shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting regret

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF rocks! So glad they are able to do this for you and can't wait to see the latest version!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I really love how chunky that head is, that's my kind of thing - but it's clearly not your kind of thing and I'm delighted it's being resolved so well with Whiteflash.

Can't wait for new pictures and hope it meets your hopes and dreams.

:kiss2:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What you are asking for reminded me of two settings by CVB (Caysie Van Bebber). For some reason my browser is showing me her prices in pounds and my settings are US, but if I recall these are typically under $2k. Maybe one of these would be a better fit? She sets outside stones, and her quality is highly regarded here.

Her 'Jovyn'
il_794xN.1141646022_qeui.jpg

il_fullxfull.1442056917_5z7f.jpg

And her 'Abby'
il_794xN.1235907162_rsjr.jpg

This. I have a Jovyn with petite tab prongs, and it sounds like what you're describing. The knife edge is sharp where it attaches to the basket, then softens down the shank for ultimate comfort. Hope this helps.
CVB Soli Blue Capsules 7.jpg DK Wire Band _plat_1.jpg CVB Soli Stack_1.jpg

Attachments

• CVB Soli with bezel eternity.jpg
    CVB Soli with bezel eternity.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 33
  • CVB Soli Blue Capsules 3.jpg
    CVB Soli Blue Capsules 3.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 23
  • CVB Soli H20 Shade.jpg
    CVB Soli H20 Shade.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 25
  • CVB Soli Stack_collage1.jpg
    CVB Soli Stack_collage1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 30
  • DK Wire Band _plat_3.jpg
    DK Wire Band _plat_3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 30

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops... I should've read the entire thread. I see WF is helping you - good deal!

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
Oops... I should've read the entire thread. I see WF is helping you - good deal!

No problem. Your setting is lovely! It's similar to what I was envisioning. :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it but I’m sorry for your issues

I wish the title of this thread was “ set it and regret it. “
That’s all I came to say.

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
@Niel Ha, you are so right.

I'm glad that WF helped "reverse" my Frankenstein of a setting. I love the curves of the Vatche U113 basket, and should have never tried to customize it in the first place. WF was able to send it back to Vatche and change out the basket. This speaks volumes about WF's customer service!

I'm really happy with how the ring looks overall (esp the side profile!). Vera's sent me some images to approve of before it's shipped out. My only concerns are highlighted in red and yellow. Is such asymmetry between prongs and facets (in red) or spacing between the prongs and outline of the band (in yellow) normal? Is this an artifact of camera angle?

I'm sure once I have my sparkly precious back, I won't even notice the asymmetry. But once you see it in a still photo, it's hard to unsee it or stop thinking about it. And wow, my stone looks warm even though it's an AGS H. It looks white in real life though!

Someone please stop me and tell me I'm being crazy. :wall:

upload_2019-5-15_22-5-47.png

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock

I'm glad that WF helped "reverse" my Frankenstein of a setting. I love the curves of the Vatche U113 basket, and should have never tried to customize it in the first place. WF was able to send it back to Vatche and change out the basket. This speaks volumes about WF's customer service!

I'm really happy with how the ring looks overall (esp the side profile!). Vera's sent me some images to approve of before it's shipped out. My only concerns are highlighted in red and yellow. Is such asymmetry between prongs and facets (in red) or spacing between the prongs and outline of the band (in yellow) normal? Is this an artifact of camera angle?

I'm sure once I have my sparkly precious back, I won't even notice the asymmetry. But once you see it in a still photo, it's hard to unsee it or stop thinking about it. And wow, my stone looks warm even though it's an AGS H. It looks white in real life though!

I strongly suspect this is just the photo ... just the smallest tilt in the camera angle will make the alignment look off like that .... BUT, if I were you, I would ask WF to look at it for the same issue before sending it to you. They can check to make sure and fix it before shipping, if necessary.

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
I strongly suspect this is just the photo ... just the smallest tilt in the camera angle will make the alignment look off like that .... BUT, if I were you, I would ask WF to look at it for the same issue before sending it to you. They can check to make sure and fix it before shipping, if necessary.

Thanks @kmoro ! I'll ask them about the issue.

