shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings for Gene’s (Precision Gem) stones

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
6D8AC22E-A3F9-48CD-8EBA-02F1FFE3FF4C.png AD6985A6-B04A-4D9F-9885-9F6F7B3861AA.jpeg 20896395-A437-4051-A908-88A3557EEC5A.jpeg F11EBDD7-1473-4E85-A524-92E153514B35.jpeg
Every once in a blue moon Gene has a sale. I don’t know why this 5.4 mm stone had gone unclaimed. I was doing my best trying to watch my budget, but when it went on sale, I pounced! It’s an Umba sapphire with a fair amount of rutile needles that are gorgeous under a loupe. It is rather fluorescent so in some light it is nearly neon. I found this cute setting from DINAR Jewelry on Etsy. They shipped it to me from Israel and were very easy to with. (My photos are looking too purple, but the one with the coneflower shows the pink neon effect.)

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn't realize Chrono's amazing cuprian was from Gene!

I didn't post this earlier because my mahenge garbet from Gene is in an inexpensive stock setting. Someday I want to collaborate with MissyBeaucoup, Elle_71125 and others on designing a custom setting :sigh:

The pink-putble stone throws amazing flashes of color and sparkle. IMG_20180603_173928.jpg

Lilmosun, I love your beautiful ring with the engraving on the sides! What a gorgeous stone! Gene picks some lovely colors. Yum!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
8A1860DF-3F1E-4997-9C80-EC8640C7584E.jpeg 1D580D00-0421-49CD-8290-05C93E4485E6.jpeg
Last one...these are my family pictures in indirect sun and fluorescent light. I just want to thank all my friends here for sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm. I have enjoyed learning so much from you all!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I didn't post this earlier because my mahenge garbet from Gene is in an inexpensive stock setting. Someday I want to collaborate with MissyBeaucoup, Elle_71125 and others on designing a custom setting :sigh:

The pink-putble stone throws amazing flashes of color and sparkle. IMG_20180603_173928.jpg

Beautiful mahenge garnet in a beautiful setting. :kiss2: It doesn’t matter if it’s a stock setting. I wish I could find more stock settings to fit my gems. :roll2:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with @elle_71125, the stone looks great in your setting!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really think this one gets the most ogles from the other ladies. I have to stop myself from getting fifteen rocks all in bright pink!

Missy is a darling! We have a bunch of rescue kitties and most of them are sassy or spoiled. She is like the doting grandma to everybody. Thank you!

I didn’t even LIKE pink before this whole CS thing!!! :lol:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t even LIKE pink before this whole CS thing!!! :lol:

Ditto and the irony is that NKOB's collection fueled my pink obsession o_O

Thanks MissyBeaucoup, Elle and Leslie...Outside of a few custom pieces from Yvonne, I couldn't afford to set my stones if it weren't for less expensive stock settings. It's probably a good things as I don't have an artistic bone in my body. I truly appreciate the many beautiful custom designs I see others come up with.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
6D8AC22E-A3F9-48CD-8EBA-02F1FFE3FF4C.png AD6985A6-B04A-4D9F-9885-9F6F7B3861AA.jpeg 20896395-A437-4051-A908-88A3557EEC5A.jpeg F11EBDD7-1473-4E85-A524-92E153514B35.jpeg
Every once in a blue moon Gene has a sale. I don’t know why this 5.4 mm stone had gone unclaimed. I was doing my best trying to watch my budget, but when it went on sale, I pounced! It’s an Umba sapphire with a fair amount of rutile needles that are gorgeous under a loupe. It is rather fluorescent so in some light it is nearly neon. I found this cute setting from DINAR Jewelry on Etsy. They shipped it to me from Israel and were very easy to with. (My photos are looking too purple, but the one with the coneflower shows the pink neon effect.)
Very nice setting and sapphire!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was trying to take photos of my top 5 favorites, which included basically all of Gene's stones except for 1.

1. Previously owned by MakingTheGrade, Spessartite garnet in yellow gold solitaire.
2. My favorite piece, my very first CC purchase that started it all. 2.56ct Umbalite Garnet set in a white gold setting from NY diamond district. I loved the color & cut of this so much, I had more custom cut for a suite.
3. To match the ring, 4.31ct Umbalite Garnet set into a custom pendant setting by WF. I love this piece but it's a slider and flips often, so I'm afraid I don't wear it very often these days.
4. 1.76ctw Umbalite Garnet earrings.

