shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting spinel, need prong advice!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies and gentlemen! I need some quick advice and your opinions are very very welcome. Thanks in advance!!

Daniel M is setting my 1.99 cushion in this kind of ring http://www.etsy.com/transaction/37448689. Attached is a pic of it. Top left cushion. It has a slight orangish pink tint to it, but more pinkish red.

I plan on using pink gold prongs for the center, and have the rest in white gold. Do you think the pink gold will go with this spinel? I did put it w/ a white gold chain and it looks good, it didn't look as nice w/ yellow gold chain, and i have no shiney new penny to try for the pink. Because it is an orangish pink stone, i thought pink gold will look nice.

What do you think? pink gold prongs for the center or no? Caren's probably sick of my wishy washiness so I wanted to get some other opinions. Thanks!

Eta, wth happened to my color? it is soooo much more saturated before it posted?!?

IMG_4934.JPG

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
more

IMG_4936.JPG

IMG_4979.JPG

IMG_4992.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not care for pink gold with mahenge spinels. I actually prefer high karat yellow gold with them. I think the pink gold clashes too much because it's more coppery than a true pink. While I think rose gold is better for more delicate shades of pink, I don't like care for it with hot pink or red gems (or orange gems for that matter).

Beautiful spinels.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TL! i was hoping you'd be online. I just asked Caren for a quote w/ 18k gold center prongs instead.

Setting stuff is stressful.. i feel like the gems will be disappointed if their new home doesn't look good. (so stupid, i know) :nono: it's so much easier to keep them in the boxes!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I too say no to pink-0 gold

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
18K yellow gold may complement the color more. I think pink gold is too peach colored and may clash.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
You guys are right. i think i will go with gold. Thanks!!! :bigsmile: I'm so excited.. this ring will have nice finger coverage. The center is 6.3mm wide, and the sides are 4mm wide each. My finger is 13.5mm wide. :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto; yellow gold and 18K will be better.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I agree re the highyellow gold too. It's interesting that you are thinking about this, as my pink mahenge from barry is coming in the post tomorrow, and I was thinking the same thoughts about prong-setting. (won't be for a while though :$$): :nono: )

Looking forward to seeing your finished ring! x

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results