brilliant H&A. I live in Hampshire, England and my g/f is a nurse
naughty.gif
, so wants a fairly flat setting. I found this pic (thanks SNUFKIN) in the ''show me the ring'' section and am looking for any recommendations you may have on anyone around here who might be able to do something similar. Also, the ring here looks like it''s been set in platinum. Are there any issues with setting it in 18c yellow gold instead?

Any help would be gratefully received.
1.gif

Thanks

DP

curly setting.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Very nice setting. It's very classy.
Personally, I do not like yellow gold too much. What's the diamond's color? If it's J-K, maybe YG will mask a bit of the color making it face up like an I. If it's whiter than J (which is however in my opinion white enough for white gold), use white gold that will compliment its whiteness.

BTW, I love the look of even M-N-O colors when set in white metal. I guess it's simply a matter of taste. Choose whateven will make your fiancee happy.
1.gif

DP

Rough_Rock
It's a G so that's a good point. Would the yellow make the diamnd look a lower grade than it actually is?

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful setting, it looks like a bezel setting to me. Metal color is a personal thing...go with the color that your woman likes. The trend now is for platinum settings, but plenty of people (including me) prefer yellow gold, regardless of the color grade of the diamond.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Yes - the trend is platinum
But through the years we learn
That "everything old is new again"
So yellow gold will return !!!

DP

Rough_Rock
Cool, thanks for that. If it's a bezel setting then does that mean I'll be able to find someone to do it fairly easily? Obviously I won't really find out until I start looking
rolleyes.gif
but I don't want to hang my hat on one design and then find out it's going to be impossible to practically do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results