And making guest appearance is my 2.53ct Mozambique Tourmaline cut by Barry. I have the hardest time accurately photographing its color, which is a beautiful mauve, sometimes hot pink.
IMG_5665.JPG

Showing better colors of these 2, although Umba is less purple and more pink in real life.
IMG_5668.JPG

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I looove it as is. Your ring is a beauty. Thanks for sharing her with us.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8A1860DF-3F1E-4997-9C80-EC8640C7584E.jpeg 1D580D00-0421-49CD-8290-05C93E4485E6.jpeg
Last one...these are my family pictures in indirect sun and fluorescent light. I just want to thank all my friends here for sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm. I have enjoyed learning so much from you all!
What a huge Gene collection! And you have picked such gorgeous settings for your stones. I love your stunning collection.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was trying to take photos of my top 5 favorites, which included basically all of Gene's stones except for 1.

1. Previously owned by MakingTheGrade, Spessartite garnet in yellow gold solitaire.
2. My favorite piece, my very first CC purchase that started it all. 2.56ct Umbalite Garnet set in a white gold setting from NY diamond district. I loved the color & cut of this so much, I had more custom cut for a suite.
3. To match the ring, 4.31ct Umbalite Garnet set into a custom pendant setting by WF. I love this piece but it's a slider and flips often, so I'm afraid I don't wear it very often these days.

And making guest appearance is my 2.53ct Mozambique Tourmaline cut by Barry. I have the hardest time accurately photographing its color, which is a beautiful mauve, sometimes hot pink.
IMG_5665.JPG

Showing better colors of these 2, although Umba is less purple and more pink in real life.
IMG_5668.JPG
Woohoo! Love the pinks and orange of your Gene collection. Very chique stones and settings.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
86D342AE-ABB2-4E44-A948-9A73D6223417.jpeg
This pink sapphire was my first colored gemstone purchase. I sent it off to David Klass and he said it was beautiful and sent it back looking like this. It has beautiful rutile needles under a loupe and has a bit of a shifty personality in different lights. It washes out a little in bright light and looks redder in the evening. The design is by Elle of the Gemstone Project.

WOW stunning. This looks similar to a setting I am considering for my Umbalite Garnet. Do the side stones ever take attention away from the center stone?

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW stunning. This looks similar to a setting I am considering for my Umbalite Garnet. Do the side stones ever take attention away from the center stone?
That sounds pretty, @Stone Hunter . No, they don't. The proportions are great. I think this would be even prettier with a larger center rock. My photographs aren't great, but hopefully you can tell how pretty the milgrain details are. There's a knife edge, so the shank is tiny. You can fit it a little on the smaller side.

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_5665.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

That spess is phenomenal! I’m in love :kiss2:

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade

So lovely!! Would you mind sharing where your very unique setting is from?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Acinom ! I’ll try to take some better photos on a sunny day =)2.
All of the pieces and stones in this thread are amazingly beautiful :love: !

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sunny.jpg garnet.jpg
I don't have it in hand yet, but here it is from the artist's facebook. A spessartite garnet from Precision, set in a pendant for my daughter by a jeweler from the Willow Lane artists' collective. I love how it turned out!
I love this too! Awesome and modern pendant. Very strong, almost solar!

passions4purples

Rough_Rock
I love this! What size is the pendant?
Thank you! I'll measure it in full once it arrives. The spess is 6.71mm, for a bit of perspective though.

I love this too! Awesome and modern pendant. Very strong, almost solar!
Thank you! The sun was the inspiration for it; I really loved the heat of the stone.

voce

Ideal_Rock
sunny.jpg garnet.jpg
I don't have it in hand yet, but here it is from the artist's facebook. A spessartite garnet from Precision, set in a pendant for my daughter by a jeweler from the Willow Lane artists' collective. I love how it turned out!

Thank you! I'll measure it in full once it arrives. The spess is 6.71mm, for a bit of perspective though.

Thank you! The sun was the inspiration for it; I really loved the heat of the stone.

Love your inspiration, and your spess looks so RED in that photo :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sunny.jpg garnet.jpg

I love this! The spess, with such vibrant color, helps portray the sun beautifully.
I can’t wait to see neck shots of this baby. :D

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
P1030278.JPG P1030282.JPG P1030295.JPG P1030319.JPG

Here's my Tajik spinel, set in a Stuller setting with 3 diamonds on each side by my local jeweler. I went with rose gold and it came out great with the vivid pink stone. The flowers are water lotus, pink coneflower, and hydrangea "limelight".

Thanks for the setting ideas, @elle_71125 ! This is the largest gemstone I own and I feel lucky to have acquired it. :dance:

I'm including a photo in UV light taken through my loupe to show the strong fluorescence of the spinel. It's an interesting effect! The stone changes a lot in different light, which is something I enjoy. The hand shot, with a little more sun, is closer to the color I usually see.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results