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
First of all, you're not crazy. I don't know if it is camera angle or not, but the prong at 12:00 is not in symmetry with the prong at 6:00. It should be a straight line down to connect them. It looks more like 12:30 and 6:00. That would really bother me, personally. That is the kind of thing I couldn't "unsee". I ordered a new diamond from WF in this same vatche u-113 setting 2 weeks ago. I'm still waiting to receive mine, I wouldn't want it to come in looking like this.

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
First of all, you're not crazy. I don't know if it is camera angle or not, but the prong at 12:00 is not in symmetry with the prong at 6:00. It should be a straight line down to connect them. It looks more like 12:30 and 6:00. That would really bother me, personally. That is the kind of thing I couldn't "unsee". I ordered a new diamond from WF in this same vatche u-113 setting 2 weeks ago. I'm still waiting to receive mine, I wouldn't want it to come in looking like this.

Thanks @Iwanttosparkle. I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who thought the prongs looked off. Did you wind up customizing your U113?

WF was very responsive, and they're looking into it. Hopefully this is just a small stumble.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I totally see what you're talking about... it looks as if the head just needs to be rotated ever-so-slightly to the left. I'd have them double check for you to make sure it's not just the angle, then fix it if not. :)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The prongs do look a little off. Hopefully they can fix it.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not at all a fan of the tab prongs or the protuberant profile of the prongs when viewed directly face on.

I agree - either the Jovyn or the Abby; those solitaires are the stuff dreams are made of!

One tip, tho - so your ring is away from you for as short a time as is possible, ask Caysie to make the setting based on your specs, then send the diamond to her only once the new setting has been made. Alternately, have the setting sent to WF and ask them to set your stone, or to a local jeweler. That way you're only without your ring a few days.

Great diamond, tho - YUM!!

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @Iwanttosparkle. I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who thought the prongs looked off. Did you wind up customizing your U113?

WF was very responsive, and they're looking into it. Hopefully this is just a small stumble.

No, I didn't customize it. I had originally brought photos of the vatche u113 to a local jeweler to use as an inspiration for a custom solitaire. The original rendering in CAD that he sent me was not totally in alignment with what I was envisioning. I read multiple threads on pricescope that cautioned against custom work, and so I decided in the end to just go with the vatche u113. I was in love with the idea of "custom", but I came to the realization that I don't need to re-invent the wheel here. It's already been done, (and done well according to many pricescopers glowing reviews of the u113), so I decided just to roll with that.

My original engagement ring was a true knife edge and very sharp at only 1.5mm wide, so to me the vatche knife edge seems very softly rounded (compared to what I had) and generous at 2mm. I personally like and want the standard u113 prongs. I've been married 19 years and my experience has been that metal on my engagement ring prongs wore off naturally with time. I want to start out with robust prongs so that they have room to recede. But that's just me. My old set did not have a doughnut and my band and the engagement ring scuffed the heck out of each other. The custom jeweler had offered to take the doughnut off in his design, but other pricescopers helped me realize that having a doughnut would help with the scratching. So there's really nothing I can think of I'd change. I'm very much looking forward to getting it. I'm hoping they can get yours sorted out quickly! This waiting feels loooooooong :whistle:

Last edited:

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
What a journey--for those of you following this thread, Whiteflash fixed the prongs even though it wasn't their fault. The final product looks AMAZING. I'm so pleased. They made the prongs smaller, more symmetrical, and aligned appropriately. The diamond's girdle also sits appropriately in all of the prongs' slots.

Now I'm off to figure out how to post a video on SMTB!

Thank you all so much for your help! =)2

fullsizeoutput_77c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_77a.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratuations! So happy they made it exactly as you want it. Looks beautiful on you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
What a journey--for those of you following this thread, Whiteflash fixed the prongs even though it wasn't their fault. The final product looks AMAZING. I'm so pleased. They made the prongs smaller, more symmetrical, and aligned appropriately. The diamond's girdle also sits appropriately in all of the prongs' slots.

Now I'm off to figure out how to post a video on SMTB!

Thank you all so much for your help! =)2

fullsizeoutput_77c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_77a.jpeg

Delighted it's all sorted for you! Looking forward to an SMTB thread on this!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this so much!!!! It's perfect.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! Looks soooo pretty!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning :love: