shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting that will MAXIMIZE size of diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Also sometimes going too thin can almost make it looks smaller to me because my mind seems to try and balance things out. So I don’t know that I would go too thin. Also I think how your fingers are i.e. bony vs. fleshy can make a difference in what looks bigger or smaller on the hand.

recran

Rough_Rock
Sorry so late - the bands are really thin. - probably at or just over 2 mm. I think 4 or 6 prong is good - just depends on preference. I like 6 prong for security and for making my round look round instead of squarish.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/11/2006 1:12:56 PM
Author: recran
Sorry so late - the bands are really thin. - probably at or just over 2 mm. I think 4 or 6 prong is good - just depends on preference. I like 6 prong for security and for making my round look round instead of squarish.
Thanks, that''s what I thought. What you''re describing is exactly what I have. Being on Pricescope just makes me want to bling out that''s why I''m searching for a diamond band. But in actuality my diamond looks awesome with a plain wedding band!

coll

Rough_Rock
I have a 2.03 stone, and my fiance was also concerned with maximizing the size and the focus on the stone. My band is platinum, knife edge, and very thin- close to 1 mm but very strong. Definitely go with the platinum if you want the thin band. Also I think the cathedral setting contributes- mine is about 7.5 mm from shank to table. I wouldn''t add any sidestones, I think that makes the ring more noticeable from a distance sometimes but takes away from the emphasis on the (large) center stone. And we found that it''s a lot of work to find a band to go with it- I''d either go plain or eternity, I think mine is a 2 mm eternity.

Just my 2 cents!

Link to pics:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hand-shots-of-round-brilliant-solitaire-e-ring.38486/

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/7/2006 6:13:00 PM
Author: Ring a ring
New to this but what about......
Does anyone know where this ring is from?

ETA: Oops, I thought the picture would be copied onto here too. I guess not, so just reference the post which I quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results