shape
carat
color
clarity

setting/varna question ?ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hi - I am computer illiterate so I hope I am able to do this right.

I like the Varna Contessa setting because of the ''swoopiness'' of the head around the pavillion - it seems to frame the pavillion so prettily. I don''t feel like I have to have the particular Contessa setting, but I would love to find other styles that are similar to the swoopiness around the pavillion. I have not been able to find any other designers that do this type of rounded bottom - usually they cover the pavillion more.

Does anyone know of any designers that do this type of thing?

The best pic demonstrating it is on the varna website but I cannot copy it to my computer.

http://www.varna.com/
our jewelry
Reale collection
the contessa pops up as the first ring when you click on Reale

the Lady ring has the same type of head (the next one in the series)

Any ideas of other designers that do this type of thing?

I will try to post a couple of other pics that I was able to copy off the internet.

Here we go... Thanks in advance

Brilliant_Rock
Did it work?

vr2.jpg

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my God! I am so excited! It actually posted! I have never done that before! Holy Moly!

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Belle for your instructions in the FAQ section!

This does not show the swoopiness as much, just a different angle of the ring.

vr3.jpg

Brilliant_Rock
If you look at the first pic you can see the bottom of the head with a little curved space between the prongs and the pavillion..

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi

I''m sorry that I can''t help you find that setting but I just had to say its gorgeous!!!! I shall keep an eye on this thread so I can see where you get them!!
21.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
:) do you want prongs with diamonds too or that''s the part making you want to look more?

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!
I do think the diamonds on the prongs are very pretty - I was just wondering if any other designers had other designs with this type of head.
The hesitations I have are:
1. it is 4 prong and I would like 6 for security (my mom lost her diamond when I was little, luckily my dad found it), although the 4 prongs here are very sturdy appearing (I have seen the ring in person). They do also give a squarish appearance which I am not sure if I like or not. (they wrap in a 90 degree angle on each prong at the edge, emphasizing a square effect to the stone/ring) I think I like it, but I am not sure. Maybe I just need to see it again.
2. the side diamonds actually appear sort of unnecessary (dare a PSer say that?
23.gif
)- they don''t seem to add much and are actually hard to see tucked under the curve of the ring - I did think about maybe changing to blue sapphires instead but I am not sure I feel it actually needs something there
3. the band width is wider than I would like - the ring itself appears to need the width to balance out the head and to be wide enough so that the side diamonds do not stick out over the edges of the ring. I usually like thinner bands, although the band appears appropriate for this ring.

I guess that was why I was hoping maybe there were other designers that may use that type swoopy pavillion thing!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Got you :), did not find anything yet, but if you don''t mind going custom i can make a photoshop of your desirable elements.
Please let me know.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
leon mege would do a nice job
3.gif

artofplatinum.com

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Irina, You are so sweet! Thank you! That is very pretty!
KCoursolle - I admit LM did cross my mind too!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results